blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 11:21:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272715 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Devastating news , what would you do ?....Tunisia
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Devastating news , what would you do ?....Tunisia  (Read 22094 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: June 30, 2015, 01:39:56 AM »

This is why I think we should still be going to Tunisia

http://news.sky.com/story/1509980/tunisia-terror-attack-new-footage-of-rampage

Tourists stop going, fellas like the one taking this film will lose their jobs/livlihoods.

Not really fair is it?

How many Brits get greased on the beach before Abdul the waiter is no longer ur priority?

Interesting stats about car accidents in Timbuktu but frequency of holidaymaker massacre is kinda more relevant when flicking through the brochure and selecting ur package deal.

Why have you taken to writing ur instead of your? Its kind of out of character and it grates.

The older I get, the better I was.
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 30, 2015, 01:47:56 AM »

Tourists stop going, fellas like the one taking this film will lose their jobs/livlihoods.

Not really fair is it?

How many Brits get greased on the beach before Abdul the waiter is no longer ur priority?

Interesting stats about car accidents in Timbuktu but frequency of holidaymaker massacre is kinda more relevant when flicking through the brochure and selecting ur package deal.

Why have you taken to writing ur instead of your? Its kind of out of character and it grates.

ur not wrong Tom.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 30, 2015, 05:55:50 AM »

Slightly off tangent, but I am always amazed at how stupid Joe Terrorist is.

If you really want the world to be upset and genuinely afraid, then why not just pick off people randomly, anywhere?

There must be hundreds of chances to kill any one of us every day, and still walk away leaving the chance for you to do it time and time again.

Do that a few times,  synchronized, globally in the name of whatever, and soon have the world scared of its own shadow.

Always amazed that no one ever blows up a ferry. Security on those things is ridiculously poor.

Anyway, think I ought to book some time with a professional. Starting to worry myself now.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 30, 2015, 06:06:24 AM »

If you really want the world to be upset and genuinely afraid, then why not just pick off people randomly, anywhere?

There must be hundreds of chances to kill any one of us every day, and still walk away leaving the chance for you to do it time and time again.

Do that a few times,  synchronized, globally in the name of whatever, and soon have the world scared of its own shadow.

Always amazed that no one ever blows up a ferry. Security on those things is ridiculously poor.

Anyway, think I ought to book some time with a professional. Starting to worry myself now.

Would this be recognised as terrorism as they would want though? I think the whole point of these mass killings in certain areas is to get media coverage. You do mention about how scared people are, but look at what they have done so far, 50% of Britain's have come home.

But I do agree with you point about how stupid they are. This person who did what he did on Friday could have been stopped within a few minutes & it's only because of the utter lack of any adequate security in Tunisia that he was able to continue for as long as he did, 40 minutes according to some. If this was in the UK, he would have been stopped within a few minutes. So I don' really get it, why go there, but I suppose it did work?

I still find it quite amazing that the world is not coming together to stop these people. They are in the news every single day. Yet some people or political groups want us to cut spending in defence, when in my view it's never as vital to have a defence budget with what Russia are up to and the ever ongoing threat of ISIS.

It's a completely sad fact that this will be happening in the streets of the UK sometime soon and yet we seem to be doing very little about it.

(I have of course gone off topic too)
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 30, 2015, 08:24:25 AM »

Not really fair is it?

Mid-life crisis innit

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
neeko

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: June 30, 2015, 09:23:14 AM »

I wonder if you are more likely to be massacred in a high school in the USA or on a beach in the med?

There is no problem so bad that a politician cant make it worse.

http://www.dec.org.uk
simonnatur

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 30, 2015, 10:05:29 AM »

There was a great interview with English survivors of the attack on the radio this morning, quite moving and unintentionally funny at the same time..

starts at 1.34

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b06085ch#auto

Reluctant to race, came home in own time
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: June 30, 2015, 10:18:35 AM »

A couple of guys did have a go at that once - the problem with this approach is that they were shooting people for 8 months before anyone really noticed what they were up to. Seeing as one of the points of terrorism is to get publicity, you can kinda see why they go for big spectaculars instead.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beltway_sniper_attacks
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 30, 2015, 01:13:12 PM »

But I do agree with you point about how stupid they are. This person who did what he did on Friday could have been stopped within a few minutes & it's only because of the utter lack of any adequate security in Tunisia that he was able to continue for as long as he did, 40 minutes according to some. If this was in the UK, he would have been stopped within a few minutes. So I don' really get it, why go there, but I suppose it did work?

Really?

You honestly think that if a madman with a machine gun and a few grenades goes rampaging on Brighton beach one hot day this summer he'll be any less successful in his quest than the nutter in Tunisia?

I think 40 minutes to take him down was a really fast response. There's only really America where I'd expect it to be any quicker and that's only because they all have guns.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 30, 2015, 03:22:55 PM »

Really?

You honestly think that if a madman with a machine gun and a few grenades goes rampaging on Brighton beach one hot day this summer he'll be any less successful in his quest than the nutter in Tunisia?

I think 40 minutes to take him down was a really fast response. There's only really America where I'd expect it to be any quicker and that's only because they all have guns.

I am very critical of our police force, but I do believe this would have been sorted a lot quicker than in Tunisia. Police tend to be at emergencies within 7 minutes on average. Would it take that long to turn up and then be able to stop on him whilst on rampage? I personally don't think so & the 40 minutes he was on rampage surely must be questioned at some point
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: June 30, 2015, 03:50:06 PM »

Aaron, say this guy starts shooting on Brighton beach - do you really think it's only 7 minutes for armed police to turn up (remember, 2 bobbies with truncheons saying 'Now son, put the gun down' ain't gonna cut it here).
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 30, 2015, 03:51:50 PM »

Aaron, say this guy starts shooting on Brighton beach - do you really think it's only 7 minutes for armed police to turn up (remember, 2 bobbies with truncheons saying 'Now son, put the gun down' ain't gonna cut it here).

I was going to post exactly the same but i don't reply to arron's posts now just sit and chuckle at them at home!
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 30, 2015, 03:53:25 PM »

Really?

I am very critical of our police force, but I do believe this would have been sorted a lot quicker than in Tunisia. Police tend to be at emergencies within 7 minutes on average. Would it take that long to turn up and then be able to stop on him whilst on rampage? I personally don't think so & the 40 minutes he was on rampage surely must be questioned at some point

More lolfacts for you to ignore

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12636731

There was a delay of 52 minutes in getting ambulances to Tavistock Square, the scene of the bus attack where 13 people died.
One group of firefighters said they could not enter the tunnel at Aldgate because they had not received official confirmation that the live electric rail had been turned off.
One police officer stood on the rail to prove that it was no longer live - but the crew insisted they still needed word from London Underground managers. Four other firefighters had already gone into the train.
The first crew reached King's Cross station at 0913 - but did not go to the scene until a second crew arrived at 0942. That was because their communication protocols demanded having a back-up teams available.

The inquests heard that over at Edgware Road, Assistant Divisional Officer Alan Davies, then head of Paddington fire station, refused to allow his men into the tunnel because of the possibility of a dirty bomb.

That was in central London, not out in the sticks.  Maybe next time we'll be better organised, as detailed below, but good luck if you are on a beach in Blackpool.

http://news.sky.com/story/1510475/tunisia-style-attack-simulated-on-london-street

Simon Morgan said: "If you look at the incident that has just taken place in Tunisia, that attack lasted seven minutes from the first shots being fired to the subject being neutralised.

"In London, that response time could be achieved, but as you go further out, if we look at the situation with the Derrick Bird shootings in Cumbria five years ago, the armed response was at the (other) side of the county."

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: June 30, 2015, 05:08:43 PM »

Really?

More lolfacts for you to ignore

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12636731

There was a delay of 52 minutes in getting ambulances to Tavistock Square, the scene of the bus attack where 13 people died.
One group of firefighters said they could not enter the tunnel at Aldgate because they had not received official confirmation that the live electric rail had been turned off.
One police officer stood on the rail to prove that it was no longer live - but the crew insisted they still needed word from London Underground managers. Four other firefighters had already gone into the train.
The first crew reached King's Cross station at 0913 - but did not go to the scene until a second crew arrived at 0942. That was because their communication protocols demanded having a back-up teams available.

The inquests heard that over at Edgware Road, Assistant Divisional Officer Alan Davies, then head of Paddington fire station, refused to allow his men into the tunnel because of the possibility of a dirty bomb.

That was in central London, not out in the sticks.  Maybe next time we'll be better organised, as detailed below, but good luck if you are on a beach in Blackpool.

http://news.sky.com/story/1510475/tunisia-style-attack-simulated-on-london-street

Simon Morgan said: "If you look at the incident that has just taken place in Tunisia, that attack lasted seven minutes from the first shots being fired to the subject being neutralised.

"In London, that response time could be achieved, but as you go further out, if we look at the situation with the Derrick Bird shootings in Cumbria five years ago, the armed response was at the (other) side of the county."

Can't be right, their police is foreigners, innit?

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 30, 2015, 06:43:27 PM »

I didn't say it was - But 40 minutes is surely not a great time.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: