blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:15:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  SNP MP, Mhairi Black
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: SNP MP, Mhairi Black  (Read 7220 times)
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2015, 12:02:55 PM »

absolutely can't stand her

Why? Irrational dislike?

can't stand her politics. whole party is a load of chancers

(see their behaviour on the fox hunting vote. Angus Robertson, leader of the group, said the party wanted to send a message to the Conservative government about the narrowness of its majority. So they'd vote for the current legislation in England, if the vote went ahead, but the Scottish hunting laws are much more lenient*. As I say, chancers. EVEL please, and quickly)

her behaviour on election night really rankled, gave a very surly acceptance speech in stark contrast to murphy's dignified exit

i do concede that a lot of the SNP MPs are very fine orators. probably because they've had plenty of practice shouting over heckling lol

(*Traditional fox hunting with dogs is illegal across Britain. However, hunts in England and Wales are able to flush out foxes for pest control purposes, using only two dogs - as long as the foxes are shot as quickly as possible. In Scotland an unlimited number of dogs can be used for this purpose.)

Its a UK parliament not an English one.

Create an English assembly and you can kill as many foxes as you want.

mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2015, 12:12:31 PM »

Why? Irrational dislike?

(see their behaviour on the fox hunting vote. Angus Robertson, leader of the group, said the party wanted to send a message to the Conservative government about the narrowness of its majority. So they'd vote for the current legislation in England, if the vote went ahead, but the Scottish hunting laws are much more lenient*. As I say, chancers. EVEL please, and quickly)

her behaviour on election night really rankled, gave a very surly acceptance speech in stark contrast to murphy's dignified exit

i do concede that a lot of the SNP MPs are very fine orators. probably because they've had plenty of practice shouting over heckling lol

(*Traditional fox hunting with dogs is illegal across Britain. However, hunts in England and Wales are able to flush out foxes for pest control purposes, using only two dogs - as long as the foxes are shot as quickly as possible. In Scotland an unlimited number of dogs can be used for this purpose.)

If fox hunting is a devolved matter, then the SNP shouldn't get a say on the law of England and Wales.

Simple as that.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2015, 12:16:37 PM »

Why? Irrational dislike?

I though the argument was about how we killed them not how many?

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2015, 12:19:47 PM »

Why? Irrational dislike?

It is

I am not trying to make a pro or anti hunting point, merely that the SNP were determined to vote in this instance not on principles but on political expediency when their own devolved laws allow something completely dfifferent and substantially more lenient on the matter

Hypocrisy of the highest order

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2015, 12:23:01 PM »

Again - it's a UK Parliament not an English one, get your own assembly for your English laws and stop interfering with democracy.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2015, 12:26:04 PM »

Again - it's a UK Parliament not an English one, get your own assembly for your English laws and stop interfering with democracy.

who is interfering with democracy?

no one is suggesting that anyone does

EVEL stops this nonsense of the SNP having the best of both worlds, if introduced correctly

My eyes are open wide
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2015, 12:29:13 PM »

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2015, 12:30:02 PM »

Why? Irrational dislike?

It is

I am not trying to make a pro or anti hunting point, merely that the SNP were determined to vote in this instance not on principles but on political expediency when their own devolved laws allow something completely dfifferent and substantially more lenient on the matter

Hypocrisy of the highest order

It is pretty clear that MPs vote for political reasons and not because of their beliefs, but bragging about how you were going to vote against something for an unrelated reason seems a bit classless.  

I always smile a bit when the SNP accuse others of trying to break up the Union as if they had nothing to do with it.  We were just innocent bystanders gov.

It all does seem a horrid mess at the minute.  

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2015, 12:33:57 PM »

I think it was top trolling by the SNP, and their voting base really won't have an issue with a policy of 'doing things just to fuck up the Tories for mad lolz yo'
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2015, 12:36:38 PM »

EVEL stops this nonsense of the SNP having the best of both worlds, if introduced correctly

I voted for my MP to vote on laws in the UK parliament.  Whether any law is an "English" law is subjective.  Create an English assembly and devolve powers if you want, but stopping my MP voting is because in the opinion of the Tory Party a law only affects England is unacceptable.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2015, 12:39:31 PM »

I voted for my MP to vote on laws in the UK parliament.  Whether any law is an "English" law is subjective.  Create an English assembly and devolve powers if you want, but stopping my MP voting is because in the opinion of the Tory Party a law only affects England is unacceptable.

but Scotland has devolved powers, and sets its own laws on issues

why then should it vote on the same issues but IN A DIFFERENT WAY FOR ENGLAND than it enforces in Scotland?!  Its illogical, but offers the opportunity to point score, no more than that

the whole thing is a complete mess, and it began with the devolution process under Blair in 98

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2015, 02:29:01 PM »

brilliant demolition of the speech

http://www.capx.co/the-big-problem-with-mhairi-blacks-maiden-speech/

My eyes are open wide
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2015, 02:51:02 PM »

the writer of that seems very balanced

ahem
jakally

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2015, 07:19:39 PM »

I didn't get this impression, but maybe was blinded by her being such an engaging speaker at a very young age.
Made some nice comments about her predecessor in the commons speech, which must go some way to correcting that.
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2015, 07:34:39 PM »

She didn't defeat Murphy either. Wasn't it Douglas Alexander?

Though in balance it is tradition in a maiden to say something nice about the prior/ defeated member for that seat

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: