blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:27:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  People you have an irrational dislike of
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: People you have an irrational dislike of  (Read 13012 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2015, 02:04:56 AM »

Americans  ☺

That's a good one.

Too helpful, too nice, too chatty, too attentive...

They seem to me, on the whole, to be lovely people, with a level of Customer Care I've rarely seen in Europe.

Every morning I go into Starby's, & it's "good morning Tony, your usual, how' did yesterday go?"

At poker tables, every time there is a dealer push, they say "hi" to all of us, & "good luck, let's play poker". Just little touches, & part of their job brief, but they do it so well.

Everywhere I've visited, including non-poker, the people have been attentive, caring & friendly.

When I first visited the Vegas, I was in Team Group Think, "Americans are all dumbschmucks". Once I learned to think for myself - harder than it seems - instead of following the social-media herd, I realised the truth.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 02:08:03 AM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Waz1892

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2015, 09:20:51 AM »

Americans  ☺

That's a good one.

They seem to me, on the whole, to be lovely people, with a level of Customer Care I've rarely seen in Europe.

Every morning I go into Starby's, & it's "good morning Tony, your usual, how' did yesterday go?"

At poker tables, every time there is a dealer push, they say "hi" to all of us, & "good luck, let's play poker". Just little touches, & part of their job brief, but they do it so well.

Everywhere I've visited, including non-poker, the people have been attentive, caring & friendly.

When I first visited the Vegas, I was in Team Group Think, "Americans are all dumbschmucks". Once I learned to think for myself - harder than it seems - instead of following the social-media herd, I realised the truth.

Americans in customer service roles vs Americans in non-customer service roles maybe this could be argued?

Carpe Diem
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2015, 10:20:28 AM »

I met some American teenage boys in a small town store in Oklahoma. They called me Sir during our conversation and one of them opened the door for me when I left.

That was over twenty years ago but I never forgot them. I was much impressed.

The older I get, the better I was.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2015, 10:23:03 AM »

I notice that Mantis hasn't posted about his irrational dislike of Brad.

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2015, 11:41:56 AM »

Americans  ☺

That's a good one.

That's why it's irrational Tony. Why does being too nice, too friendly, too chatty work against them in my eyes?! Can't think of many other irrational dislikes.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2015, 11:54:09 AM »

Judd Trump.  He's never done anything to annoy me, and he is great to watch.  For some reason his face just throws me into a bit of a rage.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2015, 12:09:27 PM »

Judd Trump.  He's never done anything to annoy me, and he is great to watch.  For some reason his face just throws me into a bit of a rage.

Never used to like him, but actually quite like him now he seems to have grown up a bit.

Wish he'd shave that scratty attempt at a beard off his boat though!

sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2015, 01:11:28 PM »

I notice that Mantis hasn't posted about his irrational dislike of Brad.

A++

In the category of Funniest Poster I nominate sovietsong. - mantis 21/12/2012
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2015, 01:43:31 PM »

Americans  ☺

That's a good one.

I never get it out of my mind they are only being polite and helpful because they are angling for tips.

Which I find cynical in the extreme.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2015, 02:11:34 PM »

Americans  ☺

That's a good one.

I never get it out of my mind they are only being polite and helpful because they are angling for tips.

As you are a master of the art I will defer to your view on this.

My own view till now was that they would just be doing their job for which a part of their renumeration comes from patrons who recognise good service.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2015, 02:57:48 PM »

Americans  ☺

That's a good one.

I'm not sure if you're saying it's the Americans or you view of them that is cynical in the extreme....

The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2015, 03:31:57 PM »

It's getting a bit boring that you two troll me so relentlessly.

It's pretty obvious lots of my opinions annoy you and I'm not going to change the person I am just to please you.

So probably best if you just ignore me.

Then everyone will be happy. Deal?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 03:33:43 PM by The Camel » Logged

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2015, 03:58:05 PM »

It's pretty obvious lots of my opinions annoy you and I'm not going to change the person I am just to please you.

Our opinions do differ often Keith, but I can't believe that you actually think I'm trolling you. 

Look how often your opinion differs from others, you always post what you think, and I'm sure you wouldn't expect that to be labeled  trolling.

I genuinely thought our often opposing posts were just banter. (that's how I saw them anyway).

As for the future, I have absolutely no intention of ignoring you, or of not posting my opinion if it happens to differ from yours. You on the other hand, are free to ignore me if you want to, but I sincerely hope you don't.

The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2015, 04:10:43 PM »

Our opinions do differ often Keith, but I can't believe that you actually think I'm trolling you. 

Look how often your opinion differs from others, you always post what you think, and I'm sure you wouldn't expect that to be labeled  trolling.

I genuinely thought our often opposing posts were just banter. (that's how I saw them anyway).

As for the future, I have absolutely no intention of ignoring you, or of not posting my opinion if it happens to differ from yours. You on the other hand, are free to ignore me if you want to, but I sincerely hope you don't.

Your post was the virtual definition of a trolling comment.

Disagreeing with someone and being critical of an opinion is fine.

Being critical of someone for holding an opinion isn't.

Might sound like splitting hairs, but it really isn't.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2015, 04:22:02 PM »

Your post was the virtual definition of a trolling comment.

Disagreeing with someone and being critical of an opinion is fine.

Being critical of someone for holding an opinion isn't.

Might sound like splitting hairs, but it really isn't.

What do others think, was my post as bad as Keith says?

I really intended no harm, I've known Keith for donkey's years, he's always been very forthright with his opinions so I didn't even stop to think before I posted mine.

I'm happy to apologise if I'm wrong.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: