blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 07:27:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272592 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  lil dave's lil life
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 52 Go Down Print
Author Topic: lil dave's lil life  (Read 219681 times)
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: July 30, 2015, 11:33:57 AM »

Have to say I got pretty excited reading about that day of poker in Vegas even though I think I remembered how it ended!

Can you share some fun/memorable experiences of playing with the legend that is Laurence Gosney?

Ha, yes it was an exciting day, its funny how I remember the feelings of that day like it was 15 minutes ago, but cant remember details to save my life... Kinda like one of those out of body experiences where you live and breathe entirely on instincts!

Yes, yes oh yes I can share Lawrence Gosney stories and will be very glad to do so...However I've still not been to bed, and if im posting Lawrence stories then I simply must do them justice. I've known him since I first started playing poker in Leeds and he remains one of my favorite people till this day, a complete hero of mine.

So just hold that thought!!
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 11:36:07 AM by SuuPRlim » Logged

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 30, 2015, 11:37:35 AM »

can you ask a greek/turkish person about the name because I can't fathom the meaning you give from the word and sounds that you gave it!?

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 30, 2015, 11:41:58 AM »

Anyway, hi dave. A diary isn't a diary without some mention of nandos. What is your preferred order at nandos?

On a scale of 10-10, with 10 being the greatest, and 10 being the greatest, how great is middy?

Looking forward to the diary x

Hi Vinny!

I go for Chicken thighs MED, peri chips (mash and rice if im being healthy) and ofc obligatory humous to start.

Used to be a butterfly man but switched up on Pabs recommendation, a very wise man that Pab.

Seriously there isn't a scale out there for Middy, I know he's my one of my bestest friends so I approach the subject with a lot of bias, but he's 1000x the scales. Getting increasingly rare in gambling nowadays for people who genuinely do right by people but Middy walks through life always remembers the people who helped him out and despite all his success he remains totally humble.

Also, as a poker player he's one of the best out there, online tournaments in particular, I watched him win the Scoop $2k and honestly from 30 out no-one else could have won it, and absolute clinic and he thrives the higher the stakes/more pressure too. Sounds so bizarre to say but I actually think he is somewhat universally under-rated.

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 30, 2015, 11:54:56 AM »

New diary = Tal Quick-fire Questions

1. Go to your generic mp3 player. Press shuffle five times. What comes up? (Be honest, please. Only cheating yourself)

2. You can make one change the standard deck of cards (be this appearance, adding a suit, adding a card value, getting rid of a card, changing the shape, etc). What is it?

3. Jacket potato filling of choice?

4. I have 10 grand to blow in vegas and leave tomorrow. What does LDT (Lil Dave Tours) suggest?

5. Shakespeare, Jonson or Marlowe?

Hmmm, I actually don't know, I only really listen to music when i play online and I tend to govern my music selection based around what mood i need to generate for the current state of my session...

I had by biggest ever online win listening to Britney Spears, the "my perogative" greatest hits mix, so I call on her from time to time in desperate spots, although she has actually failed me pretty hard some recently. I also like Iron Maidon when i winning, house music when im losing and I like stuff like Bryan Adams/Meatloaf when i try to get stuff going.

Sounds donk, but I am pretty donk.

Jacket potato filling, I get jacket potatoes from the shop near me and I always go for the same one, called "Firecracker Chicken" its chicken,onions, peppers, cheese, and a "jalapeno" mayo. Very nice.

$10k to blow in vegas and you want LDT advice?? Get another 10 or try another tour guide Cheesy
*Joking* (ish!) I would advise you go for an awesome meal, get a Wynn Tower suite and then play craps with the rest of it... Not sure what you'd do with the rest of the day though!

I would also advise you stay as far away from a nightclub as possible!

Interesting Q. Many believe that it was Christpher Marlowe who was responsible for a large amount of shakespeare works, as iv absolutely no doubt you already knew, had he lived long enough alongside WS there is every chance his works could have eclipsed the latter imo, or perhaps not, whoever wrote the WS work it's undoubtedly pure genius, although I firmly believe Shakespeare is not to be read, it is to be watched. How you expect a teenager to engage with written shakespeare is beyond me, if you've ever heard of a theatre company called "odd-socks" they are simply wonderful and it is that way that people should be introduced to his works. The hear the way the language is used really is a joy.

I think Johnson's contribution to English language as a whole probably exceeds both CM and WS, but in a far less exciting way.

I'll say Shakespeare, and give him the benefit of the doubt for not stealing CM work and killing him in a bar fight.

As for the deck of cards, I need to think on that!!!

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 30, 2015, 11:57:52 AM »

Hi Dave,

as a fellow Dave I'd be interested to hear how you feel about Bergeroo's Dave classification.

Also, have you noticed how there's almost always one ther Dave on every table you play on?

Don't leave the gambling and debauchery stories to answer these btw.

Have i missed the Dave classification?!

Dave is a very common name,my name in fact David Nicholson is very common, I am a member of a FB group with over 200 members (although some are not called David Nicholson, and remain members despite my strongly worded protests to the administrator)

Myself and another Dave, (Dave Gent/Geeforce - one of the worlds finest Dave's) were saying only recently that nameDavehas been ruined for the next generation/2 by the channel "Dave"

I introduce myself ALWAYS as David mind you.

MattyHollis

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 30, 2015, 11:58:14 AM »

$10k to blow in vegas and you want LDT advice?? Get another 10 or try another tour guide Cheesy

Best answer ever
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 30, 2015, 12:00:22 PM »

can you ask a greek/turkish person about the name because I can't fathom the meaning you give from the word and sounds that you gave it!?

I remember a few yrs back we talked on this and you said you had never heard of the word and disputed it's legitimacy Cheesy

You are obviously far, far better placed than me to comment so I really cant go against your word on it! I'm sure this is the way Elias the fisherman said it to me...perhaps I get it wrong, or maybe I just made it up in a drunken haze!

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 30, 2015, 12:08:07 PM »

Cracking start to the diary, got the potential to be the best ever, maybe not the longest but quite possibly the best.

Dave, do you still consider yourself a full time poker player or have you become more of a business man? (read that you had a restaurant somewhere I think). Do you/ will you ever play at the sort of levels you were playing before?

Its a very interesting question, let me think on it, the answer would have been different at several points in the last 12 months. This kind of leads into the changes that have come about in me as a person over the last 1-2 years, when you take a less than linear path through life you're process of development is different, it's no faster or slower than anyone elses, just different. You develop very fast in certain area's and remain under-developed in other parts of your personality.

Gonna sleep on it, if i can ever get to bloody sleep that is!!

bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 30, 2015, 12:22:32 PM »

I make up my own poker terms for when I talk about hands and categorise players.

- A 'Dave' is what I call a player who is probably between 35-55, they are regulars in the UK live tours, especially GUKPT and the old Gala tour, now Genting. They might well have a piece of branded merchandise, like a card protector or a cap. They are generally friendly. Some 'Daves' are pretty good and play a winning TAG game, make good reads and decisions and can go deep in these tournaments and win them.

The word I would most use to characterise a 'Dave' is solid. They don't three bet light very often, you are going to see flops and play through the streets more. Many of them play too loose passive early on and too tight passive late on. They often underplay AK and miss a street of value with their made hands. Some of them cold call three bets too much, capping their range when they do so. Some of them will make light call downs when they think you are 'at it'. I have not worked out the formula for determining if someone is 'at it'.

Obviously you are part of the new breed of young Dave who don't play like old Daves.

My name is Phill - although with two l's instead of one as most people spell it and there seemed to be several Phils who were at the top of the game for a while. A book was even published about killing us. But Dave is a far more common name. In fact I reckon if you go to any cardroom in the UK with 50+ people in it in the UK, someone will be called Dave or David.

Hi Dave,

as a fellow Dave I'd be interested to hear how you feel about Bergeroo's Dave classification.

Also, have you noticed how there's almost always one ther Dave on every table you play on?

Dave is a very common name,my name in fact David Nicholson is very common, I am a member of a FB group with over 200 members (although some are not called David Nicholson, and remain members despite my strongly worded protests to the administrator)

Myself and another Dave, (Dave Gent/Geeforce - one of the worlds finest Dave's) were saying only recently that nameDavehas been ruined for the next generation/2 by the channel "Dave"

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 30, 2015, 01:44:12 PM »

I make up my own poker terms for when I talk about hands and categorise players.

- A 'Dave' is what I call a player who is probably between 35-55, they are regulars in the UK live tours, especially GUKPT and the old Gala tour, now Genting. They might well have a piece of branded merchandise, like a card protector or a cap. They are generally friendly. Some 'Daves' are pretty good and play a winning TAG game, make good reads and decisions and can go deep in these tournaments and win them.

The word I would most use to characterise a 'Dave' is solid. They don't three bet light very often, you are going to see flops and play through the streets more. Many of them play too loose passive early on and too tight passive late on. They often underplay AK and miss a street of value with their made hands. Some of them cold call three bets too much, capping their range when they do so. Some of them will make light call downs when they think you are 'at it'. I have not worked out the formula for determining if someone is 'at it'.

Obviously you are part of the new breed of young Dave who don't play like old Daves.

My name is Phill - although with two l's instead of one as most people spell it and there seemed to be several Phils who were at the top of the game for a while. A book was even published about killing us. But Dave is a far more common name. In fact I reckon if you go to any cardroom in the UK with 50+ people in it in the UK, someone will be called Dave or David.

Hi Dave,

Bergeroo is obviously confusing a Dave with what the rest of us call a 'Wigglesworth'

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 30, 2015, 01:58:49 PM »

Biggest ever sports bet which won and lost.  Don't have to disclose figures but the events you bet on.
bagel
bagel

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 30, 2015, 02:19:02 PM »

Biggest ever sports bet which won and lost.  Don't have to disclose figures but the events you bet on.

pretty sure i remember reading about a big win on ronnie the rocket.
WhitePony84

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 30, 2015, 02:50:04 PM »

I remember reading about your epic Omaha hands when you first posted them on your blog, good to see you are back writing again. Always rated your blog highly.
sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 30, 2015, 03:07:01 PM »

Have to say I got pretty excited reading about that day of poker in Vegas even though I think I remembered how it ended!

Can you share some fun/memorable experiences of playing with the legend that is Laurence Gosney?

Ha, yes it was an exciting day, its funny how I remember the feelings of that day like it was 15 minutes ago, but cant remember details to save my life... Kinda like one of those out of body experiences where you live and breathe entirely on instincts!

Yes, yes oh yes I can share Lawrence Gosney stories and will be very glad to do so...However I've still not been to bed, and if im posting Lawrence stories then I simply must do them justice. I've known him since I first started playing poker in Leeds and he remains one of my favorite people till this day, a complete hero of mine.

So just hold that thought!!

Can't wait for this, played with him a good few times in my younger days & he always amazed me.  He was always talking, seemed to be barely paying attention & must have called my exact hand on no less than 5 occasions.

In the category of Funniest Poster I nominate sovietsong. - mantis 21/12/2012
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 30, 2015, 04:18:57 PM »

I seem to recall you referencing having played against Latif the Teesside legend who has been known to play blind, especially when he has a big starting hand.

Any tales to tell? Did you ever play when he was dealing?

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 52 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: