blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:44:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272578 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Beginner PLO advice!!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Beginner PLO advice!!!  (Read 11188 times)
stacksaa

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2015, 12:08:20 AM »

Hey,

So played a session tonight which was very swingy was down 3.5bi at one point and couldn't get anything going but managed to pull it back to about break even.

Didn't feel I concentrated very well tonight and wasn't really prepared to play, I find it really helpful reading some strategy / watching a PLO video or even reading advice in this thread before I play as it seems to get me in the right frame of mind..

Got to be up at 4am as im heading to Wakefield to play golf with work and a night out, never been out up there before so should be interesting!

So had a couple of hands one from tonight and a couple from the weekend don't really have any reads or stats on villans as only just started playing on Bet365 but any thoughts / pointers will be appreciated -

IPoker, $0.05/$0.10 Pot Limit Omaha Cash, 6 Players
Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $16.54 (165.4 bb)
BB: $12.59 (125.9 bb)
UTG: $21.53 (215.3 bb)
MP: $18.75 (187.5 bb)
Hero (CO): $12.97 (129.7 bb)
BTN: $10.18 (101.8 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with
UTG folds, MP calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.30, BTN calls $0.30, SB folds, BB calls $0.20, MP calls $0.20

Flop: ($1.25) Ah (4 players)
BB bets $1.25, MP folds, Hero calls $1.25, BTN folds

Turn: ($3.75) (2 players)
BB bets $1.87, Hero calls $1.87

River: ($7.49) (2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets $3.74, BB folds

Results: $7.49 pot ($0.49 rake)
Final Board: Ah
BB mucked and lost (-$3.42 net)
Hero mucked and won $7 ($3.58 net)

I raised in the CO to iso the limp from MP. Had be isolating this player a lot and winning a lot of small pots from him post flop. I don't expect the BB to be to strong with only the call in the blinds. Once the flop hits and he bets out I put him on 2pair maybe 108? Think as it played out was a good spot to semi bluff once he checks the river?

IPoker, $0.05/$0.10 Pot Limit Omaha Cash, 4 Players
Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $10 (100 bb)
BB: $10.15 (101.5 bb)
CO: $7.26 (72.6 bb)
Hero (BTN): $41.02 (410.2 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with As
CO calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.40, 2 folds, CO calls $0.30

Flop: ($0.95) three diamonds (2 players)
CO checks, Hero bets $0.66, CO calls $0.66

Turn: ($2.27) (2 players)
CO checks, Hero bets $1.13, CO raises to $5.66, Hero calls $4.53

River: ($13.59) (2 players)
CO bets $0.54, Hero calls $0.54

Results: $14.67 pot ($0.97 rake)
Final Board: three diamonds
CO showed three clubs two hearts Two Clubs and won $13.70 ($6.44 net)
Hero mucked As and lost (-$7.26 net)

Think this pretty much plays itself. On the river is this a case of getting to much in with no re draws or the nuts? Maybe something I should work on?

Cheers JP

stacksaa

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2015, 12:17:00 AM »

I shall follow, good luck at the table stack. Feel free to throw in some life stories/ hobbies etc

How old are you?

What made you only start learning PLO properly now?

Do you prefer cash or tourneys?

Favorite pizza?

Hey cheers for the following hopefully will be a fun ride!! Will post some life stories / hobby stories which will evolve mainly around golf in the summer, football in the winter and plenty of boozy nights.

Anyway im 31 years old!!

Started learning PLO as I just got plain bored of playing NL Holdem. Used to play a lot about 5/6 years ago mainly small stake tourneys had some decent results. Don't really get the time to play tourneys now so prefer cash. Also live in Balham so sometimes take a trip into town to see if I can spin up some dosh on the cash games. Would like to try the PLO tables sometime but not sure how tough if will be? But im genuinely interested in PLO and looking forward to learning a new game and hopefully moving up the stakes.

Favourite pizza has to be Texas Barbeque with Italian base from Dominos its a hangover cure. But I prefer a curry!!

stacksaa

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2015, 05:23:49 PM »

Just a little update, played golf in Wakefield on Thursday which was followed up by a night out (will leave the stories for another post). Played a bit last night and pretty much broke even made some mistakes and think I wasn't in the right mind frame for playing tiered and getting over a Hanover.

Off to a BBQ today at my brothers place then on the grind tomorrow night. Will study a few HHs in the afternoon to get me in the right mind frame for playing..

Will prob update Monday with the Sunday grind and the night out in Batley (think that is what it's called) and Wakefield. We went to a very very strange venue!!!

Hope everyone is enjoying the weather along with England winning the ashes..

Jason
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: