blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:59:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  lil dave's lil life
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 ... 52 Go Down Print
Author Topic: lil dave's lil life  (Read 219775 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #450 on: November 13, 2016, 01:02:33 PM »

^^^^

Superb post by MANTIS bloke.

+1.

A small criticism if I may. One doesn't burst one's balls, one busts them.

The older I get, the better I was.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #451 on: November 13, 2016, 04:40:57 PM »

nice post again manty, you're on quite the roll, like my online mentor Smiley

I came across a little ranty i guess Tongue really the point is, i'm not going to take "a job" for the sake of "a job" if it's not something i find satisfying for all the reasons you described then I'm off on my merry way to do something else, I'm pretty strong willed like this. I really do hate corporate structures but I guess I have little to no real exposure to them, I like to work in a creative free-flowing environment and I suppose it would be pretty naive and genereralised to say all corporate jobs are like that. So I'll re-vise my previous statement.

I stand by my CV point, people need to think outside of the box, which is how I will approach this...

FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #452 on: November 13, 2016, 07:19:05 PM »

There are positives/negatives in anything and you are free to choose what to focus on. The corporate aspect of employment is pretty minor, especially if you're in management where effectively YOU create the working environment and the attitude of your team. Every day I go to work at a lovely venue, get satisfaction from creating positive experiences for my guests, mentor a team and develop people who strive for me and respect me, I have the freedom to implement strategy, to try new ideas. I experience the rewards of making a business successful, keep my own hours, feeling of importance, working with great people, all the perks of employment like solid regular salary, bonuses, pension, healthcare, phone, laptop, car. A CV isn't bollocks because I'm also building a portfolio of experience which will guarantee future employment...just like a horse who wins lots of comps can readily command staking in the future. Every day is enjoyable. Sure thing I gotta contend with a certain amount of corporate bollocks but that is small potatoes compared to all the win available, it certainly doesn't define employment for me. I define what attitude I have and what I get from employment, it doesn't control me.

Whenever I do feel a tinge of angst about having to work I watch those programmes where in some far flung country Dad wakes up at 5am to travel a thousand miles to work before busting his balls for 12hrs at some menial job, travelling home, few hours kip and then rinse repeat for 7 days a week, just so he can put his kid through school. We are lucky as fuck to have the opportunities we do in this country and I wouldn't recommend some cock-eyed precious approach to work and moving forward in life. I would say earning £50k a year whilst planning to do it yourself for £80k isn't such a bad thing. In short I guess what I'm trying to say is...check your privilege bruv, not sure what it means but sounds appropriate.

Jesus Mantis , seriously wasted writing talent regardless of how gratifying your current employ is  Smiley

Hi Dave , hope you are well .

Really glad you've made the right decision to follow your heart so hope all goes well....however !!  its highly unlikely you are ever going to be able to be happy working for somebody else unless the role has all the attributes ,benefits and job satisfaction as listed above in Mantis post

You may need to pay the bills short term but the long term will definitely be you doing it for yourself  !   Its just a question of How , When .Where ,What and With Whom  ?

Good Luck whichever way you choose to do it
lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #453 on: November 15, 2016, 02:36:49 AM »

Everyone is different and with no exception lil Dave, you are different.

I think that for almost everybody I know, leaving the restaurant behind in Leeds is a poor decision. Given that you're so driven and comfortable taking risks, then whatever decisions you make are ultimately the right ones.

Good luck mate!

<3 ENSUING
stato_1 said, "banoffee pie i reckon"
stato_1 said, "this is delicious"
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #454 on: November 15, 2016, 11:18:09 AM »

Thanks mate,

Onwards and upwards!

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #455 on: November 17, 2016, 11:39:47 AM »

You ever seen in the films when the guy comes home and he's been caught sleeping with his secretary, finds all his things thrown on the lawn...

Went to the restaurant to collect some stuff from the office all my things are in a pile in the bar lol.

lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #456 on: November 17, 2016, 12:43:07 PM »

You ever seen in the films when the guy comes home and he's been caught sleeping with his secretary, finds all his things thrown on the lawn...

Went to the restaurant to collect some stuff from the office all my things are in a pile in the bar lol.

They either view you as a traitor or are doing you a lovely favour Smiley

<3 ENSUING
stato_1 said, "banoffee pie i reckon"
stato_1 said, "this is delicious"
FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #457 on: November 18, 2016, 01:26:08 PM »

How about a Skalie type role in a London  card room  ?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 01:27:56 PM by FUN4FRASER » Logged
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #458 on: December 13, 2016, 08:01:57 AM »

Played some poker! Booked a little £45 Win!

Still got it yo

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #459 on: December 13, 2016, 11:41:54 AM »

Finalised my darts bets for the WC's!

Lets all be honest with ourselves, MVG is probably going to win Smiley

However, I'm opposing him because it's what I do.

I've backed a few big prices in the bottom half of the drawn hoping that I can be on the good side of some upsets + the big prices will come CRASHING down if MVG busts. I've gone Terry Jenkins, Micheal Smith (Vinny VDV because warbs made me) and Ian white, i'll be laying VDV/Bull/White if they make the 1/4s FOR SURE.

I've gone in on Garry as he's a big game player and has an OK run to the final, and smaller bet on Taylor with a little bet on LEwis at 50. I'm really hoping I can have both players in 1/4 final's 2&3 (Taylor/Lewis and Garry Jelle Klassen) to gte myself half of the final 4, If Micheal Smith can get past James Wade in the 3rd Round then that would be great too, then I've got 2 shots to take Peter Wright out.

Peter Wright is easily the biggest dent in my attack, if he rips through the bottom half and ends up in the final vs MVG then we've offocially had a shocker, tempting to have a 1er on him at 14 just to cancel the risk but this isn't how men gamble.

Got a coup too in rd Qualifier vs Joe Cullen  at 7/4 on PP.

Nakor
Tinca Tinca

Serve the spider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #460 on: December 13, 2016, 12:50:09 PM »

Its the best thing about any Christmas.

Would love to see White reproduce his floor form for once on the big stage and rip through the bottom half, but can't see past Wright, settling on set of darts has seen a real upturn in his scoring and finishing, think he a real runner this year - Que Mardles voice "well Peter seems to have changed his set up again".

Really like Peterson Rd 1 vs Beaton.

Beaton's practice form is good, but Peterson has been based over here for a while and playing the tour full time.  He has some real damage in his scoring and should be too strong for Beaton.
I have also opposed Michael Smith in the first round - he has been rank average all year, the better player of the two for sure but can't have him odds on against most of the draw this year with current form.  Double pays 6/1 ish.

Will also oppose Bunting on form would like to have seen van den burgh in any other section of the draw as he seems a real talent but draw most inhibitive for the lad.

I look forward to you convincing me to back Whitlock vs MVG - Simon is on the way back there is no doubt but it might just be a few months too early.

#lovethedarts

Shit post Nakor, such a clown.

What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #461 on: December 24, 2016, 05:09:47 PM »

Ha naks, I did actually spend ~20 minutes thinking about a bet I could suggest you with Whitlock to beat MVG Smiley

I've started to lose friends suggesting people opose MVG Cheesy

How's it gone for you so far?

Nakor
Tinca Tinca

Serve the spider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #462 on: December 24, 2016, 05:40:17 PM »

My insightful, data backed approach has not exactly been printing money. Some outrageous punting on the local boys (Norfolk) has kept me afloat to be honest.
Sadly they not likely to get much further so will probably end up with two losing approaches', going to be fun no matter what though.
Webster to beat MVG it is then Wink
Have a good Christmas and may 17 be the year you conquer the smoke.

Shit post Nakor, such a clown.

What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #463 on: December 25, 2016, 09:40:43 AM »

Just the two losing approaches?! Sounds very nitty, I still believe that Garry's gonna stop MVG, lets see how much I still believe when it's Garry Vs MVG and i'm considering some greening up Cheesy

Click to see full-size image.

I'm out of the top 1/4 completely MVG can have that, sure there's plenty of potential danger for him but I reckon him having a bit of a mini meltdown/cracking up in the face of a freakishly good performance from someone else is the only way he's not getting to the semi's. If he does bust though there's going to be big green all over my screen Smiley

I think that i'd have to run insane bad not to have his opponent in the semis. Not sure who I'd rather have him play tbh, Barney has a real thing about playing MVG, like he knows he'll never compete with him over a season on the tour but can still turn him over on TV, like a "you're not the king just yet son" thing. MVG seems to relish the chance to beat Taylor on TV anytime, and who knows with Lewis, he could beat MVG 6-2 in the semi's or he could lose 6-0 again (I was on him massive that year) as long as I have one of them!!!!!!!! Who's going to spoil it for me? Huybrechts maybe, meh doubt it.

From the second semi, I'm obviously hoping that Garry will be there, hopefully he plays Jelle Klassen in the 1/4 for a bit of back-up for me, I've got a small bet on Ian White off screen at like 500-1 so lets hope we can get a White/Smith 1/4 (most likely be Wade/Wright) I might end up with Anderson/Klassen and White/Smith and have the whole of the bottom half and be gtd a sweat in the final Smiley Then i can sit back and enjoy the sweat of whoever I have playing MVG in the semi!!!!

That would be nice, Darts betting eh, what could possibly go wrong!

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #464 on: December 25, 2016, 09:45:29 AM »

Oh there's the added sweat the betting site does it's absolute conks if MVG wins as well lol

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 ... 52 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: