blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 05, 2024, 11:37:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272890 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Championship chat 2017-18
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 38 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Championship chat 2017-18  (Read 100647 times)
fatcatstu

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: March 03, 2016, 01:04:29 AM »

Take 3 points off boros total !

If I never go back to Blackburn again in my life, it will be too soon. What an utterly shite night that was!
anthonyl
Old blog:

www.lindfield1984.blogspot.com

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 04, 2016, 12:32:58 PM »

Take 3 points off boros total !

If I never go back to Blackburn again in my life, it will be too soon. What an utterly shite night that was!

and take off 1 point off Hull....had them down as a draw last night.

Leadbitter and Ayala out for a couple more weeks for Boro so things are getting tighter by the week. We are pretty much fully fit except Solly March and Uwe who were first team regulars in August - October.

If we win away to Preston I will believe we can get second, however they looked decent in the home game and have a good record recently, 3rd in the form table behind us and Burnley.

bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 04, 2016, 12:40:52 PM »

Thought Hull looked pretty good last night. Have no idea how they didn't get anything out of the game or even win it. We robbed them.
fatcatstu

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 04, 2016, 05:02:21 PM »

Boro v Wolves tonight, huge game!!

Leadbitter isnt too big a miss to be honest, Clayton has been suspended for the last 2 games, but is back now, he is a better player anyway, and Forshaw has looked decent for us in recent weeks.

Ayala is a massive miss, absolute beast for us. We have been playing Dael Fry, an 18 year old from our academy, in his place the last few games, but he has been getting bullied by the big overweight cloggers most championship teams play up top, so I would think Kalas will come in, unless the move De Laet to centre half, Im not sure what he is like there, we have been playing him left back!

Rhodes needs a goal as well, keepers seem to be pulling off unreal saves as standard against him, so we shall see.

Yours,

Nervous in Middlesbrough.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 12, 2016, 01:10:09 PM »

wonder what the row between Karanka and his players was about that saw him leave training and tell Gibson he wanted to leave?

only 3 wins in 10, but still well placed. style of play?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 12, 2016, 01:31:28 PM »

BREAKING: #MFC boss Aitor Karanka WON'T lead the team for the game v Charlton tomorrow. Steve Agnew will take charge

Nigel Pearson must be nailed on for it if the job becomes open, which wouold be a wonderful appointment and soften the blow

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
fatcatstu

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 12, 2016, 02:15:19 PM »

BREAKING: #MFC boss Aitor Karanka WON'T lead the team for the game v Charlton tomorrow. Steve Agnew will take charge

Nigel Pearson must be nailed on for it if the job becomes open, which wouold be a wonderful appointment and soften the blow

No it wouldnt.

The man is a raving lunatic and a massive backwards step from the direction the club was looking to build.

Gutted beyond words that it looks like Aitor is leaving.
TommyPlus

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 12, 2016, 02:24:35 PM »

No it wouldnt.

The man is a raving lunatic and a massive backwards step from the direction the club was looking to build.

Karanka is lauded as some sort of genius when the sum of his tactics seem to be, spend lots of money, soak up pressure and try to hit teams on the break. It's hardly Total Football.

Agree about Pearson, the guy is just weird. Stay well clear.
fatcatstu

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 12, 2016, 02:30:28 PM »

No it wouldnt.

Karanka is lauded as some sort of genius when the sum of his tactics seem to be, spend lots of money, soak up pressure and try to hit teams on the break. It's hardly Total Football.

We play good passing football, and create on average about 12-14 shots a game I would think, pretty much none of which are just people shooting from 40 yards out.

He turned the way our club thinks and acts around, made us ultra professional and hard to beat. The rumours up here are that a certain Mr Downing has been a moaning prima donna all season and has finally managed to ruin the dressing room.
JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 12, 2016, 02:53:57 PM »

Just a coincidence that a middlesbrough legend has become available....
fatcatstu

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 12, 2016, 03:26:21 PM »

Just a coincidence that a middlesbrough legend has become available....

Arrrgh!!!

I EXPECT Pearson to get it, I would love to see us try and tempt Brendan Rogers up here til the end of the season (I know, I know, obv not realistic!)
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 12, 2016, 03:35:15 PM »

No it wouldnt.

I like Pearson.  Think he just doesn't suffer fools gladly.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 12, 2016, 03:41:14 PM »

No it wouldnt.

Very much this.  Wish there were more managers in the game with his style.  Less corporate PR bollocks and more straight to the point.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 12, 2016, 03:58:40 PM »

No it wouldnt.

Very much this.  Wish there were more managers in the game with his style.  Less corporate PR bollocks and more straight to the point.

Timing is perfect. McLaren's free.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
anthonyl
Old blog:

www.lindfield1984.blogspot.com

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 12, 2016, 08:43:03 PM »

Definitely kicked off over Rhodes signing which doesn't look to be his choice.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 38 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: