blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 01:34:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  lil dave's lil life
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 ... 52 Go Down Print
Author Topic: lil dave's lil life  (Read 219294 times)
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: May 21, 2016, 10:04:36 PM »

Not even having a cheeky go on the darts Dave? You've changed :p

Not that I've ever managed anyone, but I kinda feel like the answer to motivating staff is usually incentives. I don't think it's realistic to assume that all the members of your staff actually care that much about the business itself, but if you offer them more selfish reasons to perform well then imo you give yourself a good chance of a positive response. One of my old bosses would buy us all lunch if we hit certain targets at the end of the week, or we'd all go out for a pint on him, or he'd stick on a cash bonus/crate of beer for the person performing most above expectation, and it had a noticeable effect. After all, do you really expect people to work really hard whereas they could work less and get the same return? In my first job, when I started I was super motivated and worked hard, really wanted to learn etc, but after a few months when I realized that I was actually not going to get anything for putting in that effort, and that everyone else around me didn't give a shit (this obvs had a lot to do with it as well), it became increasingly difficult to motivate myself.

Just my two cents Smiley

Done my brains on the darts obviously, some things in life never change Tongue

BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: May 26, 2016, 08:13:04 PM »

Great read.

Craving fish and chips.

Don't get to Leeds much now but if I do I'll be sure to pop in.

No egg used in your batter right? (COD)

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: May 30, 2016, 01:17:17 AM »

Good Sunday, Dave?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Whollyflush

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: May 30, 2016, 01:52:39 AM »

I'm trying to put 2+2 together here but i think he might have money bubbled me in the WSOP main seat  Cry Cry

@whollyflush on twitter
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: May 30, 2016, 09:31:41 AM »

Great read.

Craving fish and chips.

Don't get to Leeds much now but if I do I'll be sure to pop in.

No egg used in your batter right? (COD)

Sup bubble absolutely yeh come on in would be good to see you.

No, no egg, pretty firm believer in simple is best in the batter department, and we're in Yorkshire son, all haddock up here!!!

HAd best ever "regular" day in the restaurant on Friday, was struggling for a little momentum as well so came at the right time - Tomorrow I'm hosting a Jazz evening with special (more expensive¬) menu and a local Jazz band, did it last month and it was brilliant, restaurant usually pulls in about £400 on a tuesday night and we took nearly £600 that night just on booze Smiley

Next month in Country night, I've got flyers out...I've got posters on the wall...I've got a full page advert in a local community Jewish Magazine, I am super fucking on it!

Just one thing I've over-looked... a bloody country band!!!! Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!!

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: May 30, 2016, 09:42:18 AM »

Good Sunday, Dave?

Yesterday was a good day Smiley

First actual day off in an aggge, Laura wanted a picnic but the weather wouldn't quite play ball so I made an indoor picnic which went down like a storm! I drank a bottle of pink sparkling wine, a few desperado's then cracked a bottle Malbec open and jumped in the £1k sat to main event which i ended up winning a seat so wiiii I'm going to Vegas first time since 2013 when I got my insides ripped out and handed back to me.

I can absolutely not afford the time off in the slightest as sports book project goes live in 7 days but whatever I won a seat now so off I go!

In fact, seeing as I'm going...I'll prolly extend another week and go for 18 days, live and let live and all.

Laura never been before so that will be cool for her, actually seems the process of her getting a visa is a little more complicated than your regular ESTA, anyone have any experience with Romanian - US travel visa's wanna drop a PM i'd owe you a drink.

Playing last night towards the bubble I was actually really nervous lol much more than i ever was in big cash games back in the day, as we got a bit closer I was just thinking about vegas and the fucking mirage and wanted to go so bad, was over the moon when i won the seat.

Sorry JP, I'll buy you a steak in the rhino one lunchtime make up for it Smiley

I'MMM BACK!!! whoohooo 5,6,8,9 max behind the line full press till I say otherwise please dealer.

titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #291 on: May 30, 2016, 12:21:30 PM »

yessss David.  yesssssss

This blog gonna get fun.

Gl with the visa stuff, it can be a real hassle having to jump through so many hoops. Run well!
Whollyflush

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: May 30, 2016, 12:59:11 PM »

No worries mate , well done cya out there!

@whollyflush on twitter
I KNOW IT

I'm the one the right ;)

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: May 30, 2016, 10:02:39 PM »

Congratulations on winning a seat Dave.

Really looking forward to the Vegas reports for the diary.

Also wish you the best of luck in the new business venture . A few oil guys who come in my bar while working in China are from Leeds so will be certain to give your restaurant a mention. They really are top guys

You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them." "Heart is what separates the good from the great. '

"All money is good, just the quantity makes it better"
      My Dad

"Poker Players and Vultures are alike. They both live off the flesh of the weak"
         Tony Bolto
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: May 30, 2016, 11:06:34 PM »

Congratulations Dave on the seat, outstanding work sir
sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: May 30, 2016, 11:09:41 PM »

Hi David,

Now you're a top business man, isn't it time we discussed a fair price for that fiesta?

Kind Regards

Christopher

In the category of Funniest Poster I nominate sovietsong. - mantis 21/12/2012
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: May 31, 2016, 12:04:13 AM »

Congrats Dave. Unlucky JP.  Glad to see the diary back.

I'm only 3.5 hours from Leeds (I checked) so I'll def drop by and sample your restaurant soon 👍🏻

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: May 31, 2016, 12:13:34 AM »

"I'm only 3.5 hours from Leeds (I checked) so I'll def drop by and sample your restaurant soon 👍🏻"

Put yer foot down Tongue
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: May 31, 2016, 12:48:17 AM »

Congrats Dave. Unlucky JP.  Glad to see the diary back.

I'm only 3.5 hours from Leeds (I checked) so I'll def drop by and sample your restaurant as soon as I can persuade Eso Kral to take a trip up 👍🏻

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: May 31, 2016, 01:40:38 PM »

Hi David,

Now you're a top business man, isn't it time we discussed a fair price for that fiesta?

Kind Regards

Christopher

man I thought this once in a lifetime deal would never re-surface, lets talk turkey

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 ... 52 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: