blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 12:19:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272715 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Championship chat 2017-18
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 ... 38 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Championship chat 2017-18  (Read 100322 times)
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: January 05, 2016, 09:45:25 PM »

I think him forcing a move is the only way he gets a move, and I dont think he's that type. Pretty sure Brentford could offer him similar-ish terms to Wednesday, and with a new stadium and a great deal of ambition I doubt he makes that move. He'll also be keen to get gametime to make the Ireland squad for the Euros. Gets great exposure as pur fulcrum every week.

Adam Forshaw is an example of a player that was a mainstay for us but has seen his career stall with an ill conceived move. Reckon Judge will have learnt from that.

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
fatcatstu

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 05, 2016, 10:48:25 PM »

I think him forcing a move is the only way he gets a move, and I dont think he's that type. Pretty sure Brentford could offer him similar-ish terms to Wednesday, and with a new stadium and a great deal of ambition I doubt he makes that move. He'll also be keen to get gametime to make the Ireland squad for the Euros. Gets great exposure as pur fulcrum every week.

Adam Forshaw is an example of a player that was a mainstay for us but has seen his career stall with an ill conceived move. Reckon Judge will have learnt from that.

It depends on the team and who is there though doesnt it?

Forshaw moved to a team with the best central midfield partnership in the division, if he is going to a team where he can play the number 10 role and there isnt much competition, and he will have a greater chance of going up, why wouldnt he take it?
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 05, 2016, 10:53:39 PM »

Dont think Wigan had the best centre midfield in the division?

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
fatcatstu

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 05, 2016, 11:08:30 PM »

Did we get forshaw from wigan?! Ha! my bad!!Nothing to see, move on!
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 05, 2016, 11:11:50 PM »

Judge was on a fair old whack at Blackburn (i believe he got a new contract after 18 months despite not playing a league game in that time after being MOM in two cup games) he was wanted by a fair few "bigger teams" way back then.

Then he went back there on fair money after leaving Notts County and got a nice increase on his existing deal at the start of this season with Brentford.

Not mega money but having two contracts with Blackburn should mean he is set for life already
fatcatstu

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 05, 2016, 11:53:08 PM »

Will be interesting to see what the January transfer window brings.

Seems to be the case that January purchase's aren't usually great value for money, that's the perception anyway.

Rumours that Wednesday's owner may splash some cash.

His project has been quietly ticking over with a much improved squad and with one play off place minimum up for grabs he may be tempted to buy big. Still rumours about players like Rhodes and McCormack.

I think he'd be smarter to take his time (especially if Hooper starts firing on all cylinders) and pick up players in the summer, especially those available on Bosmans without spending stupid money on fees.

Looks like Wednesday's owner isn't keen on waiting too long to take the club forward.

Seems we are buying Blackman from Reading and very strong rumours from Sky about us buying Judge from Brentford.

Both good quality players at Championship level.

A play off place is there for the taking.

Blackman now looks to be off to Derby?!
PathFinder

@AWI_POKER

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 06, 2016, 01:27:59 AM »

Seems to be the case that January purchase's aren't usually great value for money, that's the perception anyway.

His project has been quietly ticking over with a much improved squad and with one play off place minimum up for grabs he may be tempted to buy big. Still rumours about players like Rhodes and McCormack.

I think he'd be smarter to take his time (especially if Hooper starts firing on all cylinders) and pick up players in the summer, especially those available on Bosmans without spending stupid money on fees.

Looks like Wednesday's owner isn't keen on waiting too long to take the club forward.

Seems we are buying Blackman from Reading and very strong rumours from Sky about us buying Judge from Brentford.

Click to see full-size image.
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 06, 2016, 11:24:36 AM »

Yes, the top 2 in the Championship and of course Premier League teams have significant financial muscle these days.

Whilst Wednesday's owner has significantly increased what we will spend on player wages, we will struggle to compete, especially with other clubs having parachute payments which make up a big percentage of their budget. Like going into a fight with one arm tied behind your back.

I'm sure we will find quality and value elsewhere. Not sure inflated prices in January are the best deals for any buying club - picking up 2 or 3 quality Bosman's in the summer with no transfer fee to find seems much smarter business to me.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 07, 2016, 06:50:12 PM »

Anthony Knockaert back in England, at Brighton

exciting player, masses of flair (which that brighton team needs?) and a real bums on seats talent

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 07, 2016, 06:54:17 PM »

Boo!  Hiss! Smiley
fatcatstu

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 12, 2016, 11:34:36 PM »

13 hours 37 minutes since Middlesbrough last conceded a goal in the league. 6 points clear with a game in hand at the top.

Looked through our remaining league fixtures and I honestly see no reason why we cant break 100 points this season. In fact I think we will reach 105.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 06, 2016, 11:51:21 AM »

Anthony Knockaert has scored his 1st goal in English football since for Leicester v Sheff Wed in Champ, April 2014

heck of a player at at championship level, my man crush is unabated

could take Brighton very close

My eyes are open wide
anthonyl
Old blog:

www.lindfield1984.blogspot.com

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 06, 2016, 09:07:33 PM »

Anthony Knockaert has scored his 1st goal in English football since for Leicester v Sheff Wed in Champ, April 2014

heck of a player at at championship level, my man crush is unabated

could take Brighton very close

He's hit woodwork 3 times as well already and a couple of assists. Welcome boost and only better things to come with many players set to return from injury in the next 4 weeks - Greer, Hunemeir, Bong, Baldock.

RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 06, 2016, 10:06:13 PM »

Promotion race getting very interesting now.

Brighton have clearly strengthened their squad, Middlesbrough spent big money, Derby bought Blackman but on a poor run and Burnley spent £6m in window.

Wednesday keep in contention in 6th with a big win at Birmingham after losing 3 players in game to injury. Hooper proving to be a great signing at this level.

With 3 points for a win, the 2 automatic spots still up for grabs.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 08, 2016, 07:14:08 PM »

Derby sack Clement

"Derby's website states that promotion was not 'their primary target'. Being five points off the top was obviously too risky. He had to go".

My eyes are open wide
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 ... 38 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: