blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 08:33:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Nadal / Woods / Neither ?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Nadal / Woods / Neither ?  (Read 30643 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 24, 2018, 12:23:17 AM »

RoyalP are 14/1 about him for the masters, and they'll take a bet.

bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 24, 2018, 02:10:37 PM »

If it was a film and last night was the ending you would barely believe it. The crowds flocking behind Tiger up the last, kind of returning hero they had been waiting to come home type thing was proper lump in throat stuff. (Tho I did like the article on the BBC that found homage from The life of Brian with ‘he’s not the messiah, he’s been a very naughty boy’ angle) as it really was like watching the sporting version of that scene.

And to think he’s competing against  this generations best players with something close to the B game of his best years is just amazing. The biggest difference to his game over the last few tourneys has been his driving which has been much improved. Think that’s going to be the key going forward, if he can keep it under control off the tee he’s going to keep winning. Will be great to see.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 24, 2018, 02:27:27 PM »

If it was a film and last night was the ending you would barely believe it. The crowds flocking behind Tiger up the last, kind of returning hero they had been waiting to come home type thing was proper lump in throat stuff. (Tho I did like the article on the BBC that found homage from The life of Brian with ‘he’s not the messiah, he’s been a very naughty boy’ angle) as it really was like watching the sporting version of that scene.

And to think he’s competing against  this generations best players with something close to the B game of his best years is just amazing. The biggest difference to his game over the last few tourneys has been his driving which has been much improved. Think that’s going to be the key going forward, if he can keep it under control off the tee he’s going to keep winning. Will be great to see.

Whilst I'm not even remotely golf savvy, my initial thoughts on the 1st Tee was that McIllroy would try to engage Tiger in a who has the biggest dick contest in driving distance, & that's exactly what Rory did right from the off.

Tiger was not having any of it though, the big difference to my eye is that he is "only" driving to 90% of his power. And as a result, he missed very few fairways.

Little mention has been made of Rory, who had a day to forget, or how Horschel got quite close to pissing on Tiger's parade. And well done Justin, too, that was a weird spot he was in, vying between the Tour C'Ship & the Fed Ex overall.  If I were in his spot, think I'd happily settle for the $10 milly, & that's exactly how it panned out as I saw it.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 24, 2018, 02:41:52 PM »

Rory's head is so gone. Sundays are no longer his friend.

Why is Wayne Riley still on TV?

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 24, 2018, 02:51:20 PM »

Rose did really well to get back up to claim the FedEx didn’t he. Tbh I don’t think anyone watching really cares about it at all and what they have done to the format for the final Fedex comp next year just proves it doesn’t work. It’s hard to be interested in a multi millionaire winning another 10 million for finishing 4th or 5th. Rory another victim of playing in the same group as Tiger at the business end of comps, with everything that entails tho he’s looked pretty flakey in serious contention most of the year.

Billy Horschel must hold the record for the least shots seen on TV by a player finishing 2nd in a big golf tourney. That’s my main issue with all the FedEx bluster, it takes away from the actual drama when you build up a story pre round that ends up meaning you follow someone that can’t now win the tourney instead of the guy that finishes 2nd. Don’t remember Billy hitting more than 2 shots on TV all week til he got to the 17th green last night.

Have a look at next years Fedex finale format mate, it’s ridiculous.

« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 02:57:16 PM by bobby1 » Logged

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 24, 2018, 03:13:26 PM »

jeez

for anyone https://www.cbssports.com/golf/news/pga-tour-making-extreme-changes-to-tour-championship-fedex-cup-format-in-2019/

I had no idea, wonder what it will be like,,,

Also, how on earth is DJ world#1 for so long?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 03:34:21 PM by tikay » Logged

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 24, 2018, 03:34:01 PM »

Rose did really well to get back up to claim the FedEx didn’t he. Tbh I don’t think anyone watching really cares about it at all and what they have done to the format for the final Fedex comp next year just proves it doesn’t work. It’s hard to be interested in a multi millionaire winning another 10 million for finishing 4th or 5th. Rory another victim of playing in the same group as Tiger at the business end of comps, with everything that entails tho he’s looked pretty flakey in serious contention most of the year.

Billy Horschel must hold the record for the least shots seen on TV by a player finishing 2nd in a big golf tourney. That’s my main issue with all the FedEx bluster, it takes away from the actual drama when you build up a story pre round that ends up meaning you follow someone that can’t now win the tourney instead of the guy that finishes 2nd. Don’t remember Billy hitting more than 2 shots on TV all week til he got to the 17th green last night.

Have a look at next years Fedex finale format mate, it’s ridiculous.

100% agree, in fact as an armchair golf watcher, it was not until it started on Thursday that I realised the Tour Championship & the FedEx Cup are different things. Luckily, Sky Sports put up 4,190 Leaderboards & Projected Leaderboards at an ever increasing frequency for the hard of hearing like me.

Its sort of like a cross between the EPL & the FA Cup.

Next year? Yup, curiosity got the better of me - a handicapping system. Next thing, they'll be having 7lb penalties.

In effect, in 2019, the Fed Ex Cup & the Tour C'Ship are the same thing.

Instead of everyone starting the first round on the same score, the No. 1 seed starts at 10-under par, with the No. 2 player at 8 under, then 7 under, 6 under and 5 under. The next group of five players are at 4 under, all the way down until the final five players in the 30-man field are at even par.

The winner is determined by his score to par, not his 72-hole score.

The Golf Tournament format has worked perfectly for ever, hard to see why they need to mess with it. It's as inconceivable as 10 ball overs in Cricket....

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Juperjiper

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 24, 2019, 12:00:45 PM »

Nadal is one more win away from winning all four Grand Slams at least twice - a feat which no other man has achieved in the Open era.
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 24, 2019, 02:34:01 PM »

Nadal is unbelievable

in every sense of the word
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 24, 2019, 03:05:03 PM »

Nadal all day

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 24, 2019, 03:08:35 PM »

As clean as Ben Johnson
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 24, 2019, 05:42:02 PM »

Just got better chemists than Lance Grin

George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 24, 2019, 10:14:50 PM »

Now the ATP have finally cracked down on drugs properly rafa showed today and last month in Paris what he really is.  A jobbing tennis player with very little natural talent at the top end of the game.  He shouldn't be having this drop off at his age if he is really one of the GOAT let's be serious about this.  Whatever people think rafa abused the lax drug taking system for years.  I have been told this on good authority for 2 ATP players via friends.  These two guys also state several other ' big names' have also been up to no good.

You don't need to be a genius to work it out if you look at rafa's 'injury breaks' over the years.

As for Tiger i literally couldn't back him with stolen to win another major.  I would probably have a decent wager he never top 5's again in a major never mind wins one.  He lived on the edge as a shagging machine for years getting away with it.  That ego driven lifestyle has all gone now and his confidence was totally shot by it imo.

Thought they’d cracked down?

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 14, 2019, 04:37:09 PM »

Tiger close to getting both runners home.  Rafa only added the 3 majors since this fred started.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 14, 2019, 05:07:34 PM »

Tiger close to getting both runners home.  Rafa only added the 3 majors since this fred started.

Molinari is a robot.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: