blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 02:25:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273128 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Strictly Come Dancing 2015 cleaning up at the bookies thread
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 31 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Strictly Come Dancing 2015 cleaning up at the bookies thread  (Read 41704 times)
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 25, 2015, 10:38:27 PM »

Anita had a very tricky cha cha after flitting about at the start.

Very well handled apart from a couple of wrong steps. Really lively and good hips.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 25, 2015, 10:39:52 PM »

I think Gleb could turn me.  My word.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 25, 2015, 10:40:38 PM »

The best opening night of any series. No question. Lots of potential on display. Judges were fair throughout in comments and marks.

Roll on tomorrow!

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 25, 2015, 10:43:16 PM »

I think Gleb could turn me.  My word.

It's like looking in a mirror, isn't it?

Be interesting to see how good his ballroom is.

The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 25, 2015, 11:46:44 PM »

Dear

Oh

Dear.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Tonji
They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: September 26, 2015, 12:54:21 AM »

Helen is going to get pummelled on her footwork.  Barely a heel in sight.

Daughter convinced me to put a tenner on her. Will watch later

http://www.photonet.org.uk/

They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 26, 2015, 11:25:12 AM »

Tal, will your weekly tips be appearing on TfT or here? Planning on crushing this series.

Derek McGovern has put Georgia May Foote up for first one out at 33-1 (40-1 is available). Thoughts?

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 26, 2015, 11:58:11 AM »

Tal, will your weekly tips be appearing on TfT or here? Planning on crushing this series.

Derek McGovern has put Georgia May Foote up for first one out at 33-1 (40-1 is available). Thoughts?

Will post on TfT, as I understand they won't place bets for Fred unless they're on the thread. However this will be a thread where anyone can put their thoughts so worth sticking around. I'll definitely be chewing the fat here, so I'd be grateful for anything people have to say (not you, Camel Cheesy)

I definitely like people who really understand markets to be involved. Teamwork is what gets us rich.

Haven't seen Georgia May Foote dance yet. She goes tonight. In the little clip of her early training on the iPlayer, she looked like she was doing a pretty fast and technical jive, by week one standards, which will be to this:

It has an easy to pick up beat (you're counting one-a-two in a slightly skippy style) and she should be able to get through it. Next week, she will have a ballroom dance and, off memory, I can't remember any woman going after a ballroom week one. Maybe Gloria Huniford with Darren Bennett series 3?

Edit. Nope. Even she made it through two eliminations. Siobhan Hayes went out week one after a shocker of a waltz with Matthew Cutler. So it has been done.

Georgia May does have 250,000 twitterettes and goes out with the (now former) baddie from Corrie, Sean "Callum" Ward. She'll get support next week whatever she does this week.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 12:04:43 PM by Tal » Logged

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 26, 2015, 12:11:32 PM »

for a first week i thought the standard was extremely high last night.

first to exit market

got to remember that a big thing in this is who has exposure to the public regularly

for example carol kirkwood is going to struggle but she is HUGELY popular with the type of people that vote

Jeremy vine, going to struggle, but has a daily radio 2 show where he can schmaltz to the type of people who vote

if you are on breakfast tv, daily radio,loose women etc you have a marginal advantage compared to someone with no outlet to be seen

if you are in the judges bottom two and popular, you attract votes. just outside, and people aren't compelled to vote

i'm looking for an alternative to the two favourites in this market

http://www.oddschecker.com/tv/strictly-come-dancing/1st-elimination

everything i see tells me that jay mcguinness can't dance, isn't enjoying it and he's a 33/1 poke to go first

the band haven't had a hit since 2013, aren't in the consciousness of the voters and he has no platform to appeal for votes

interested to see if he struggles tonight and have a stray tenner on now on the off chance the price really tumbles

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 26, 2015, 12:12:07 PM »

i still can't get over what a charismatic couple anita and gleb were. 

My eyes are open wide
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 26, 2015, 01:07:57 PM »

Am a bit peeved, thought she'd do well and never pulled the trigger. Unfortunately Jamelia has drifted badly.   Am going to be ready to steam in again if she starts well tonight.

Think you are absolutely right on Jay.  Looks a huge price, and will back you up.  I laid him on betfair v early.  Suggest £15 with Korals for thread. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 26, 2015, 01:32:52 PM »

Am a bit peeved, thought she'd do well and never pulled the trigger. Unfortunately Jamelia has drifted badly.   Am going to be ready to steam in again if she starts well tonight.

Think you are absolutely right on Jay.  Looks a huge price, and will back you up.  I laid him on betfair v early.  Suggest £15 with Korals for thread.  

Be careful on Jay. He's very very nervous but has dance experience:

He's in the blue union jack hoodied to start with, then comes back on about half way through in a tight black vest, before doing some lifts. It's not very musical but it's clearly heavily rehearsed and he will likely be growing into the show if he doesn't go early.

He's been training in shorts, which is not ideal, but Aliona will be eager not to get Jacklinned again. She will know Jay would be an attractive choice for the Strictly Tour if she can get him through a few weeks and that is worth an extra £60k to the pros, it is rumoured.  

That said, he may be a value outsider to walk first. One for Fred?

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 26, 2015, 01:36:06 PM »

Am a bit peeved, thought she'd do well and never pulled the trigger. Unfortunately Jamelia has drifted badly.   Am going to be ready to steam in again if she starts well tonight.

Think you are absolutely right on Jay.  Looks a huge price, and will back you up.  I laid him on betfair v early.  Suggest £15 with Korals for thread.  

Be careful on Jay. He's very very nervous but has dance experience:

He's in the blue union jack hoodied to start with, then comes back on about half way through in a tight black vest, before doing some lifts. It's not very musical but it's clearly heavily rehearsed and he will likely be growing into the show if he doesn't go early.

He's been training in shorts, which is not ideal, but Aliona will be eager not to get Jacklinned again. She will know Jay would be an attractive choice for the[size=102pt] Strictly Tour [/size]if she can get him through a few weeks and that is worth an extra £60k to the pros, it is rumoured.  

That said, he may be a value outsider to walk first. One for Fred?

What is this "Strictly Tour"?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 26, 2015, 01:39:32 PM »

the programme runs sept-dec

pros get about £50k a run, celebs similar

8 celebs then go on the live tour that runs jan-mar round arenas etc

worth more £££ to the celebs and pros.

to get selected onto the tour you have to go deep in the live run, for starters

My eyes are open wide
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 26, 2015, 01:40:03 PM »

A select few couples do a few arena gigs. It's very difficult to get in the audience for the live shows, so it gives a chance to the thousands of unsuccessful applicants to see a mock show. You get some good ones and a couple of comedy bad ones, with usually three of the judges. Different winner each night, etc.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 31 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: