blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 12:26:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272715 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Championship chat 2017-18
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 ... 38 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Championship chat 2017-18  (Read 100323 times)
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #405 on: December 08, 2016, 07:04:06 PM »

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38251262?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_match_of_the_day&ns_source=facebook&ns_linkname=sport

Big loss
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #406 on: December 08, 2016, 07:16:23 PM »

Bloom kept it together for another season rather than sell players

1 point off the top the financial "gamble" has a fair chance of coming off for him

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #407 on: December 08, 2016, 07:47:08 PM »

1 point off the top the financial "gamble" has a fair chance of coming off for him

I think you can accumulate up to £39m in losses over 3 years from 15/16 under rules?
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #408 on: December 08, 2016, 07:48:37 PM »

I think you can accumulate up to £39m in losses over 3 years from 15/16 under rules?

sounds familiar. so logically its promotion this year or sell next year

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #409 on: December 09, 2016, 12:05:49 AM »

sounds familiar. so logically its promotion this year or sell next year

Looks that way. All works fine when you go up.

I guess if 5/6/7 other ambitious clubs play the same game (the ones that don't have parachute payments) then some blood going to get spilt, if penalties are actually going to be applied.
anthonyl
Old blog:

www.lindfield1984.blogspot.com

View Profile
« Reply #410 on: December 09, 2016, 08:31:11 AM »

We complied with FFP. Rejected bids for around £25 total for dunk, knockaert and Stephens.

They will be gone in the summer if we don't make it this season.

we have a very good chance of promotion this year, a lot of games to go though but for me it's only between Newcastle, Brighton, Leeds, Norwich, shef wed, Derby, Fulham, villa for the top 2. Reading and Birmingham not good enough and if Fulham or villa make it the points total will be far lower than last season.

We are not playing well these last three games though, but couple more players now back from injury (Lua Lua, Towell) and kayal and rosenoir back by end of December too.

vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #411 on: December 09, 2016, 10:08:00 AM »

Probs gonna have to spend money in January. Brighton gone soft every season when the pressure is on.
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #412 on: December 09, 2016, 11:39:19 AM »

Probs gonna have to spend money in January. Brighton gone soft every season when the pressure is on.

I'm not sure that is true. Last season they were unbeaten in their last 20 and won 8 of 10 in run in. Would have been promoted with their points total in 19 of the last 20 seasons. Not exactly soft.

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
anthonyl
Old blog:

View Profile
« Reply #413 on: December 09, 2016, 11:51:26 PM »

13 clean sheets in 20. What's the all time record ? Soft.

aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #414 on: December 10, 2016, 12:44:35 AM »

I'm not sure that Brighton have any competition for the top two. You'll finish behind Newcastle, but all the teams behind really don't look capable. I thought we might have a squeak, but our manager seems to make a clueless clanger too often! Reading won't get too two, lucky to be top 6 and Leeds will be nowhere near. They'll drop away.

Newcastle
Brighton

Wednesday, Villa, Derby & Norwich in any order for play offs
exstream

View Profile
« Reply #415 on: December 10, 2016, 12:47:22 AM »

No way do Brighton not get promoted this season
anthonyl
Old blog:

View Profile
« Reply #416 on: December 13, 2016, 11:23:49 PM »

7 defeats in the last 68 league games. Some record considering everyone beats each other in this league.

Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #417 on: December 14, 2016, 10:53:33 AM »

Went to Leeds v Reading last night. What a pathetic side Reading are. How are they 3rd in the division.

I'd be astounded if Newcastle/Brighton don't finish top 2 from what I've seen in the last few weeks. It should be a 1/5 shot for the dual forecast, the 1/2 with Skybet is probably a bet. Such a gulf in quality between the top 2 and the rest. Brighton have gambled and its paid off and having 2 of the very best centre backs in the league helps.

But back to Reading last night, I don't get it? They played like I play on fifa vs my mates to wind them up when i'm winning. But they were losing!. Passing it round the back for minutes on end, taking 2 minutes to take a corner when 1-0 down, if this is Jaap Stam's total football then he can take it back to Holland for me, I didn't get it. They had 76% posession but wouldn't have scored if they were still playing now.

I like Leeds this season, I'm happy with the team for probably the first time since 2009. We have some top quality championship players (Jansson, Bartley, Pablo Hernandez, Chris Wood) and Haidi Sacko is the only really good black winger we've had in about 10 years and lord knows we've given enough of them a chance. Hes rapid but does have end product. The problem, as it often it for us, 4 of the 5 players I've named there are on loan!

We're so solid at the back now aswell, I can't believe Kyle Bartley doesn't get a game at Swansea ahead of Jordi Amat, hes been faultless all season.

So its Brighton and Newcastle up for me then any of Leeds, Sheff Wed, Norwich, Derby, Aston Villa for the 4 playoff spots. I suspect when all is said and done Norwich and Derby will defo be in there.

I'm reserving judgement for now on Reading (after last night), Huddersfield, Birmingham and Fulham for now. I have some doubts about them lasting the course.

Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #418 on: December 14, 2016, 11:15:10 AM »

This night belong to Jaap Stam’s Travelling Circus of Hypnosis and Mystery, eleven men’s attempt to lift the famous gypsy curse from Elland Road will their bedevilling voodoo football. From the ten minute mark, when Reading settled into the game, to the last minute, the awed crowds cried the same question aloud, over and over: What the hell are they doing?

‘Get a tackle in Leeds!’ yelled a frustrated voice in the Kop as Reading stroked the ball back and forth; but there was really no point, and the crowd soon cracked on to the game. Even before Chris Wood gave United the lead — he wellied a loose ball into the roof of the net, if you’re interested — Reading’s passes were already inspiring half-hearted olés from the South Stand. By the midway point of the second half, it was full on raucous laughter.

Even if Reading play like this every week, they won’t have had a more appreciative audience for their efforts. Every pass of every aimless, impotent, thirty-pass move, that took Reading ten yards forwards and back again, was oléd as if it was Revie’s Leeds themselves playing cruel keepball. A typical Reading ploy, moving the ball from inside Leeds’ half, via a dozen or so passes, back to their keeper, was cheered upon successful completion like a goal for United.

When Al Habsi, his options disappearing rapidly as Leeds marked his back four, eventually, after much indecisive to-ing and fro-ing, shanked the ball virtually onto Jaap Stam’s head, it felt like the roof was coming off. My personal highlight was when the left-back received the ball in Leeds’ half, deftly turned past Charlie Taylor and Stuart Dallas, then raced twenty-five yards along the wing back towards his own goal and passed to Al-Habsi. It was probably Reading’s best attack of the night.

Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #419 on: December 14, 2016, 02:35:52 PM »

Gary Rowett has been relived of his duties as manager of Birmingham  Shocked
« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 02:47:38 PM by Horneris » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 ... 38 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: