blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 05, 2024, 03:38:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272891 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Championship chat 2017-18
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 ... 38 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Championship chat 2017-18  (Read 100668 times)
toddswain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #375 on: August 05, 2016, 10:40:27 PM »

Championship is frustrating already ha.

Yea we didn't play well, janmaat, Anita, colback, dummett all terrible, and an unusual mistake from lascelles for the goal

Fulham have won their cup final for the season.

Are championship refs not full time ? One absolute stone Waller and another that gets given maybe 8/10.

Ahh well, makes for a more exciting season, roll on Huddersfields cup final next week
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #376 on: August 06, 2016, 12:53:24 AM »

Yea we didn't play well, janmaat, Anita, colback, dummett all terrible, and an unusual mistake from lascelles for the goal

Are championship refs not full time ? One absolute stone Waller and another that gets given maybe 8/10.

Ahh well, makes for a more exciting season, roll on Huddersfields cup final next week

The "cup final" attitude is just a comfort blanket.  You were well beaten tonight.  I remember Derby used to sing "1-0 in your cup final" when they first came down.  8 years later they are still there.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #377 on: August 06, 2016, 12:54:30 AM »

I mean the foul was a clear red card early, last defender, has that rule changed?

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #378 on: August 06, 2016, 12:56:30 AM »

Grant Hanley will be your best signing and by a street

No nonsense knows the division like the back of his hand, tough strong and determined

He's fucking terrible on the ball and any centre half who is poor on the ball is really going to hurt a team that has the lion share of possession. One of biggest mistakes Roy made this summer was not playing Stones against weaker opposition. You need a confident centre back who can stride out of defence with the ball. Hanley just punts it long. Looked very poor. Mbemba streets better.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #379 on: August 06, 2016, 12:58:42 AM »

I agree Newcastle didn't get the rub of the green tonight but I thought overall Fulham looked more dangerous which is a worry.  They had more pace and inventiveness.  A draw was probably fair and the ref was poor.

It would take a brave ref to give a red card for the foul on Perez though.  You need to assume he is nailed on to control it for it to be a clear goal scoring chance?
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #380 on: August 06, 2016, 03:16:43 AM »

Lol Newcastle. Fulham one of the poorest teams in the champ and stroll a 1-0. Turn up and win mentality is going to see them get turned over plenty.

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
anthonyl
Old blog:

www.lindfield1984.blogspot.com

View Profile
« Reply #381 on: August 06, 2016, 09:38:57 AM »

Lol Newcastle. Fulham one of the poorest teams in the champ and stroll a 1-0. Turn up and win mentality is going to see them get turned over plenty.

I'm not sure, Fulham are not that poor. Made some good signings but will miss McCormack.

We played Fulham in a few weeks ago in a friendly and they destroyed us (I know it's only a friendly). Arrogance of Newcastle fans is just embarrassing. As I said before Benitez won't have a clue in this division but if they had Pearson or someone they would stroll it but not with Benitez.

Off to Derby now, shame we only have one centre back fit otherwise I'd be more confident, just glad the football is back.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #382 on: August 06, 2016, 09:41:35 AM »

Championship refs are full time for the first tiem this season

the "this is their cup final" attitude is quite arrogant really and really is a construct to make fans of the big club feel better when they underperform!". the team betrayed some arrogance too, not many leaders on the pitch when it really mattered

that said, on another night two penalties are given a couple of chances are taken and Newcastle win comfortably

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #383 on: August 06, 2016, 12:15:57 PM »

I'm not sure, Fulham are not that poor. Made some good signings but will miss McCormack.

We played Fulham in a few weeks ago in a friendly and they destroyed us (I know it's only a friendly). Arrogance of Newcastle fans is just embarrassing. As I said before Benitez won't have a clue in this division but if they had Pearson or someone they would stroll it but not with Benitez.

Off to Derby now, shame we only have one centre back fit otherwise I'd be more confident, just glad the football is back.

Do you mean the arrogance of most of them on here saying they don't think it's going to be as easy as the media and bookies think ?

Seems pretty harsh as well to say Todds being arrogant here when he's just rinse repeating a line that was said both by a none Newcastle fan on here and again by the media.

Also, it's the 1st game of the season lol, gl trying to get more carried away that we lost one game.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 12:21:45 PM by mondatoo » Logged
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #384 on: August 06, 2016, 12:25:09 PM »

Not so much a bite than a huge chomp!

Welcome to the Championship lads.

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #385 on: August 06, 2016, 12:26:22 PM »

I mean the foul was a clear red card early, last defender, has that rule changed?

It has. Don't know if it affected the foul in question, I didn't see the game.

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/laws/football-11-11/law-12---fouls-and-misconduct.aspx

Q9: Why was the ‘triple punishment’ for denial of an obvious goal-scoring opportunity (DOGSO) offences changed for offences in the penalty area?
The main reason is that the award of a penalty kick effectively ‘restores’ the obvious goal-scoring opportunity that was denied by the foul. It was felt that a penalty, red card and suspension (the three/triple punishment) was too strong so the red card has become a caution (YC) but only for DOGSO offences which are an attempt to play the ball or challenge an opponent for the ball.

Q10: Is every DOGSO offence in the penalty now only a caution (YC)?
NO – the Law has only changed for those DOGSO offences in the penalty area where the offender makes an attempt to play the ball or challenge an opponent for the ball. The sending-off (RC) remains for: handball holding, pulling and pushing (as these offences are not an attempt to play the ball) making no attempt to play the ball e.g. a deliberate trip an offence when there was no chance/possibility of the ball being played.

Q11: Can a DOGSO offence outside the penalty area be punished with a caution (YC)? NO – unlike a penalty kick, a free kick is not an obvious chance to score a goal so it does not ‘restore’ the obvious goal-scoring opportunity that was denied by the offence - the disciplinary sanction for all DOGSO offences outside the penalty area remains a sending-off (RC). Q12: If a player commits a DOGSO offence punished by an indirect free kick (IDFK) in the penalty area what is the disciplinary sanction? The change relating to DOGSO offences is only when the referee awards a penalty kick. This is because the penalty kick effectively restores the lost obvious goal-scoring opportunity. As an IDFK does not restore the lost obvious goal-scoring opportunity, the sanction for any DOGSO offence resulting in an IDFK is a sending-off (RC).
« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 12:27:57 PM by Longines » Logged
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #386 on: August 13, 2016, 05:52:08 PM »

Sounds like Forestieri refused to travel to Norwich for tea time kick off.

Looks like he's had his head turned by Newcastle or Derby.

Disappointing if he leaves but that's modern football.

Players hold all the power.

Hope I'm wrong but think we'll get beat now at Norwich. Very disruptive and Norwich are excellent.
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #387 on: August 13, 2016, 08:34:40 PM »

Sounds like Forestieri refused to travel to Norwich for tea time kick off.

Looks like he's had his head turned by Newcastle or Derby.

Disappointing if he leaves but that's modern football.

Players hold all the power.

Hope I'm wrong but think we'll get beat now at Norwich. Very disruptive and Norwich are excellent.

I'll take that draw, we played very well second half. Could easily have won it.
anthonyl
Old blog:

www.lindfield1984.blogspot.com

View Profile
« Reply #388 on: August 13, 2016, 09:59:17 PM »

What an idiot he is - although Lewis dunk this time last year did the same, refused to travel.

My call on Benitez not having a clue in the champ looks good so far.

We have to win in Tuesday - need to win all home games. Last season took us until February to win our first game by more than a one goal so hopefully no goal difference issues this time round.

Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #389 on: August 13, 2016, 10:34:09 PM »

Fabulous performance by the Reds today to get a fully deserved 2-0 win over Derby.

I think we'll be comfortably mid-table this season, based on the two games so far against teams who were around the play-offs last year.

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 ... 38 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: