blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 04:02:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273128 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Strictly Come Dancing 2015 cleaning up at the bookies thread
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 31 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Strictly Come Dancing 2015 cleaning up at the bookies thread  (Read 41706 times)
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2015, 09:19:41 PM »

From what I saw in that group dance, we may have done our money on Ogogo already Sad

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2015, 09:21:58 PM »

didn't look good

katie derham looked an interesting celeb

plenty of natural rhythm, loves the show, got anton

very rare for an anton partnership tp get knocked out early no matter how bad....

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2015, 09:22:43 PM »

I think Anton might be in with a chance this year, Katie at 40/1, seems decent.
edgascoigne

Newbury Racecourse's Best Dressed Gent. And What?

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2015, 09:23:55 PM »

At the risk of egg on the face, Jay McGuinness is the most sure fire lay I have ever seen unless he is sand bagging the betting public.

Allez!!
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2015, 09:25:22 PM »

At the risk of egg on the face, Jay McGuinness is the most sure fire lay I have ever seen unless he is sand bagging the betting public.

going to watch that group dance again

he looked atrocious. but he's a pop singer, hwo can he be that bad?

My eyes are open wide
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2015, 09:26:26 PM »

Jamelia seems like she can throw a few moves
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2015, 09:34:59 PM »

If you want Katie - get on at 40/1 at Beteveryday - price crashing elsewhere
edgascoigne

Newbury Racecourse's Best Dressed Gent. And What?

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2015, 09:38:03 PM »

Didn't even need the group dance. Watch how he walks on to have his partner announced. Bless him, but he has less rhythmn than me, and that is cause for serious concern.

Allez!!
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2015, 09:42:52 PM »

If you want Katie - get on at 40/1 at Beteveryday - price crashing elsewhere

got a small amount on at 50s when i posted

watch her be useless at latin now

My eyes are open wide
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2015, 09:43:19 PM »

J

Didn't even need the group dance. Watch how he walks on to have his partner announced. Bless him, but he has less rhythmn than me, and that is cause for serious concern.

He says he is terrible himself.  Sure I put him up as a lay the other day.  Long since laid him at 6 and a bit/1.  Jamelia looks good.

Just saw a fella called simon on X factor from the Isle of man, don't know his surname.  Going to be having a look.  He looked good on the first line, got better.   Pls be a price later.  

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2015, 09:50:05 PM »

Katie looks a bet.

If you can get the 10/1,Jamelia with b365 e/w, you just have to

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2015, 12:19:26 AM »

Just had a lol at the fact Paddy Power have Daniel O'Donnell at 9/1.

Even Coral will give you 40/1 - PP really taking no risks with the local money.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2015, 12:35:21 AM »

J

He says he is terrible himself.  Sure I put him up as a lay the other day.  Long since laid him at 6 and a bit/1.  Jamelia looks good.

Just saw a fella called simon on X factor from the Isle of man, don't know his surname.  Going to be having a look.  He looked good on the first line, got better.   Pls be a price later.  

Fella on X factor is simon lynch.  Betfair is easily the best at 15.5.   Most of that money on him so far is mine so don't assume he is v popular.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2015, 11:15:40 AM »

No-one over 40 has ever won. Only one over 50 has finished in top 3.

nice correlation graph for you

My eyes are open wide
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2015, 10:08:34 PM »

I have at last caught up with the show and here are my immediate observations, in no particular order:

- In recent years, the producers have gone for names and, increasingly,  for comedy in their selections of celebrity contestants. This year, there aren't outrageously ridiculous candidates, no figures of complete farce and no hugely overweight folk. Whilst it's true that anyone can learn to dance, not just anyone can win a tv dancing competition.

- O'Donnell didn't exactly set the competition alight, coming across rather damp. Could be nerves but he looked like an elderly man at his granddaughter's 21st birthday party, watching awkwardly as the young folk get rowdy on the dance floor. Partner was an inspired choice. He will be in the competition until mid to late November. Whether the judges like it or not.

- Otherwise, whether it was just the pre-match pinot or not, the cast seemed a really good natured bunch, with a dark sense of humour and not taking themselves too seriously, which is great news.

- Ainsley is going to be great fun, right up to the moment he isn't. In Natalie, he has someone whose strength is what looks to be his weakness: ballroom.

- Ola looked still to be struggling from her injuries, as her legs looked a little bent in the pro dancers' opening cha cha in the studio. Might just have been me, but that was the impression I had anyway.

- A few of the professionals seem to have been carrying a few summer pounds, while Brendan Cole looks as trim as I've seen him for several years. A few weeks to get sharpened up so no dramas but always interesting to see who's up for the series.

- There's a new pro who is Italian, loves himself, has independently moving eyebrows and is a devil for the ladies. Sound familiar? No, well they put him with the small, cute soap actress who was wearing a bright green dress that looked like a lampshade cover.

Click to see full-size image.

- Gleb. That's just obscene. No one should look like that and have talent. It's specifically that principle that means I don't feel bad about being rubbish at stuff. It's what helps me through my failures. Don't start coming here with your face and ability to dance, thank you.

- Peter Andre can dance but we knew that already.

- The Winkleman continues to rock.

- Gallacher has an ideal partner in Brendan. I was concerned about the height difference but 7.5 inches should be compensated by a decent pair of heels.

- Iwan Thomas ran around like an excited puppy. If he can learn to convert that into actions done in time to music, who knows?

- Surprise of the group dance was Katie Derham, who looked like she had excellent timing and good movement. In Anton, she has a safe pair of hands, although Anton winning seems a distant hope now; his latin simply isn't strong enough.

All in all, lots to look forward to.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 31 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: