blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 11:51:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272715 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Championship chat 2017-18
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 ... 38 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Championship chat 2017-18  (Read 100321 times)
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #315 on: May 17, 2016, 03:15:34 AM »

Wow had 7-8 pints with tango man and his daughter on the vodkas.

We are a better side by a good distance, hull will ruin them in the final but not going to complain. We had a good run and next season we should be champions.

Can't see it against Newcastle/Norwich.  Derby will presumably come again as well.

Agree Brighton's big chance this year in the weakest Championship in years.  Next year will be a lot tougher.

Disagree with this arb

Newcastle will be slightly tougher than Boro. But only slightly.

Norwich and Villa seem slightly inferior to Burnley and Hull to me.

Plus I'm hearing rumours the money might have run out at Derby and they will be weakened next season.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/championship/championship-2016-17/winner

Can't be too careful BFSB.  2/1 Newcastle!

8/1 Villa is worse!

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: May 17, 2016, 03:17:22 AM »

We are a better side by a good distance, hull will ruin them in the final but not going to complain. We had a good run and next season we should be champions.

Can't see it against Newcastle/Norwich.  Derby will presumably come again as well.

Agree Brighton's big chance this year in the weakest Championship in years.  Next year will be a lot tougher.

Disagree with this arb

Newcastle will be slightly tougher than Boro. But only slightly.

Norwich and Villa seem slightly inferior to Burnley and Hull to me.

Plus I'm hearing rumours the money might have run out at Derby and they will be weakened next season.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/championship/championship-2016-17/winner

Can't be too careful BFSB.  2/1 Newcastle!

8/1 Villa is worse!

Would love to play QPR in match bet with any of the other teams at 25/1 except the two they will be paired with by the bookies, Brentford and Fulham!

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: May 17, 2016, 03:27:27 AM »

What price would you back Villa next year at right now?
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: May 17, 2016, 03:35:33 AM »

What price would you back Villa next year at right now?

25s at a minimum.

Need to get rid of about 10 high earners or under achievers.

rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #319 on: May 17, 2016, 06:32:52 AM »

It's funny what both sets of fans see.

Anthony obv coming off a disappointing loss naturally going to have some anger towards Wednesday, says they'll get easily beat by Hull. Hull will be favs but I expect it'll be tight and Wednesday do seem to have a decent resolve.

Aaron coming off a two legged playoff win where everything went right for Wednesday and wrong for Brighton thinks the 15 point gap laughable and Wednesday likely favourites to go up. In reality if the luck was equalised over the two legs I think Brighton win a close affair.

In that first half the Wednesday manager looked clueless as to how to counteract Brighton's threat and if it weren't for that cross going in I think Brighton go on to win the game.

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
anthonyl
Old blog:

www.lindfield1984.blogspot.com

View Profile
« Reply #320 on: May 17, 2016, 06:50:58 AM »

Embargo for Derby by January so will need enough points by then !

fatcatstu

View Profile
« Reply #321 on: May 17, 2016, 10:58:43 AM »

Brighton's lack of experience of high pressure games told at the end of the season. They were poor v boro and poor v sheff we'd.

Unless they figure out how to win against the top teams in the league, they will be playoffs at best next year. Flat track bullies.
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: May 17, 2016, 02:22:38 PM »

Well that was not good for my blood pressure!  we rode our luck but closed the game out well in second half.

Brighton are a very good team and have been unlucky. Tremendous effort in first half.

Very happy though, even if we lose in the final, we have over achieved. I'm expecting nothing so everything a big bonus.

You're kidding yourself.  If Hull do you over in the final you'll be hurting big time..............

I'm sure I'll be very disappointed on the day if we get beat but realistically we shouldn't go up. Hull are definitely favourites but that suits us I think.

Let's see if Hull "ruin" us as Anthony expects. Time will tell.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: May 17, 2016, 02:40:48 PM »

Sheffield Wednesday are 11/8 to go up

Assuming they play Hull, is that interesting or too short?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #324 on: May 17, 2016, 02:55:27 PM »

It's funny what both sets of fans see.

Anthony obv coming off a disappointing loss naturally going to have some anger towards Wednesday, says they'll get easily beat by Hull. Hull will be favs but I expect it'll be tight and Wednesday do seem to have a decent resolve.

Aaron coming off a two legged playoff win where everything went right for Wednesday and wrong for Brighton thinks the 15 point gap laughable and Wednesday likely favourites to go up. In reality if the luck was equalised over the two legs I think Brighton win a close affair.

In that first half the Wednesday manager looked clueless as to how to counteract Brighton's threat and if it weren't for that cross going in I think Brighton go on to win the game.

They did finish 15 points above us, but I'm not sure it means they are a mile ahead of us, as their fans would have liked to think.

We played them 4 times this season, 0-0, 0-0, 2-0 & 1-1. I was more than happy to get them really. I was reading their forum and the have asked who's to blame, yeah they've had a good season, but a certain player hasn't had the best two legs. Stockdale has let in two soft goals and yet no Brighton fan has really asked questions. It was a poor goalkeeping display. Also the left back that played for them last night, was poor.

They also seem to think we are a poor side, they hammered us for 25 minutes, not the whole of the first half. The second half was a poor showing too. Over 4 hands of football, did they deserve it? No. Yet they will call us poor because they had 25 minutes of fantastic chances. The second leg was always going to be a different kind of game, after already being 2-0 up.

I'm not sure about our managers tactics. Was it naivety or genius? We couldn't get out for 25 minutes, but all their pressing told in the second half. Did he think that would be the case? He did bring on Hutchinson, who changed the game, too. Sadly I think CH didn't do too well tactically, the second half was poor.

Have no idea about Hull at Wembley, but they are definitely favourites.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #325 on: May 17, 2016, 02:58:42 PM »

Spot on i would say.  How can they realistically be any shorter than that?  Brighton destroyed them over 2 legs but had no luck in either game and loads of injuries and played with 10 men for half the game.  Brighton could have been 5-0 up after 25 minutes last night.  It isn't pushing the boat out to say that.  Weds got the key away goal which should have been waved off as a obvious foul from a freak cross.  Safe to say they run like god and Brighton run terrible.  Hughton does seem to be the wrong side of variance a lot in his career given he is clearly a very solid manager.

I was hoping they would be shorter than 11/8 and make them a good lay.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 03:08:46 PM by arbboy » Logged
fatcatstu

View Profile
« Reply #326 on: May 17, 2016, 03:03:39 PM »

Hull are a strange team at the minute, they went from a team who didnt concede many, to a team who seem to be shipping a few.

Yes they beat Derby and Rotherham convincingly, but I like Wednesday at the minute, it seems to be falling into place for them. The game is too close to call for me, I dont see Hull smashing them all over.
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #327 on: May 17, 2016, 06:00:47 PM »

Spot on i would say.  How can they realistically be any shorter than that?  Brighton destroyed them over 2 legs but had no luck in either game and loads of injuries and played with 10 men for half the game.  Brighton could have been 5-0 up after 25 minutes last night.  It isn't pushing the boat out to say that.  Weds got the key away goal which should have been waved off as a obvious foul from a freak cross.  Safe to say they run like god and Brighton run terrible.  Hughton does seem to be the wrong side of variance a lot in his career given he is clearly a very solid manager.

I was hoping they would be shorter than 11/8 and make them a good lay.

I agree that 11/8 is about right. We are clearly underdogs.

I disagree about "Brighton destroyed them over 2 legs". To be frank that's total bollocks.

As a Wednesday fan, I feel I have a fairly balanced view of our flaws/weaknesses.

If you watched the game at Hillsborough, we were comfortably on top even when they had 11 men before any injuries, even Anthony admitted that we deserved to win that game (ignoring the injury issues). Brighton set up super defensively and got punished. We were without doubt the better team on the night.

Last night, Brighton were by far the better team, especially in the first 30 minutes. Wednesday killed the game in the second have with an excellent defensive,close the game out performance.

Did we ride our luck? On occasions yes we did, but 30 minutes out of 180 isn't destroying us.

It's great that we are the underdogs. The chairman and manager have quietly gone about their business this season, over performed, and on balanced given the last 20 horrendous years, I think we are perhaps due a bit of luck.

I'll take Hull dominating us in the final and us winning with a fluky own goal off a defenders backside.

anthonyl
Old blog:

www.lindfield1984.blogspot.com

View Profile
« Reply #328 on: May 17, 2016, 09:23:40 PM »

Championship keeps on giving ! Would hate Derby to get promoted.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #329 on: May 17, 2016, 09:40:49 PM »

Championship keeps on giving ! Would hate Derby to get promoted.

Would be awesome if camel is right and the Derby money has run out to see them promoted.  They might sign savage again and finish with 11 points.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 ... 38 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: