blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 05, 2024, 02:59:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272891 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Championship chat 2017-18
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 ... 38 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Championship chat 2017-18  (Read 100665 times)
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #345 on: July 29, 2016, 11:34:57 AM »

came from nowhere? i think Brighton have been in the play offs 3 of the last 4 seasons?

To be fair they did go off amongst the dead men at 33-1 after a wretched 2014/2015.  I also think they are a risk of being back in midtable this season if they lose a couple of players (aren't Burnley sniffing around a few of their guys?)

RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #346 on: July 29, 2016, 11:36:34 AM »

Well last season I predicted us to get relegated, was extremely close. Correctly guessed hypiia was completely clueless.

How's everyone's pre seasons shaping up?

We have probably the weakest squad in the league now. Very bizarre, we have as many  goalkeepers than strikers, and have signed a load of shite this summer, bar Liam rosenoir.

Bottom 6 struggle for us unless we sign a centre back (we only have 2 in the squad, 3 if you count someone promoted from the youth team), a creative midfielder (not a single one in the squad), couple of wingers and a quick nippy striker. Had failed bids for Ben Marshall, a winger in Dutch league and Murphy at Sheffield United.

This was Anthony's view at this time last year about Brighton.

Probably fair to say they over achieved his expectations.

I think Brighton will be top 6 comfortably this year.
anthonyl
Old blog:

www.lindfield1984.blogspot.com

View Profile
« Reply #347 on: July 29, 2016, 03:52:59 PM »

Well last season I predicted us to get relegated, was extremely close. Correctly guessed hypiia was completely clueless.

How's everyone's pre seasons shaping up?

We have probably the weakest squad in the league now. Very bizarre, we have as many  goalkeepers than strikers, and have signed a load of shite this summer, bar Liam rosenoir.

Bottom 6 struggle for us unless we sign a centre back (we only have 2 in the squad, 3 if you count someone promoted from the youth team), a creative midfielder (not a single one in the squad), couple of wingers and a quick nippy striker. Had failed bids for Ben Marshall, a winger in Dutch league and Murphy at Sheffield United.

This was Anthony's view at this time last year about Brighton.

Probably fair to say they over achieved his expectations.

I think Brighton will be top 6 comfortably this year.

And a fair view at that, Hyppia was probably the worst manager I have ever witnessed for us. After we sacked him, he took charge of a top swiss club and got them relegated. He should just give up.

Anyway, we don't really need to sign anyone this summer after bringing in sidwell and murray, just need our two centre backs to return from injury and hold onto our players and maybe bring a prem striker on loan. 3 bids for Stephens, all rejected, 2 bids for Dunk, both rejected and today a bid for Knockaert.

- Stephens bid around 5M, reckon we will let him go for around 6.5M as he has 1 year left
- Dunk bid was around 7M, reckon we will let him go for around 12-14M (keane was 15M and keane is no better)
- Knockaert bid was around 6M today, can't see us budging on anything under 15M. Best attacking midfielder in this division.

Sell one and all will follow.

Problem having the best CB, best CM, best winger in the league.

aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #348 on: July 29, 2016, 08:34:28 PM »

I enjoy it when fans say "we won't sell him for any less", then players says he wants to leave, club sells him for a lot less. Knockhart deffo going
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #349 on: July 30, 2016, 09:56:12 AM »

No Jackett Required by new owners

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11699/10516986/wolves-terminate-contract-of-head-coach-kenny-jackett

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
toddswain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #350 on: July 30, 2016, 10:16:16 AM »

Here's how it goes,

You turn down bid from us.

Knockeart realises Newcastle/Benitez want him, tells club he wants move.

Brighton end up accepting 10m.

Don't worry, will loan u some players next season 😜
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 10:18:02 AM by toddswain » Logged
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #351 on: July 30, 2016, 11:19:27 AM »

Have I read it right that Wolvea are close to buying a single player for 20 million?  Is FFP just ignored now?
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #352 on: July 30, 2016, 06:33:48 PM »

Here's how it goes,

Pretty sure Tony Bloom doesn't care what Newcastle/Rafa Benitez/Anthony Knockaert wants. I could see that scenario happening if you were dealing with a club like Ipswich but Brighton's owner seems like the last man in the division likely to sell an asset for less than their actual value.

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
anthonyl
Old blog:

View Profile
« Reply #353 on: July 30, 2016, 09:18:50 PM »

Here's how it goes,

Pretty sure Tony Bloom doesn't care what Newcastle/Rafa Benitez/Anthony Knockaert wants. I could see that scenario happening if you were dealing with a club like Ipswich but Brighton's owner seems like the last man in the division likely to sell an asset for less than their actual value.

Indeed, we don't need to sell, have the second best team in the division but every player has his price.

We only paid £2m for Knockaert in January. We have plenty of strong wingers for this division, Murphy, skalak, lua lua, March. However knockaert is simply ridiculous, would be very very surprised if he left for a championship side. Newcastle likely to go straight back down too if they go up but money talks.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #354 on: August 02, 2016, 08:28:55 AM »

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #355 on: August 02, 2016, 11:26:22 AM »

Click to see full-size image.

What a strange thing for a club owner at this level to do.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #356 on: August 02, 2016, 12:16:51 PM »

The Villa owner does come across as childish in his tweets.  I'm not fan of Holloway after his run ins with Watford down the year but I don't think you can call him a failed manager really.  Or failed player for that matter.
anthonyl
Old blog:

View Profile
« Reply #357 on: August 02, 2016, 03:07:01 PM »

Local paper and SSN says we are close to clinching Pritchard. Last time a potential signing was in the public news it fell through last minute and Clayton joined Boro.

Fully expecting the same for this, if not, our first 11 is ridicously good.

rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #358 on: August 02, 2016, 04:04:33 PM »

Pritchard is a phenomenal player. Unlucky injury derailed him last season but he was unreal when he played for us (Brentford). If he's 90% of the player he was at GP, he'll still be a top 10 player in the league.

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
fatcatstu

View Profile
« Reply #359 on: August 02, 2016, 04:08:16 PM »

Here's how it goes,

Indeed, we don't need to sell, have the second best team in the division but every player has his price.

We only paid £2m for Knockaert in January. We have plenty of strong wingers for this division, Murphy, skalak, lua lua, March. However knockaert is simply ridiculous, would be very very surprised if he left for a championship side. Newcastle likely to go straight back down too if they go up but money talks.

I wasn't that impressed with Knockaert. Seems like a bit of a show pony, all tricks, but vanished against Boro last game of the season when the pressure was on.

No way is he worth 15m. If you got a 10m bid, you should snap their hands off.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 ... 38 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: