blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 12:44:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272715 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Championship chat 2017-18
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 ... 38 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Championship chat 2017-18  (Read 100326 times)
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: April 20, 2016, 12:24:41 AM »

Bookmakers have shortened Brighton for promotion after tonight's games, which is slightly strange..

Coral 4/6 -> 8/15
VC 4/6 -> 1/2
Ladbrokes Evs -> 8/11

Why on earth is it strange that they have cut Seagulls for promo tonight after the results?  With a point dropped between their two rivals? What were you expecting to happen under these circumstances?  They drift?  Please mark our marks about the 'max bet' we should be smashing into because of this rick and the reasons why?
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 12:32:27 AM by arbboy » Logged
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 20, 2016, 12:34:10 AM »

Bookmakers have shortened Brighton for promotion after tonight's games, which is slightly strange..

Coral 4/6 -> 8/15
VC 4/6 -> 1/2
Ladbrokes Evs -> 8/11

Why on earth is it strange that they have cut Seagulls for promo tonight after the results?  With a point dropped between their two rivals? What were you expecting to happen under these circumstances?  They drift?

Quite clear that a Boro win was easily the best result for Brighton tonight.

Boro very likely to have wrapped up promotion before the last game of the season v Brighton if they had won at Turf Moor tonight.

Boro win (+Brighton win) would have meant Brighton only had to match Burnley's results to finish above them, now they have to better them in the final 3 games.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 12:37:33 AM by The Camel » Logged

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 20, 2016, 12:37:01 AM »

Coral 4/6 -> 8/15
VC 4/6 -> 1/2
Ladbrokes Evs -> 8/11

Why on earth is it strange that they have cut Seagulls for promo tonight after the results?  With a point dropped between their two rivals? What were you expecting to happen under these circumstances?  They drift?

Boro very likely to have wrapped up promotion before the last game of the season v Brighton if they had won at Turf Moor tonight.

Why?  They can go ahead of two teams now rather than one?  They have more outs especially as they play the unlikely out last game in mboro albeit away and a big dog but they still control their own route.   There is no way Brighton are less likely to go up tonight at 10pm than at 7pm given the results. 
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 12:39:05 AM by arbboy » Logged
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 20, 2016, 12:40:43 AM »

Coral 4/6 -> 8/15
VC 4/6 -> 1/2
Ladbrokes Evs -> 8/11

Why?  They can go ahead of two teams now rather than one?  They have more outs especially as they play the unlikely out last game in mboro. 

Because they are much more likely to require 3 wins now.

Boro away on the last game of the season needing to win, when Boro are trying is what, 5/2?

Boro already promoted, Brighton need to win 5/4, maybe 6/4?

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 20, 2016, 12:50:10 AM »

Coral 4/6 -> 8/15
VC 4/6 -> 1/2
Ladbrokes Evs -> 8/11

Why?  They can go ahead of two teams now rather than one?  They have more outs especially as they play the unlikely out last game in mboro. 

Boro away on the last game of the season needing to win, when Boro are trying is what, 5/2?

I know what you are saying but there are 3 games for each team to play not 1!   These teams do get beat.  I have no maths on it but i would be amazed if they are less or equally likely to go up tonight than before tonight.  1 point has just disappeared out of thin air for a start and they have added 4 goals to their GD.
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 20, 2016, 12:58:35 AM »

Burnley winning tonight would have been really bad. Would have been very difficult to go up without 3 wins to end the season. At the very least they would need something from Boro.

If Boro had won tonight, very possible for Brighton to secure promotion before the last game of the season and even if they didn't, likely they would be playing a team on the beach, having already secured promotion rather than one trying for their lives.

Boro win >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Draw >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Burnley win. Is my estimate of what Brighton wanted to happen tonight.

The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 20, 2016, 01:01:58 AM »

Coral 4/6 -> 8/15
VC 4/6 -> 1/2
Ladbrokes Evs -> 8/11

I know what you are saying but there are 3 games for each team to play not 1!   These teams do get beat.  I have no maths on it but i would be amazed if they are less or equally likely to go up tonight than before tonight.  1 point has just disappeared out of thin air for a start and they have added 4 goals to their GD.

Burnley have easily the hardest game (away at Preston - a local derby) of the games apart from Boro v Brighton.

Both Boro and Burnley will be heavy odds on for their other 2 games.

Of course Boro can get beaten, but I think it would be far easier to have to match Burnley's last 3 results, than the situation they are facing now.

rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 20, 2016, 07:46:15 AM »

Funny reading back over the first two pages of this thread. Had some deluded posts! Two Charlton fans who thought they were massively underrated and would 100% never go down, a Bolton fan who fancied them for the playoffs as Lennon was getting a 'war chest' and anthonyl would felt Brighton would be bottom 6! With Chompy's positive prognostications on The Posh and Eso Kral's Walsall wagering woes, I think the old adage of never back your own team certainly holds true!

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 20, 2016, 02:49:32 PM »

Meanwhile Wednesday are crawling over the line to the final play off place.

6 points clear of Cardiff in 7th with 3 games to go. Wednesday play Derby away, Cardiff home and Wolves away.

As long as we don't lose to Cardiff, we should make it.

Logically and on current form we would be big underdogs against any of the teams who may take 3rd place.

A play off position is a big leap forward from where we have been - anything else would be a massive bonus, but think others around us (particularly over 2 legs) will be too strong.
fatcatstu

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 20, 2016, 03:14:41 PM »

Hull are imploding, Derby seem to have hit form at the right time.

Who ever finished 3rd has to be massive favourite for the playoffs, I think it will be Brighton, but it's well and truly up in the air!!!
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 20, 2016, 04:04:06 PM »

Feels like it's got Boro heartbreak written all over it. Lose at home to Brighton on the final day, lose the playoff final to Derby. Will be like Brentford v Doncaster and Yeovil all over again.

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
fatcatstu

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 20, 2016, 05:01:04 PM »

We are made of sterner stuff this season. We have performed in the big games.

That and 7 goals conceded at home all season give me some confidence!
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 20, 2016, 05:13:50 PM »

the team that finishes well clear in third won't go up

seen it too often, such a let down.

winner of derby/hull play off semi goes up

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
fatcatstu

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 20, 2016, 05:33:39 PM »

Would personally find it hilarious if Burnley lose on Friday and win their next game, giving them 87 points and Boro and Brighton go into the last game of the season knowing a draw would be good enough to get both teams promoted.

Pass the ball around the defences for 90 mins and watch Sean Dyche's head explode live on TV.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 20, 2016, 05:35:46 PM »

Whoever comes third will have between a 20 and 30 percent chance of going up. We can't say it won't happen.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 ... 38 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: