blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:11:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272588 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  lil dave's lil life
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 ... 52 Go Down Print
Author Topic: lil dave's lil life  (Read 219643 times)
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #465 on: December 25, 2016, 12:32:31 PM »

Merry Christmas to yourself and Laura, all aboard the MVG anti rail!

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #466 on: December 29, 2016, 11:58:26 AM »

Well Merry Xmas blonde, hope everyone had a good few days - personally I'm always glad it's over Tongue Just a little 2-way 7.5hr drive to cornwall for NYE to get out of the way then it's over and I can get back to work

All going to plan I guess in the darts, today's a huge day though for my bets.

If we can get Taylor and Klaasen through today then I'll have both players in 1/4final 2&3 and be gtd a player in each semi final. If we can get Smith past James Wade and Ian White past PEter Wright (which i appreciate will be a tall order) then I'll have both players in 1/4 final #4 and be gtd a player in the final and 2 cracks at MVG!

Come on the DARRRRRRRRRRRRTS!!!

HutchGF

View Profile
« Reply #467 on: December 29, 2016, 02:47:29 PM »

Think you might need more than two cracks at MvG mate. Heart of a champion against Reyes the other night. He took everything he threw at him and came back with more.

Love the darts!
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #468 on: December 29, 2016, 11:40:43 PM »

Think you might need more than two cracks at MvG mate. Heart of a champion against Reyes the other night. He took everything he threw at him and came back with more.

Love the darts!

Yes I worry that 20 cracks might not be enough Sad however, two cracks is all I have, so two cracks will have to do!!!!

In reality, it's only garry that can stop him I think.

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #469 on: January 13, 2017, 02:14:37 PM »

Happy 2017 everyone!

So turns out that this little bald dutch fella is really rather good at darts, i felt that 8/11 pre tournament was too short so elected to oppose him by trying to get on anyone who would face him in the semi and final.

Semi + Final combined, 18 sets, average 111, 40% of legs won in 12 or less darts, I would say that it's close to unbeatable. He took out 86 S18, T18, at 2-2 in set 4 with Garry on 40 to go go 3-1 up if he missed that particular double, and Garry took out the D20 then we might have had a totally different final, as it happened it was a landslide and 8/11 was a print from the offset, I wasn't in for much money overall so let it ride on Garry because I wanted him to win and felt like gambling. Another day, another darts bet, another Pot Noodle for dinner - can't wait to the Premier League Smiley.

Christmas was pretty cool, we spent NYE in a private log cabin in Cornwall, jacuzzi on the terrace drinking champagne watching the fireworks, was a really lovely evening. Got to play with my new toy (well, Laura's Xmas present) Alexa - amazon echo Cheesy

A little update on the London move, morale hit the stone bottom over the housing situation, it all started great as we snap got it sorted, then the landlord asks if we'd cancel the deal as he wanted to live there, being an obliging sort of bloke and at this point harbouring under the impression that it wouldn't be an issue to find somewhere new i accepted. The next 6 weeks ended up being really frustrating, lead me to become very sceptical of the agencies, we had one incident which disturbed me greatly. I'd love to hear what people think of this....

We'd agreed (or so i thought) to pay 6 months up front and then monthly from then on, this was on Wednesday afternoon, so they asked me to sign the agreement and send the money, ~£15k, I signed the documents but said I'd send the money on Friday as i was in london, needed to move money from my EURO account to cover it all (been doing some work for a company in montenegro who pay in euros) and I didnt have my card reader either until i was back in Leeds. Given this was December 14th and the tenancy wanst due to start until February 7th I wouldn't have thought waiting 36 hours for the money was a problem. Over the next 24 hours i was HOUNDED to send the money, "The Landlord is getting so nervous that you haven't paid yet" "Is it not possible to send like £6 or 7 grand now?" "Can you not ask you parents to send and you pay them back?" I ended up putting my foot down and just saying, I'll send the money Friday morning END of DISCUSSION.

Thursday night I got home and had an email from them asking for more information on my references because the landlord wasn't happy yet that I was able to pay the last 6 months... I thought we had a deal, so I ring up and they tell me the landlord hasn't i) signed the agreement yet, or ii) even agreed to the payment terms yet.... And they've been hounding me for 24 hours to pay £15k - I've never dealt with a contract in my life where you pay before both parties have signed. Proof of funds - sure, a deposit with an escrow - of course, but pay in full before the other person has even agreed, whilst the paying party was deliberately lead to believe the deal was done. That's really dodgy right? Anyone interested i property can tell me this is a kosher way to conduct yourselves?

Finally got it sorted anyway, cool place in Bermondsey so all's good.

Had a look around the job market but decided against it, got offered a few things - Uber Eats possibly the most interesting one but they weren't interested in a commission only no fixed hours arrangement and frankly I just didn't like the concept enough to dedicate myself to it full time. Spent the majority of December networking away down there to see what kind of stuff i could do as an extension of my business here and already had a fair bit of interest for some small projects and got involved almost instantly with a couple of reallly cool people to organise a pop-up project in the Spring.  Combine this with the betting site and another couple of bits I've got going on I reckon London is going to be fine. 

I like my freedom and I think i'm going to cling onto it, for the time being at least! Might even play some poker, who knows Smiley

Have a great 2017 everyone!

vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #470 on: January 13, 2017, 07:08:59 PM »

Happy 2017 everyone!

A little update on the London move, morale hit the stone bottom over the housing situation, it all started great as we snap got it sorted, then the landlord asks if we'd cancel the deal as he wanted to live there, being an obliging sort of bloke and at this point harbouring under the impression that it wouldn't be an issue to find somewhere new i accepted. The next 6 weeks ended up being really frustrating, lead me to become very sceptical of the agencies, we had one incident which disturbed me greatly. I'd love to hear what people think of this....

We'd agreed (or so i thought) to pay 6 months up front and then monthly from then on, this was on Wednesday afternoon, so they asked me to sign the agreement and send the money, ~£15k, I signed the documents but said I'd send the money on Friday as i was in london, needed to move money from my EURO account to cover it all (been doing some work for a company in montenegro who pay in euros) and I didnt have my card reader either until i was back in Leeds. Given this was December 14th and the tenancy wanst due to start until February 7th I wouldn't have thought waiting 36 hours for the money was a problem. Over the next 24 hours i was HOUNDED to send the money, "The Landlord is getting so nervous that you haven't paid yet" "Is it not possible to send like £6 or 7 grand now?" "Can you not ask you parents to send and you pay them back?" I ended up putting my foot down and just saying, I'll send the money Friday morning END of DISCUSSION.

Thursday night I got home and had an email from them asking for more information on my references because the landlord wasn't happy yet that I was able to pay the last 6 months... I thought we had a deal, so I ring up and they tell me the landlord hasn't i) signed the agreement yet, or ii) even agreed to the payment terms yet.... And they've been hounding me for 24 hours to pay £15k - I've never dealt with a contract in my life where you pay before both parties have signed. Proof of funds - sure, a deposit with an escrow - of course, but pay in full before the other person has even agreed, whilst the paying party was deliberately lead to believe the deal was done. That's really dodgy right? Anyone interested i property can tell me this is a kosher way to conduct yourselves?

Hi Dave

No, it certainly isn't a way to conduct any sort of kosher lettings agency, but very common in London. Good job you didn't pay in the end 'cos they would have screwed you with made up fees too. 
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #471 on: January 13, 2017, 07:23:57 PM »

avoid foxtons

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
dwayne110

View Profile
« Reply #472 on: January 13, 2017, 07:54:59 PM »

Need to be very careful in London with renting, I was shown a flat which looked ideal, the guy showed me this garden but then gave me this look and honestly felt like a shark/fox was sizing me up, lol

He then gave me a 'contract' and asked me to transfer £300 to his personal bank account that night, and before signing the contract, to 'hold' the property from further marketing.

The school boy error he made was giving me his correct name, which upon googling showed up a history of scamming would-be tenants out of £'000s ... tried to let a property behind the true owners backs, as an example. Be careful and cautious is all I'd say!
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #473 on: January 13, 2017, 08:08:22 PM »

avoid foxtons

Not sure how they have lasted so long.  Guess there is always fresh meat in London.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #474 on: January 13, 2017, 09:18:03 PM »

that particular incident was with Foxton's Balham office.

Actually had another sour incident with them, just after my first option fell through I was umming and arring between a property in Battersea, and a property in Putney. I eventually went for Putney, but found myself in competition with another person but LUCKY me my offer was accepted. I get a call from battersea saying that the putney office has advised the landlord not to accept my offer, leaving me free to rent in battersea.

I got a call from Putney saying that this was not true...

Felt hugely like i was being conspired against. So i left both of them.

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #475 on: January 14, 2017, 09:56:18 AM »

Happy 2017 everyone!

Hi Dave

No, it certainly isn't a way to conduct any sort of kosher lettings agency, but very common in London. Good job you didn't pay in the end 'cos they would have screwed you with made up fees too. 

Thanks mate - I knew it was wrong, really pisses me off when you get "but that's just how we do things in London" like i'm some northerner born yday.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #476 on: January 14, 2017, 10:04:11 AM »

Happy 2017 everyone!

Hi Dave

Thanks mate - I knew it was wrong, really pisses me off when you get "but that's just how we do things in London" like i'm some northerner born yday.

Not to be rude, like, Dave, but you are from Northern parts, & do look about 11 years old....

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #477 on: January 14, 2017, 10:21:25 AM »

Teacake!

That picture is 6 years old, I have a beard (of sorts) now!!!

Click to see full-size image.

That look like a man fooled by some 25yr girl from Shropshire telling me what the "norm" is with these things. NOT THIS TIME FOXTONS, try another northern mug Wink

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #478 on: January 14, 2017, 11:16:03 AM »

I don't want to sound like a bitter old bloke, but I really do miss the old poker days enormously.

Went down to Leeds Gala today, since become Westgate Grosvenor, since become Leeds G. First time in 8 month I've stepped foot in the place and i barely recognised the joint, swanky chrome railings, 15 different types of vodka, 5 different types of tonic. Crazy stuff.

Found myself sitting with Laurence Gosney and reminiscing about poker in Leeds 6-9 years ago, £5/£5 NL Mondays & Fridays @ Naps run by crazy Faz, £1/£2 NLHE every night at Gala and £5/£5 PLO on Sundays, seem like small games but any game at naps with >£25k on the table would have been considered a weak game and people winning and losing £5-£10k in a night was not uncommon. Pretty much EVERY NIGHT of the week too, was very exciting.

I see the same faces about here and there these days, but it's not the same Sad what a fantastic age I had to grow up as a poker player in Leeds, I know it's just not the same for kids 18-20 starting out nowadays and that's one thing that I have to consider myself VERY VERY lucky for. Had dinner with one of the protagonists from the glory days the other day and made me remember just how often I used to be sat there in a £1/£2 NLHE with £4000 with about £500 in cash behind me, used to do ridiculous things like c/r bluffing rivers for 2x my net worth behind my stack. Funny times.

As the years went on I used to play very high stakes poker games comfortably bankrolled and it just was NOT as much fun. Then I played high stakes games not comfortably bankrolled, and that was no where near as much fun either. Poker bug is defo coming back, defo going to have a go in London I think on a small scale, start off small and see if I can run a few quid then have a proper go. I'm not going to get really stuck in because I have things to do in London and gambling too much can affect your mental state negatively (speshly if you lose Tongue )

Just the little matter of settling the divorce with Middy (who gets the 60" LED Smart-Kids) and moving all my stuff (Laura's stuff...) to London.

MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #479 on: January 18, 2017, 09:44:31 PM »

I miss the old poker days so bad too mate.

Think maths killed everything really.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 ... 52 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: