blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 02:47:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272595 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Beer and clothing in Las Vegas: a brief photo diary
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Beer and clothing in Las Vegas: a brief photo diary  (Read 22164 times)
The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 02, 2015, 11:38:20 PM »

Zelly...lovely to see you posting. Hope you had a great trip.

Mrs RED-DOG

Don't make me beg dahling...

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 03, 2015, 10:09:44 AM »

Zelly...lovely to see you posting. Hope you had a great trip.

Yes I did thanks it was really lovely, had good company, loads of laughs, great weather, loved it - missed Tom though 'cos every where we went, me and Tom had been before, so it made me miss him more!

Sorry to hear that Reece is not too good, how is he now?

Hope everything is OK with you and your'n

Give my love to Darren

Zelley xx
Redsgirl

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 03, 2015, 10:12:17 PM »

We didn't get back from our trip 'til 1:00am the next morning, partly because I'd mentioned to the guide earlier the day that I'd aways been envious of those incredible night skies they have which I'd only ever seen on the telly, so on the way home she pulled up on a little lay-by in a remote part of the desert, and after shining the van headlights up and down to check for Rattlers snoozing on the hot tarmac, she switched of the lights and we all piled out to gaze up at the heavens. (all except Roger and Michelle, they had their own big skies back in Indiana.)
It was wonderful, we all stood their oohing and aahing, trying to find the usual constellations amongst the billions of other stars crowding the sky.  If you stared in one spot for a minute more and more stars appeared as your eyes adjusted, until there was almost no black left between them.
Trayce pointed out the Milky Way, which I'd always thought could only be seen through a telescope, but there it was, like a smudged fingerprint on a glossy photograph.

Out of the corner of my eye I noticed Sadie had wandered to the furthest edge of the car park, all the time looking up at the phone screen she had held in the air as she vainly tried to take photos of the sky.
'You're very brave Sadie' I called, 'Not bothered about the Rattlesnakes anymore then?'

I very much doubt Usain Bolt could have got back to that van quicker than Sadie did.

'Silly woman! why did she let us out in the dark to face certain deff?'
'She spent ten minutes checking the road and warning us before we got out Sadie'
'Yeah well I was checkin me Facebook so I wasn't listening'

I wonder if I'm causing some kind of horrible butterfly effect somewhere by keep interfering in this natural selection malarkey?

If a man speaks in a forest and no woman is there to hear him, is he still wrong?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 03, 2015, 10:26:28 PM »

Wonderful wordage, love it, thank you.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 03, 2015, 10:27:13 PM »

This is an excellent diary.
I have very much enjoyed reading it.
It makes a very refreshing change from the meanderings of old men.

I refer you to Arkell v Pressdram.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
The_nun

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 03, 2015, 10:28:45 PM »

Not sure why but this road trip part reminds me of were the millers. Maybe its wondering when Rodger and Michelle are going to pounce.

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: July 03, 2015, 10:29:27 PM »

Trayce pointed out the Milky Way, which I'd always thought could only be seen through a telescope, but there it was, like a smudged fingerprint on a glossy photograph.

Excellent!

The older I get, the better I was.
Redsgirl

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 03, 2015, 10:50:11 PM »

Day four was a bit more of a typical girly day to be honest with not really anything particularly interesting to report, we had a leisurely brekky, spent a few an hour round the pool trying to sunbathe which was nigh on impossible as it was so hot your it made your heart race and your head feel like it was going to explode within ten minutes of being in the sunlight.
It took us 'til that day to realise that it wasn't usually that hot over there, after the thunder storm on the first day the temperature had just rose daily, until they were in the grip of their hottest spell in 22 years. The temperature peaked that week at 117c, which matched Vegas's highest ever recorded.

This didn't bother our Patsy and Eddie though, as they just kept well hydrated with Miller Lite and stayed neck deep in the pool.

We followed this up by spending far to long getting dressed up to go and spend far to much money in the mall, and then rounding the evening off by seeing Gordy Brown, as I mentioned previously.
So, not much to tell but very much fun to do.  Grin

If a man speaks in a forest and no woman is there to hear him, is he still wrong?
The_nun

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 03, 2015, 10:58:34 PM »

Where did you all get your energy from. I am knackered reading it.

Redsgirl

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 03, 2015, 11:15:09 PM »

Not sure why but this road trip part reminds me of were the millers. Maybe its wondering when Rodger and Michelle are going to pounce.

Maureen!
I saw that film on the plane on the way out, it was the edited version and I still blushed!

Roger and Michelle didn't have a pounce in them to be honest, maybe a stagger and a lunge, but not a pounce.

Any how if Roger and Michelle are the swingers in your imagination, where are you getting the stripper, the imbecile, the emo teen and the dropout? 

Redsgirl

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 08, 2015, 01:31:47 AM »

Something I haven't really touched on yet is how great I found the people in Vegas.
They were friendly, chatty, falling over themselves to help you, it was like everyone was here for a good time and to make sure everyone else was having one too!
I expected all the people who work for tips to be uber polite and attentive, but even strangers on the bus or in the lift would chip into your conversation if they thought they could impart some usefull information. (I loved the fact that folk over there aren't shy about butting in, it's something I often do when out and about but people in the UK generally look at me like I'm insane then walk away. I once emptied half a carriage on the tube just by looking at people and smiling)

In fact, the only people who were unhelpful or rude apart from a policeman and a particularly arsey barman were bus drivers. My God, they were mean. It was almost like it's part of the job requirements. They refused to tell you where to get on or off, they drove away if you didn't board the bus within four seconds, happily closing the doors right in the faces of the unfortunate dawdlers and glaring at you while you swiped your ticket in a way that made you so nervous your fingers didn't work and once you were on, heaven help you if you put a foot out of line.
'FIND A SEAT IMMEDIATLEY OR GET OFF AT THE NEXT STOP!' 'WHO'S PLAYING MUSIC ON MY BUS? AINT NOBODY WANT TO HEAR THAT SON, SWITCH OFF OR GET OFF!'
Every journey was an adventure in itself.

Another thing that we couldn't quite believe happened in real life as it's such a stereotype is people high five you all the time! Random passers by mostly, for no discernible reason.  Cheesy
Bridie was the first recipient in the hotel lobby before we had even checked in, we all laughed and she looked awkward, but after a few days it was happening often enough for us to be nonchalantly slapping palms with strangers without even breaking stride.

On two occasions things didn't quite go as smoothly though, one day whilst strolling down the strip a bronzed Adonis in a rather fetching 'Suns out Guns out' vest high fived Sadie then me as we passed by him.
Mother, never one to pass up even the briefest of contact with the opposite sex saw this and came scurrying forward with her little arm aloft, but the beefcake failed to notice her and turned to walk away, only for mama to give him a resounding slap between his slightly sunburnt shoulders.
Poor bloke was none to impressed, but he knows who to come to if he's ever choking.

The other time was when we went to see The Divas, who were simply fabulous by the way and had all the Vegas glitz and glamour that Elvis had failed to deliver. Plus all the money from the memorabilia they sell goes to a charity for sick children , they must donate thousands of dollars every month. I was very impressed.
Anyway we had ended up sat right at the front again and the dude being a very believable and energetic Pink bounced over during her song and held her hand down towards me. I forgot where I was for a moment and stuck mine out to grab hers for a nice firm British handshake.
What happened then was my hand flailed up and down and hers flailed side to side, and never the twain shall meet.
After a few embarrassing seconds, just long enough for the rest of the room to laugh and her to give me a withering look, she mercifully moved on to complete what she had been trying to do, which was run along the front row giving everyone five. 

I've kind of missed this little gesture of exuberance since I've been home though, I might try it out down Leicester market, see how it goes down.

Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 08, 2015, 09:37:30 AM »

Arsey barmen are quite hard to find.  I've seen a lot of rowdy behaviour tolerated/overlooked, the only time I've seen a barmen get arsey is when a group of people are ordering drinks and not tipping, or not tipping enough for the amount of work he is having to do (in their mind) to look after the group.

As for the random hi-5s, I'm sure plenty of others that have enjoyed reading your diary have sniggered and not told you, which I think is a bit mean of them tbh.  It is a LV tradition to randomly hi-5 a group of women when one of the group is inadvertently displaying a bit of underboob.

Redsgirl

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 08, 2015, 10:50:57 AM »

Arsey barmen are quite hard to find.  I've seen a lot of rowdy behaviour tolerated/overlooked, the only time I've seen a barmen get arsey is when a group of people are ordering drinks and not tipping, or not tipping enough for the amount of work he is having to do (in their mind) to look after the group.

As for the random hi-5s, I'm sure plenty of others that have enjoyed reading your diary have sniggered and not told you, which I think is a bit mean of them tbh.  It is a LV tradition to randomly hi-5 a group of women when one of the group is inadvertently displaying a bit of underboob.

That is hilarious!  But, not applicable on this case, there must of  been some other reason but not boob related.
Remember this was EDC weekend too,  we were like dressed like nuns compared to ninety percent of the women there, we saw one girl hailing a cab who had no top on at all!
No, I'm convinced it was my penchant for large hats that attracted attention, and I won't be told otherwise :-)

As for the arsey barman, that was at the show bar in the Nugget. We had been given a voucher with our ticket for a free beer, wine or cocktail.
We all went to the bar separately or in pairs and made the mistake of asking for a cocktail, and all unbeknownst to the others very gruffly told no, beer or liquor only.
When Sadie and I went up and was refused a cocktail she asked what she could have as she couldn't drink straight spirits, so he said  'you can have whatever you want, ma'am'
 She said ok  I'll have brandy and redbull.
'You can't have that'
'What can I have then?'
'Whatever you want,  ma'am' with a smirk.
This didn't go down well with the rather fiery Sadie,  and she told him so.
We went back into the show room without discussing this with the others and therefore not warning poor Bridie who had gone up after and politely asked for a cosmopolitan :-)
He actually shouted no at her and slammed a sign down on the bar with the drinks list on it and then said 'Can you even read? '
She was obviously bewildered and upset by this so asked for his name and to speak to his manager, to which he picked up a phone and pretended to call security to have her removed!
She was all but in tears by this point and had no idea what was going on so came back to us, but the show was starting so we just left it at that and went to speak to the maitre de straight after.
He knew exactly who the barman was even though we didn't get his name, and after giving us a fifty dollar tab for each room and offering us more tickets he assured he would be dealt with immediately,  which gave us the impression it wasn't the first time he had caused a problem.
 GG arsey barman.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 10:52:44 AM by Redsgirl » Logged

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 08, 2015, 11:00:11 AM »

I was in a cab last week and the cabbie had only been working as a cabbie for the last month, so EDC was her second weekend in the job.

She told me this great story where she picked up two kids who were in luminous undress. They were spaced out but just able to confirm they were going back to MGM. Great, she thought. She drives them back to MGM, with them having slept soundly for the duration of the journey.

"Here we are, folks. MGM"

"No. We're not in this MGM"

"What do you mean?"

"We're in the MGM in the jungle"

"Errr...what?"

"Yeah. The MGM with the lions and the jungle"

"Mirage?"

"No. MGM. Let your imagination take you"

"Get out of my cab"

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
The_nun

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 08, 2015, 01:16:57 PM »

Brilliant. X

Tal, can you explain your post tho, it has whooshed me completely.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: