blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:41:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make you STRONG
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 ... 282 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make you STRONG  (Read 535314 times)
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1155 on: July 12, 2016, 11:26:33 AM »

End of week 5   2.5lb loss ( 9.5lb in total to date) , 3.5lb to go, although I can see exactly where that 3.5lb is attached to my body.

So I imagine I will get to my weight loss target my the time I complete T25, I have 6 more full weeks to go, but its running I prefer and something I will move back to gradually.

With that in mind here are my 1km splits on the few runs I have squeezed in over the last few weeks.

Date         1km   2km  3km  4km  5km

08 Jun    6.43   7.20
26 Jun   6.45   6.51
27 Jun   5.24   5.18
29 Jun   5.17   5.09
04 Jul        5.05   5.10
06 Jul   4.47   5.03
07 Jul   6.14   6.54   6.50

For a bit of balance my best for 1km is 3.57 which I hit some 18 months ago.

Weekend off for recovery then back on it.

Steve

Good stuff Steve. Do t focus on lbs focus on the process. Weight fluctuates too much for the average person. Focus on good food and good movement then when you're being consistent 90%+ we can talk about weight loss.

Keep it up.
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: July 12, 2016, 11:30:12 AM »

Starting a bit of a trimming down phase today. Nothing too drastic but it involves a slight reduction in daily calories and also getting back on the T25 programme.

I've got a holiday booked for the end of September so that gives me twelve weeks to hit any goals I set. Main one will be a reduction in my waistline which has crept up to 36.5" without me really noticing.

Calorie cuts come from the following:

Evening meal:
Reduce rice/pasta down to 30g from 40g = 35 cals
2 pitta breads instead of 3 = 143 cals
75g sauce instead of 125g = 53 cals

Other:
No more 30g daily scoop of peanut butter = 183 cals
No protein powder in evening shake = 92 cals

Total saving = 506 calories

Pretty huge saving without having to put any effort in whatsoever  so I'm hoping that combined with the T25 will see some significant results.

Wasn't too sure about this but I've taken a 'before' picture. I've never been in to photos but Eso and Sicilian have lead the way so I figured why not.....

Can't post the pic just yet as I've forgotten my photobucket password (yeah right of course you have....) but hopefully I'll remember it in about twelve weeks and be able to post up a full set.

Such a different mentality isn't it. I can get 500-1000 kcals a day from snacks no problem. It's great for when you're dieting as its low hanging fruit. Just have to make sure you're as full as possible. Breaking the habit of just going to get X is tough. My blueberry bill goes up pretty high as I'm transitioning to no snacking.

Training staying the same?
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: July 12, 2016, 08:13:03 PM »

Such a different mentality isn't it. I can get 500-1000 kcals a day from snacks no problem. It's great for when you're dieting as its low hanging fruit. Just have to make sure you're as full as possible. Breaking the habit of just going to get X is tough. My blueberry bill goes up pretty high as I'm transitioning to no snacking.

Training staying the same?

Yes training won't be changing for a while now as I'm really happy with the current split.

I've got a bit of a shoulder issue at the moment which is making training difficult. I'm not sure exactly what happens but it feels like it's popped out of its socket and doesn't want to go back in. It didn't stop me training this morning but it severely hindered my lifting ability.

I've got physio tomorrow so I'll train legs in the morning and then have Thursday and Friday off to hopefully give it time to heal.

I've now completed my first two days of T25 and I have to say it's a lot tougher than I remember. My fitness must be really poor at the moment but it should pick up pretty quick.

I'm not sure where I'm going to be squeezing press ups in around all this. I won't be doing any for a few days anyway because of the shoulder but I'm sure that once that's fixed I can get a hundred in per night just to keep them ticking over.

All good fun Smiley

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: July 14, 2016, 07:34:37 PM »

So I had a look through the dieting thread and found my results from last time I had a bit of a trim down. Extract below for reference:

7th April: Weight 15st 13lb. Waist 37" to 38.5"

14th April: Weight 15st 11 1/4lb. Waist 36.75" to 38.25"

21st April: Weight 15st 7 3/4lb. Waist 36.5" to 38"

28th April: Weight 15st 4 3/4lb. Waist 36.25" to 37.75"

5th May: Weight 15st 6lb. Waist 36" to 37.25"

12th May: Weight 15st 4lb. Waist 35.75" to 36.75"

19th May: Weight 15st 5 3/4lb. Waist 36" to 37.25"

26th May: Weight 15st 6lb. Waist 35.75" to 36.75"

2nd June: Weight 15st 2 3/4lb. Waist 35.5" to 36.5"

I've bought a set of scales so that I can monitor weight and waist measurement again so the above will be a good comparison.

Stats day will be Thursday at whatever time I get home from work. The waist measurement will always be 'best case' so abs tensed.

14th July: Weight 15st 7lb. Waist 36.5".

I only had 8 weeks last time I did this whereas this time I have 12. I had more to lose last time but also I wasn't fully fit so training was far from perfect. My diet before was much worse than now so it was easier to make big changes, this time there's just a few tweaks to drop a few hundred calories per day. Hopefully that combined with T25 will yield some decent results.

As before this won't be 100% strict it'll just be about being good most of the time. Tonight I'll be having a few pints and a huge curry and I won't beat myself up about it because I know that overall my diet is good.

I'm not changing my morning weight training at all. I'm hoping the reduction in calories won't have an adverse affect but that's yet to be seen. If I struggle I'll make some adjustments but I'll just adapt as and when necessary.

Here we go.......

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: July 14, 2016, 10:14:06 PM »

Good luck mate!

Had enough of Vegas now, and a month is definitely too long for me nowadays.

I'm looking forward to getting home and back into a routine again.

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: July 15, 2016, 07:06:20 PM »

I made a rather large bet yesterday with a friend of mine.

He's fit and in good shape. Takes eating and exercise very seriously without being obsessive.

He wanted to bet that by the end of July he would be able to do 150 consecutive push ups. (Chest doesnt need to touch the floor, just arms to 90 degrees and up again with straight legs/back).

He said he hasn't currently tried his maximum but he'd estimate that he can do around 80 as a max now.

Whose side do you like for a bet at even money?

He sent me a video today - anyone who is a reg in this thread that could spare 10 minutes to look at it and give me your thoughts on how many pressups you'd judge him to have made?

thanks

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: July 15, 2016, 10:48:44 PM »

Happy to have a look for you mate. Ten minutes though? How can 100 press ups take ten minutes?

Can't wait to see the video to be honest.

How's your ankle by the way? Seems ages since you did it. Are you back at the gym?

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: July 16, 2016, 02:02:40 AM »

Happy to have a look for you mate. Ten minutes though? How can 100 press ups take ten minutes?

How's your ankle by the way? Seems ages since you did it. Are you back at the gym?

just want an idea of how many you think he did which might take one or two watches of the video etc.

Foot is better now but haven't found a training groove since. Been very on and off and incredibly indisciplined with food. Just had a lad's holiday where I ate and drank a ridic amount and gained 4.5 kilos in 10 days.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: July 16, 2016, 02:51:12 AM »

just want an idea of how many you think he did which might take one or two watches of the video etc.

Foot is better now but haven't found a training groove since. Been very on and off and incredibly indisciplined with food. Just had a lad's holiday where I ate and drank a ridic amount and gained 4.5 kilos in 10 days.

This was my dream when i was bulking aha
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: July 16, 2016, 06:14:30 AM »

I can relate to the eating and drinking... Be interesting to see how much damage I've done in a month!

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: July 16, 2016, 11:51:06 AM »

Had a think about this last night. Obviously massive after timing but you should probably have got him to send a video of him doing 5 or 10 and agreed at that stage as to what qualified as a proper press up. One to consider for future props of this nature.

Are you wanting to get back in to it but just out of the routine? It too me ages to get back in to it following injury. Even when I was back I was still only many a token effort for a good few months.

Excellent effort on the bulking phase of your programme mate. Not many of us can achieve those sort of figures.

zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: July 16, 2016, 10:07:01 PM »

Thought I'd drop in with a quick update. I've been squatting twice a week for the last 6 weeks and the numbers are increasing niiiicely. I posted my pull workout here a little while back so thought I'd post my leg workout as well, and would love to hear from someone who feels like giving it a go Wink

Squats - 3x 5; 2x 3 - got this up to 130kg for a triple last night. Super happy with that
Box Jumps - AMAP @ hip height
Front Squats - 4x 8
Romanian Deadlift - 4x 8

Then we get into the strict 30 second rest periods.

Split Squat - 5x 10 each side
Good Mornings - 5x 10
Leg Press - 5x 10
Standing Calf - 5x 20
Seated Calf - 5x 20

It felt like my whole body was on fire, but in a really good way haha. Legs have really packed on some tissue with this high frequency nonsense Wink
Steve Swift

View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: July 16, 2016, 10:55:00 PM »

Half way on T25 so change over week.

Lost 1/2 lb this week, not surprised only managed one run, I have  a pain going through my back through to the rear of my right knee, hits more when getting up after sitting for a while. Tried running on it but no joy, might be a Doctor job.

On a more positive note another inch off my waist since last measurement a few weeks ago, so 5 weeks  left to lose 3 lb and another inch of the waist to hit target.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: July 17, 2016, 02:51:42 PM »

Thought I'd drop in with a quick update. I've been squatting twice a week for the last 6 weeks and the numbers are increasing niiiicely. I posted my pull workout here a little while back so thought I'd post my leg workout as well, and would love to hear from someone who feels like giving it a go Wink

Squats - 3x 5; 2x 3 - got this up to 130kg for a triple last night. Super happy with that
Box Jumps - AMAP @ hip height
Front Squats - 4x 8
Romanian Deadlift - 4x 8

Then we get into the strict 30 second rest periods.

Split Squat - 5x 10 each side
Good Mornings - 5x 10
Leg Press - 5x 10
Standing Calf - 5x 20
Seated Calf - 5x 20

It felt like my whole body was on fire, but in a really good way haha. Legs have really packed on some tissue with this high frequency nonsense Wink

Lol. No thanks Cheesy

How long does this take? Second part looks like about half an hour of complete hell to be honest.....

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: July 17, 2016, 02:56:56 PM »

Half way on T25 so change over week.

Lost 1/2 lb this week, not surprised only managed one run, I have  a pain going through my back through to the rear of my right knee, hits more when getting up after sitting for a while. Tried running on it but no joy, might be a Doctor job.

On a more positive note another inch off my waist since last measurement a few weeks ago, so 5 weeks  left to lose 3 lb and another inch of the waist to hit target.

Pain sounds like the old tight glute that everyone seems to suffer at some point. Do you ever go for physio? Find a decent one and I'm pretty sure they'll fix you whilst at the same time providing the most intense butt cheek pain ever!!

I found this just now whilst trying to work out how many calories I'm burning on T25: http://www.homeworkoutexpert.com/

Pretty much the sort of numbers I was expecting. Does it compare to what you thought you might be burning?

Pages: 1 ... 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 ... 282 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: