blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:25:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  A Long Road Ahead
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: A Long Road Ahead  (Read 47372 times)
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: December 14, 2015, 12:27:11 AM »

<3 glgl
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 14, 2015, 12:35:28 AM »

Adam currently HU in 5k plo8 in EPT. gglglglglglglglg

gl Adam

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 14, 2015, 12:41:34 AM »

Cheers guys. Got 2nd for 29 after forever Hu. There was 30bb in play at the end. Lost to a lovely English gentleman who was a pleasure to play with. Ran good before final 3 so really can't complain.  I would like a trophy some day though. Really happy with my play. I joked to a good German reg during the main that it must take a lot to not have a pulse and I don't think my heart rate got above resting for the whole tournament. Not sure what il be doing for the rest of prague. Got a good sweat in the main too so things are looking good.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 14, 2015, 07:35:24 AM »

Cheers guys. Got 2nd for 29 after forever Hu. There was 30bb in play at the end. Lost to a lovely English gentleman who was a pleasure to play with. Ran good before final 3 so really can't complain.  I would like a trophy some day though. Really happy with my play. I joked to a good German reg during the main that it must take a lot to not have a pulse and I don't think my heart rate got above resting for the whole tournament. Not sure what il be doing for the rest of prague. Got a good sweat in the main too so things are looking good.

Not so bad then - well done. Who was the "lovely English gentleman" who won it?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: December 14, 2015, 11:07:10 AM »

grats!  monies > trophies
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 14, 2015, 11:47:44 AM »

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=76

And Wayman,  I'm turning into a deadman esque bridesmaid! And you get more cash too with the trophy.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 14, 2015, 11:54:18 AM »

And Wayman,  I'm turning into a deadman esque bridesmaid! And you get more cash too with the trophy.

Ahh, Jeff Duval - now your "lovely English gent" comment makes sense, though he can't have tell a "life" tale or two, as he's lived a wonderfully degenerate life & is a smashing guy.

Sorry you never got the win, but if anyone was going to beat you, I'm glad it was Jeff. Hope he was wearing one of his crucial hats. He's pretty cool for a near 70 year old white guy.   

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 14, 2015, 12:16:21 PM »

He can play a bit too. I thought he was going to let me run him over heads up but he certainly had the momentum for ages. He was rocking a flat cap too. It's some hendon mob he has.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 14, 2015, 12:25:41 PM »

He can play a bit too. I thought he was going to let me run him over heads up but he certainly had the momentum for ages. He was rocking a flat cap too. It's some hendon mob he has.

Yes, he has some game, & it's not his first EPT PLO8 Trophy either.

He used to do Vegas annually - he has or had a house there - but not so much these days.

He's tremendous company, on & off the table, & I love him to bits.

I would have thought you'd have crossed swords with him before. Until recently - probably still so - he polled up at the Vic every afternoon, & sat in the big game, equally happy in NLH or PLO, though he prefers the latter. He plays very comfortably, if you get my drift, & seems to know exactly when to apply pressure & when to fold.

Got a real "butter would not melt in my mouth" look about him when he dons his OAP hat.

titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: December 14, 2015, 01:05:46 PM »

depends how you structure a deal 
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 14, 2015, 05:13:38 PM »

Congrats!

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 14, 2015, 05:20:54 PM »

Ha, did a deal with Mr Duvall in my big cash.  He was leading the deal negotiations from memory. Did he make an offer? Was a pleasure to play with him.  Plays hold em pretty well too. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 14, 2015, 06:10:32 PM »

Cheers guys. Got 2nd for 29 after forever Hu. There was 30bb in play at the end. Lost to a lovely English gentleman who was a pleasure to play with. Ran good before final 3 so really can't complain.  I would like a trophy some day though. Really happy with my play. I joked to a good German reg during the main that it must take a lot to not have a pulse and I don't think my heart rate got above resting for the whole tournament. Not sure what il be doing for the rest of prague. Got a good sweat in the main too so things are looking good.

And Wayman,  I'm turning into a deadman esque bridesmaid! And you get more cash too with the trophy.

Ha, did a deal with Mr Duvall in my big cash.  He was leading the deal negotiations from memory. Did he make an offer? Was a pleasure to play with him.  Plays hold em pretty well too.  

When we got heads up we were pretty close in chips and nothing was mentioned. We had about 10 mins to the break and in one of the lat hands Jeff minraised  and I called jqk3ss . 338 flop and he bets I call. Turn q. He bets big I call. River 9. He bets 100k, there was 480k in play. I called fairly quick. It occurred to me on the turn he would be unlikely to have 88 as he raised and he had been very tight on the final  giving me a lot of walks from the small to my big  (once we were in that situation). He had 88 at with a nut suit and I was down to about 100k at 4k 8k. Then we played about an hour of very small ball poker. I wanted to drag the match out as I felt he would let me steal enough down the streets but this didn't work out too well and I didn't really get anything going. I eventually doubled with att2 on t58 vs 5536 and got to about 180k. He chipped me down again to 90k and I started to open a little more instead of limping and found a few decent hands. An hour after the break I'd gotten a very small chip lead and opened ajt3 1ns. And he 3bet for the first time. I'd made a lot of pretty big folds to him and there was only 30bb in play at this point. I called and got a k95 hh flop. He potted and in it went nut unfortunately I couldn't find a heart queen or bd low.

I don't think he wanted to deal straight away and after that he had momentum for so long that it probably didn't occur. I was thinking of asking to chop 10k of the 13 when blinds went up but I was feeling pretty good and he seemed a touch defeated having had me on the ropes for so long. A deal would have made sense for sure as we are playing roughly 200/400e at that point. Im a bit unsure regarding the deal rules etc and I was trying to play really fast to get the hands in. Might have been a mistake but it's possible he wasn't interested as we were chatting enough that he might have offered if he wanted one so I'm not going to sweat it too much. It's not a situation I'd want to walk into but I probably had a small edge so no regrets. A deal might have changed his style too and I think I was doing well enough against it

Still got 5 of a guy in the main, don't think his rl name is attached to his sn so I won't say. Someone Googled my name earlier in the week and delighted in telling me I'm demonic16 before refusing to reveal their sn, so I'm a bit paranoid about that now. Gonna play the 2k sko turbo as my drinking partner in Rob Tinnion is making his token tournament appearance.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 06:16:37 PM by rfgqqabc » Logged

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 16, 2015, 02:37:07 AM »

I dont know whats more pathetic;

a) telling someone you know who they are but not saying who you are.

b) thinking that a) makes the slightest fucking difference.

Had loads of people tell me they know who I am and have play 6max 100bb cash games with me on the internet and brag about this super information advantage they have over me in an 8 handed 500bb deep live game...

I'm pretty confident that in this exchange I've come away with the most useful information Smiley

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 16, 2015, 11:33:26 AM »

oh wp on the score too Adam Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: