blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:21:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Championship chat 2017-18
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 ... 38 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Championship chat 2017-18  (Read 99097 times)
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #435 on: December 27, 2016, 03:07:33 PM »

Big result for Wednesday there.

For all their quality I thought Newcastle were disappointing. Constantly more concerned with getting free kicks.

And Ritchie's double dive in the penalty area was shambolic. How the fook do the officials not see that and book him?

Sheff wed were the better team, looked more dangerous and had the better chances. sheff wed were a bit negative with loads of unnecessary fouls especially on gayle nowhere near goal and it made the game a bit boring, especially as newcastle were gifting the ball if you just wait. Surprised they have a bad record against better teams as they look so dangerous on the break (we were lucky they had the mackem reject). Dont know why teams dont have more of a go at newcastle as they are wide open with one pass. Both keepers did their reps the world of good.

Not seen a lot of Newcastle but logically with the quality of your players, I would expect you to score more than you concede in an open attacking game.

The option of keeping things tight, frustrating you and hitting you on the break looks a sensible strategy as most teams just can't match you player for player.
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #436 on: December 27, 2016, 09:00:23 PM »

I said it last week that I can see Wednesday struggling against Rotherham & beating Newcastle. It's just a shame that dodgy tactics previously have cost us any chance of the top two.
anthonyl
Old blog:

www.lindfield1984.blogspot.com

View Profile
« Reply #437 on: January 02, 2017, 11:38:36 PM »

Another lucky win. We're very similar to burnley last year grinding out points but we have a little more flair than they did.

Fulham will win the league next season. Extremely good side.

Be interesting to see if any bids come in for any of our players, dunk is £17-20m IMO. Ridiculous how he's still not left us!

If we can somehow beat Preston away, would put us in good shape ahead of sheff w, newcastle (maybe rearranged) and Huddersfield games in the next month. We are 12/22 wins away from going up.

bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #438 on: January 20, 2017, 03:17:23 PM »

Can't remember if there are any Huddersfield fans on here?

Terriers have just got striker Collin Quaner from Union Berlin. He was on fire at the beginning of the German second division season before having a few niggling injuries. He is raw but I think he could do very well in the Championship.

Union have just got Seb Polter back from QPR. He never really seemed to make it work at Loftus Road? I think he is an excellent player and glad to have him back in Berlin...
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #439 on: January 20, 2017, 04:11:24 PM »

Big game tonight, Brighton v Wednesday.

As a Wednesday fan, I would take a draw. Even though we have only conceded one goal in last seven games I fear the worst.

anthonyl
Old blog:

View Profile
« Reply #440 on: January 20, 2017, 10:53:16 PM »

Incredible win. Wednesday are disgraceful. Hutchinson should been straight red at end, trying to ruin his career.

No strikers but we go marching on. Hopefully Bruno and baldock are back for the next game in hand v Cardiff at home.

aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #441 on: January 21, 2017, 04:23:20 AM »

Incredible win. Wednesday are disgraceful. Hutchinson should been straight red at end, trying to ruin his career.

No strikers but we go marching on. Hopefully Bruno and baldock are back for the next game in hand v Cardiff at home.

Wow - disgraceful a bit harsh coming from a Brighton fan. You must forget the first half injury to be Hunt in the first half, that was an awful tackle. Not to mention the Elbow on Fletcher, who didn't handle it well

You're going up, but don't cold out with laughable bullshit
anthonyl
Old blog:

View Profile
« Reply #442 on: January 21, 2017, 08:10:33 AM »

Wow - disgraceful a bit harsh coming from a Brighton fan. You must forget the first half injury to be Hunt in the first half, that was an awful tackle. Not to mention the Elbow on Fletcher, who didn't handle it well

You're going up, but don't cold out with laughable bullshit

Lol, awful tackle? It wasn't even a free kick, won the ball fair and not recklessly.

Not seen a player as dirty as Hutchinson for a while completely tried to swipe out our player intentionally for the first goal too. Dis grace, would expect more from a player whose had rough time with injuries.

RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #443 on: January 21, 2017, 09:18:37 AM »

"Wednesday are disgraceful"

The only disgrace is us not winning the game after your red card.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 09:20:13 AM by RickBFA » Logged
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #444 on: January 21, 2017, 09:23:07 AM »

Got to agree with anthony. The Hutchinson tackle was an absolute disgrace.

Really good game though. Reach and Winall were very good for Wednesday. But Brighton were absolutely different class until the penalty. Should have been 2 or 3 up.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #445 on: January 21, 2017, 09:26:53 AM »

Hutchinson has been our player of the season, he is an old fashioned no nonsense tackler.

The idea he is trying to end players careers is ridiculous.

Calling Wednesday a disgrace is laughable. We are probably one of the softest teams in the league in physical terms.

I think Anthony was a little emotional last night.
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #446 on: January 21, 2017, 10:50:30 AM »

I was at the game last night. Atmosphere was a bit subdued first half but Brighton were comfortably the better side and Wednesday's goal was really their first threatening moment in the game. In the second half Wednesday upped their game pre penalty incident and really should have stuck one of their chances away but Pocognoli produced two sublime crosses from Brighton in the break, the second of which got the finishing touch it deserved.

Stuart Atwell did his best to make the game about him after half time as always but Brighton/Wednesday is a fixture with a bit of bad blood in it nowadays and you could see it boiling over at soon as the Brighton winner went in. It was inevitable there'd be another sending off at that point.

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
anthonyl
Old blog:

View Profile
« Reply #447 on: January 21, 2017, 12:31:30 PM »

Hutchinson has been our player of the season, he is an old fashioned no nonsense tackler.

Calling Wednesday a disgrace is laughable. We are probably one of the softest teams in the league in physical terms.

Sorry but all 3 of them challenges were wreckless. Five red cards and 35 yellows over 80ish games sums him up. Disgrace was meant for him not for the rest of the team, I don't mind Wednesday, much rather them get promoted over Leeds, derby and reading.

Atmosphere is a bit indeed a little poor at the Amex most of the time but when it gets going the atmosphere carries very well around the stadium.

RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #448 on: January 21, 2017, 12:57:20 PM »

Sorry but all 3 of them challenges were wreckless. Five red cards and 35 yellows over 80ish games sums him up. Disgrace was meant for him not for the rest of the team, I don't mind Wednesday, much rather them get promoted over Leeds, derby and reading.

Atmosphere is a bit indeed a little poor at the Amex most of the time but when it gets going the atmosphere carries very well around the stadium.

It's the nature of his aggressive tackling style that he will get more bookings/sending offs than any other player in our team.

I've watched Wednesday for a long, long time and in the last 16 years I've seen us roll over and be soft touches more times than I care to remember. Its embarrassing how many teams have bullied us out of games. Its refreshing to have at least one player in Hutchinson who mixes things up, gives 110% when other are coasting.

Hutchinson would have played for Chelsea in Premier League if it wasn't for his knees. He is a top quality player.

Good luck to Brighton by the way, you deserve to go up.
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #449 on: February 15, 2017, 07:53:48 PM »

Another 3 points for Wednesday, but once again, it wasn't pretty on the eye. I think we are the most fortunate team in the league this season, having played so average all season and still sit in the top 6 and could finish anywhere from 3rd-6th. I've looked at recent games and can see how fortunate we have been.

Rotherham (H) - A last minute penalty won us the game we didn't deserve to win.

Wolves (H) - Bore draw.

PNE (A) - A last minute equaliser.

Wigan (A) - 1-0 won, borefest, could have drawn it.

Birmingham (H) - A 3-0 win, but 100% not justified.

Blackburn (H) 2-1 win, another average performace.

I am not sure how what you can read into that.

I can't see much changing in the top 6. I think Newcastle & Brighton will stay in the top 2 and the teams in the play-offs as of now, will stay there. Thankfully even though we are playing very average, the other teams in the top 6 aren't great either.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 ... 38 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: