blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 02:05:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272716 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Championship chat 2017-18
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 ... 38 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Championship chat 2017-18  (Read 100333 times)
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: April 20, 2016, 05:37:16 PM »

Pretty sure i read somewhere (small sample size of course) but backing the 3rd placed finisher blind was a profitable strategy since the play offs began.  I get the let down spot but it won't be an issue for Brighton anywhere near as much as Mboro.  Brighton have been expecting a play off spot for most of the season.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 20, 2016, 05:39:00 PM »

Would personally find it hilarious if Burnley lose on Friday and win their next game, giving them 87 points and Boro and Brighton go into the last game of the season knowing a draw would be good enough to get both teams promoted.

Pass the ball around the defences for 90 mins and watch Sean Dyche's head explode live on TV.

First odds on 0-0 in English football league history pre game!  The draw would surely go off huge odds on in that situation with so much at stake.  Could you blame either team if they literally passed the ball to each other back and forwards for 90 minutes in the centre circle whilst both sets of fans have a 2 hour party in the sun given the money at stake?
fatcatstu

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 20, 2016, 05:40:32 PM »

Would personally find it hilarious if Burnley lose on Friday and win their next game, giving them 87 points and Boro and Brighton go into the last game of the season knowing a draw would be good enough to get both teams promoted.

Pass the ball around the defences for 90 mins and watch Sean Dyche's head explode live on TV.

First odds on 0-0 in English football league history pre game!  The draw would surely go off huge odds on in that situation with so much at stake.  Could you blame either team if they literally passed the ball to each other back and forwards for 90 minutes in the centre circle whilst both sets of fans have a 2 hour party in the sun given the money at stake?

As a Boro fan I would demand it Smiley

The added bonus of making Dyche cry would be the icing on the cake.
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 20, 2016, 07:53:14 PM »

the team that finishes well clear in third won't go up

seen it too often, such a let down.

winner of derby/hull play off semi goes up

If Wednesday fluked our way through the 2 leg semi, I would quite fancy our chances in a one off big game.

Cant see us beating one of the current top 3 in semis though. Very unlikely.
anthonyl
Old blog:

www.lindfield1984.blogspot.com

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 20, 2016, 08:29:16 PM »

You have a lot of loan players. Do any have to go back before play off semis? In particular pudil or turner ?

RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 20, 2016, 08:49:30 PM »

You have a lot of loan players. Do any have to go back before play off semis? In particular pudil or turner ?

I think they are all eligible to end of play offs.

I'm sure Pudil is Ok. Turner hardly played even when fit.
fatcatstu

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 20, 2016, 09:04:28 PM »

Reports up here George Friend is out for the crest of the season, not good news if true, but we have a decent back up in De Laet.
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 21, 2016, 12:57:02 AM »

Loanees are definitely eligible for the playoffs, Alex Pritchard played for us last year

aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 21, 2016, 03:28:56 AM »

I think out of all the teams I would want Wednesday to draw over 2 legs it would have to be Brighton. Two draws against them and neither to choose between the two. Be good to see a northern play-off final also!

However, we still haven't got past problems we have faced all season and it might cost us in the play-offs. We are simply poor in the first half of most games and we can't do that against good teams. I think the lack of experience our manager shows will end up costing us.
anthonyl
Old blog:

www.lindfield1984.blogspot.com

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 21, 2016, 06:03:33 PM »

I think out of all the teams I would want Wednesday to draw over 2 legs it would have to be Brighton. Two draws against them and neither to choose between the two. Be good to see a northern play-off final also!

However, we still haven't got past problems we have faced all season and it might cost us in the play-offs. We are simply poor in the first half of most games and we can't do that against good teams. I think the lack of experience our manager shows will end up costing us.

Two stalemates.

Sheff Wed and Hull didn't score against us in four attempts this season so I'd be happy with either of them.

RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 21, 2016, 07:59:08 PM »

Aaron,

That view depends on your perspective.

I think we have made big steps forwards this year. We are far from the finished article, but I view this season as a big success, whatever happens in the playoffs.

We are progressing year on year.

So the "past problems we faced all season" are at best a very negative view given we are moving forwards.

Rome wasn't built in a day and both the owner and manager have performed beyond reasonable expectation - unless you are a typical football fan who expects everything right now.

I also disagree about Brighton, I think they would be more dangerous opposition that anyone else right now, they are smashing it currently.
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 22, 2016, 04:16:39 AM »

Aaron,

I think we have made big steps forwards this year. We are far from the finished article, but I view this season as a big success, whatever happens in the playoffs.

So the "past problems we faced all season" are at best a very negative view given we are moving forwards.

Rome wasn't built in a day and both the owner and manager have performed beyond reasonable expectation - unless you are a typical football fan who expects everything right now.

I also disagree about Brighton, I think they would be more dangerous opposition that anyone else right now, they are smashing it currently.

I know we have improved year on year, but I really am very unconvinced by Carlos at the moment.

It's not as if the problem of our first half performance has been the last few games or against certain opposition. Sadly it has been the whole season round where we have had simply not been good enough in the first half of the game. He has had all season to change things and yet we see the same old at game number 43. Another problem we have also seen all season round is conceeding at the most ridic time of the game. We conceed just before half time, just after we score, just after we have player sent off & so on, it has been a season long problem.

I would never look at the chances of a team in the play-offs as having very little chance, but that is how I view ours, unless he really changes things before we play in the play-offs.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 22, 2016, 08:46:16 AM »

Are Fessi and Poodle still doin well for you?  I see poor old Fernando has had about 10 bookings for diving!  I miss him though Sad
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 22, 2016, 01:25:38 PM »

Are Fessi and Poodle still doin well for you?  I see poor old Fernando has had about 10 bookings for diving!  I miss him though Sad

Forestieri is doing particularly well.

Had a tremendous season.

Not getting the breaks at the moment with referees.

There was the Hull game on TV where he got sent off which was one of the worst decisions you'll ever see and on Saturday another yellow for diving when after the game the manager was wondering how he got bruising down his leg from the "dive". Another shocking decision.

He is our talisman, other teams will definitely target him because without him we struggle.
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 22, 2016, 01:31:13 PM »

Aaron,

I know we have improved year on year, but I really am very unconvinced by Carlos at the moment.

It's not as if the problem of our first half performance has been the last few games or against certain opposition. Sadly it has been the whole season round where we have had simply not been good enough in the first half of the game. He has had all season to change things and yet we see the same old at game number 43. Another problem we have also seen all season round is conceeding at the most ridic time of the game. We conceed just before half time, just after we score, just after we have player sent off & so on, it has been a season long problem.

I would never look at the chances of a team in the play-offs as having very little chance, but that is how I view ours, unless he really changes things before we play in the play-offs.

By the end of August we had around 12-14 new players at the club.

To get them to gel quickly was a big ask.

A play off place is over achieving on what we could have realistically expected at the start of the season.

Carlos does sometimes make the odd strange decision, seems to like squad rotation and keep the play very tight in the first half, but we are higher than you or I expected we would be now, so he's done a very good job so far.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 ... 38 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: