blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 05, 2024, 12:50:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272891 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Championship chat 2017-18
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 ... 38 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Championship chat 2017-18  (Read 100655 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #390 on: August 14, 2016, 11:50:48 AM »

after two games

Norwich favs for Championship

Norwich. 11/4
Newcastle. 3/1
Villa.7/1
Brighton. 8/1
Derby. 14/1
Sheff W 14/1
Wolves 16/1
Hudds 25/1

bet365

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #391 on: August 14, 2016, 01:25:51 PM »

At this point it's really hard to judge the relative merits of each team. Brentford fans were doom and gloom last week after losing away to Huddersfield but after a home win against Ipswich and Udders turning over the Geordies away, that result doesn't seem so bad.

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #392 on: August 17, 2016, 10:35:09 AM »

what a player, wish we'd never sold him

10 goals for, 0 goals conceded for Brighton so far

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #393 on: August 17, 2016, 10:42:47 AM »

At this point it's really hard to judge the relative merits of each team. Brentford fans were doom and gloom last week after losing away to Huddersfield but after a home win against Ipswich and Udders turning over the Geordies away, that result doesn't seem so bad.

Absolutely this, & last night's results don't tell us much except that it's too early to draw firm conclusions.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #394 on: August 17, 2016, 10:48:52 AM »

Brighton certainly seem to have added more firepower this season and still rock solid at the back.
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #395 on: August 17, 2016, 01:24:26 PM »

I went to the Amex last night. Was as one sided a game as you'll see in the Championship all season. Brighton looked very, very comfortable and Rotherham looked to have very little threat whatsoever. Wouldn't be surprised if they finished 1st and 24th respectively.

@fairwaywedge
anthonyl
Old blog:

www.lindfield1984.blogspot.com

View Profile
« Reply #396 on: August 17, 2016, 04:34:53 PM »

Brighton certainly seem to have added more firepower this season and still rock solid at the back.

We haven't really added much 'extra' firepower this season. We added Skalak and Knockaert in January. We lost James Wilson and Bobby Zamora and only Murray has come in.

We were best team in the league last year IMO but we had a 6 week period with 6-7 first teamers out injured at the same time which screwed us (didn't happen to Burnley or Boro). I expected we would have a 'hangover' period but with CH in charge, probably why this hasn't happened. If we don't sell Dunk, Knockaert, Stephens, Kayal, in August or Jan, we should finally get top 2 however I predicted 4th at start of season as am factoring in a couple of players to go. Dunk and Knockaert are the best two players in this whole division. Also one of the young talents of the league is back in training who was our best winger up to when he got injured, Solly March - not sure how he can get into our squad when hes back? Stupid loan rule change means he can't even be loaned out for a couple of months.

And rock solid at the back is true but suprising - we have ONE fit centre back (18 year old on the bench and RB at CB) who has played this season, our two other centre backs Goldson and Hunemeier are out injured but Goldson back on bench for Newcastle game. We have played a dodgy Forest and Rotherham side, and a low on confidence Derby side. See how we do away to Reading and Newcastle and then I think we will see how this league will shape up.

Huddersfield are the suprise package for me - 3 tough games against 3 good sides and unbeaten.

We are after a number 10 but not many around, would love us to sign the Brentford guy in Jan but your chairman won't do any dealings with Bloom sadly.

rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #397 on: August 17, 2016, 07:18:20 PM »

I'm not sure how well Judge and Knockaert would combine to be honest. They fill a lot of the same spaces and both like to drift in from wide. I think if the price was right, Benham would do business with Bloom. Money matters at GP until we get the new ground and he doesn't strike me as stubborn enough to hold onto an asset purely for spite. That said, if Brentford were top 6, he might just play it out and hope for the best as per the Stephens and Kayal situation.

@fairwaywedge
anthonyl
Old blog:

View Profile
« Reply #398 on: August 17, 2016, 09:44:05 PM »

Fair enough.

You have a chance of top 6 top 6 too IMO. New manager over preseason has huge benefits.

NoCardDSC

View Profile
« Reply #399 on: August 18, 2016, 12:32:00 PM »

Mario Balotelli now a 5/2 fav to go to Wolves before the transfer deadline. Quite incredible.
anthonyl
Old blog:

View Profile
« Reply #400 on: August 26, 2016, 10:07:16 AM »

Closing in on Duffy, very odd considering he will cost over 4M. Rather we just kept our squad somehow and signed a number 10 style player.

Must mean one of Goldson or Dunk is off. We do only have three centre backs at the moment, others are under age of 20.

anthonyl
Old blog:

View Profile
« Reply #401 on: August 26, 2016, 02:16:11 PM »

Closing in on Duffy, very odd considering he will cost over 4M. Rather we just kept our squad somehow and signed a number 10 style player.

Must mean one of Goldson or Dunk is off. We do only have three centre backs at the moment, others are under age of 20.

Signed now, if we can keep Dunk, we have 3 seriously good goal scoring centre backs.

rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #402 on: August 26, 2016, 03:21:49 PM »

Signed now, if we can keep Dunk, we have 3 seriously good goal scoring centre backs.

Haha, nicely played

@fairwaywedge
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #403 on: October 16, 2016, 09:06:34 PM »

Big win for Wednesday earlier today.

Huddersfield look a good side, we contained them well.

Gets us in the mix after a quiet start to season where we haven't really got going.

We could give some teams a real spanking when it clicks. In mean time we are grinding out results.
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #404 on: October 24, 2016, 05:38:23 AM »

Newcastle already won the league. Potentially a decent race on for second with Norwich & Brighton, hoping Wednesday are in that battle too, but can't see it and I'm amazed we are 5th so far, after some very "meh" performances.

I think the top 4 look extremely likely to be Newcastle, Norwich, Brighton & Wednesday. I'm disappointed we aren't looking better than Brighton after spending more than them. Not sure where other two play-off places will go? Huddersfield will drop out of it, but not sure if the problems at Villa & Derby will affect both teams' promotion bid.

Leeds, Bristol City might be around
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 ... 38 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: