blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:43:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make you STRONG
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 ... 282 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make you STRONG  (Read 535328 times)
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1170 on: July 17, 2016, 04:25:02 PM »

One week in to my ripping plan and I've decided I need to be a bit careful about reducing the calories too much.

I've had a good read back through the old dieting thread and it looks like I was training a lot less last time I trimmed down whilst eating a similar amount.

I don't want to risk upsetting my morning training so I'm going to throw a few things back in such as the pitta breads and the 10g of rice that I dropped in the evening. Each pitta is only 146 calories but also has a decent 6g of protein so when I have 2 with a tin of tuna for lunch it makes a 42g protein meal with about 400 calories. Perfect really.

Having found a decent calculator to see what I'm burning on T25 it looks like it's about 350 calories per session. If I'm doing that 6 times per week combined with the 500 calories I'd worked out I could drop per day from my diet it's 5600 per week which seems way too many for someone who isn't exactly terrible anyway.

I'm going to add in a few extra protein shakes to help muscle recovery and just keep a close eye on things.

I reckon 35" waist should be achievable without doing anything too drastic.......

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: July 18, 2016, 01:08:09 AM »

Thought I'd drop in with a quick update. I've been squatting twice a week for the last 6 weeks and the numbers are increasing niiiicely. I posted my pull workout here a little while back so thought I'd post my leg workout as well, and would love to hear from someone who feels like giving it a go Wink

Squats - 3x 5; 2x 3 - got this up to 130kg for a triple last night. Super happy with that
Box Jumps - AMAP @ hip height
Front Squats - 4x 8
Romanian Deadlift - 4x 8

Then we get into the strict 30 second rest periods.

Split Squat - 5x 10 each side
Good Mornings - 5x 10
Leg Press - 5x 10
Standing Calf - 5x 20
Seated Calf - 5x 20

It felt like my whole body was on fire, but in a really good way haha. Legs have really packed on some tissue with this high frequency nonsense Wink

Lol. No thanks Cheesy

How long does this take? Second part looks like about half an hour of complete hell to be honest.....

The whole thing is an hour's work. The second part is about half an hour of complete hell! Smiley
Steve Swift

View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: July 18, 2016, 09:10:01 AM »

Half way on T25 so change over week.

Lost 1/2 lb this week, not surprised only managed one run, I have  a pain going through my back through to the rear of my right knee, hits more when getting up after sitting for a while. Tried running on it but no joy, might be a Doctor job.

On a more positive note another inch off my waist since last measurement a few weeks ago, so 5 weeks  left to lose 3 lb and another inch of the waist to hit target.

Pain sounds like the old tight glute that everyone seems to suffer at some point. Do you ever go for physio? Find a decent one and I'm pretty sure they'll fix you whilst at the same time providing the most intense butt cheek pain ever!!

I found this just now whilst trying to work out how many calories I'm burning on T25: http://www.homeworkoutexpert.com/

Pretty much the sort of numbers I was expecting. Does it compare to what you thought you might be burning?

Hi mate seems about right, I have always thought that running burnt more for me but am no expert.

FYI I had to bring forward the start to the 2nd half of the course because of work commitments so basically did Tuesdays session Yesterday it was Speed 2.0  OMG so much tougher than anything done to date, proper sweat on and whist I try to grind constantly I had to stop to catch breath more than I have ever before.  I think you have done this before so if you got this far you will know what I mean if you haven't.. ENJOY Smiley

When this is over I might cherry pick a few specific session to do perhaps once or twice a week.

BTW Knee is in a really painful state as I wake up this morning.... could be a game changer.

Steve
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 09:12:01 AM by Steve Swift » Logged
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: July 19, 2016, 12:31:03 AM »

Lost 1/2 lb this week, not surprised only managed one run, I have  a pain going through my back through to the rear of my right knee, hits more when getting up after sitting for a while. Tried running on it but no joy, might be a Doctor job.

On a more positive note another inch off my waist since last measurement a few weeks ago, so 5 weeks  left to lose 3 lb and another inch of the waist to hit target.

Pain sounds like the old tight glute that everyone seems to suffer at some point. Do you ever go for physio? Find a decent one and I'm pretty sure they'll fix you whilst at the same time providing the most intense butt cheek pain ever!!

I found this just now whilst trying to work out how many calories I'm burning on T25: http://www.homeworkoutexpert.com/

Pretty much the sort of numbers I was expecting. Does it compare to what you thought you might be burning?

Hi mate seems about right, I have always thought that running burnt more for me but am no expert.

FYI I had to bring forward the start to the 2nd half of the course because of work commitments so basically did Tuesdays session Yesterday it was Speed 2.0  OMG so much tougher than anything done to date, proper sweat on and whist I try to grind constantly I had to stop to catch breath more than I have ever before.  I think you have done this before so if you got this far you will know what I mean if you haven't.. ENJOY Smiley

When this is over I might cherry pick a few specific session to do perhaps once or twice a week.

BTW Knee is in a really painful state as I wake up this morning.... could be a game changer.

Steve

I never got past the first level so can't comment on the speed 2.0 but I've watched it and it looks ridiculous. To be honest I don't really think I need to push myself that far unless I start to find level one easy and I really can't see that happening. I'll probably run through it twice and that'll be it for a while so level one will always leave me knackered.

Have you thought about trying the stretch routine for a few weeks to see if that helps with your issues? When I was recovering from my dodgy back I did 'stretch' every night for a good few months and it really helped. Knowing what I now know from lots of physio a lot of your problems will probably come from somewhere other than where the pain is and are most likely due to lack of mobility. For example I had a really bad knee a few months ago which was actually caused by tight quads, my recent calf problems have been from the soles of my feet and my dodgy wrist actually starts at my shoulder blade. Get yourself a decent physio, it'll be money well spent.

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: July 19, 2016, 06:21:10 PM »

Weighed myself yesterday expecting the worst, but actually lost ~10lbs in Vegas, and weighed in at just under 224.

First time I've been close to 16stone for a good while, that's for sure.

Slept for 12 hours the first night home, and thought that would be me set... Wrong!

Have been struggling for the last couple nights, which is annoying, and hopefully will settle down before I start back in the gym on Monday.

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: July 19, 2016, 10:55:25 PM »

3x3 at 100, pause bench with no spot today. Very pleased.

4x6 squats yesterday 95/97.5. Felt good, no weak reps and good range. Pleasing week so far.

but my proudest is a 6 second handstand hold. The alignment is awful, but I hung around unassisted for six seconds. Just the six and a half months work.

Just front squats on the heavy side to do this week. 5x3 looking at 95.
Steve Swift

View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: July 19, 2016, 11:30:39 PM »

Steve

I never got past the first level so can't comment on the speed 2.0 but I've watched it and it looks ridiculous. To be honest I don't really think I need to push myself that far unless I start to find level one easy and I really can't see that happening. I'll probably run through it twice and that'll be it for a while so level one will always leave me knackered.

Have you thought about trying the stretch routine for a few weeks to see if that helps with your issues? When I was recovering from my dodgy back I did 'stretch' every night for a good few months and it really helped. Knowing what I now know from lots of physio a lot of your problems will probably come from somewhere other than where the pain is and are most likely due to lack of mobility. For example I had a really bad knee a few months ago which was actually caused by tight quads, my recent calf problems have been from the soles of my feet and my dodgy wrist actually starts at my shoulder blade. Get yourself a decent physio, it'll be money well spent.

Cheers for the response mate.  Strangely enough the T25 is causing me too many issues form a knee pain POV when I hit an exercise that pulls on it a bit I just ease off. Added a bit of exercise bike in lieu of the running just to keep the cals burn going.

Will look  at a physio so thanks for that.

Really enjoying beta so far prefer to alpha at the moment, doubt its because I much more advanced having completed the first part it  seems more cardio  which I prefer.

Saturday weigh in edging closer if I have a blinding rest of the week I might do my target, fingers crossed.

Steve
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: July 20, 2016, 01:59:23 AM »

Weighed myself yesterday expecting the worst, but actually lost ~10lbs in Vegas, and weighed in at just under 224.

Slept for 12 hours the first night home, and thought that would be me set... Wrong!

Have been struggling for the last couple nights, which is annoying, and hopefully will settle down before I start back in the gym on Monday.

RESULT

Whenever I have gone to Vegas with the boys I always lose weight. Probs helped by me hitting the gym hard when i'm there. Clothes must be falling off ya
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: July 20, 2016, 11:44:51 AM »

RESULT

Whenever I have gone to Vegas with the boys I always lose weight. Probs helped by me hitting the gym hard when i'm there. Clothes must be falling off ya

I didn't go overboard on the booze this year, and was relatively sensible on the eating front, too.

I've got three wardrobes, so only the 2015 clothes are Cheesy

vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: July 20, 2016, 01:14:19 PM »

RESULT

I didn't go overboard on the booze this year, and was relatively sensible on the eating front, too.

Gotta pace yourself when you are there that long Cheesy
Do you think being in training mode pre going helped keep ya sensible?
3 wardrobes, you would make a good wife..haha
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: July 20, 2016, 01:55:37 PM »

RESULT

Call !!

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: July 20, 2016, 02:09:23 PM »

I tend to lose weight in Vegas as I can only eat one meal a day the portions are so big..bit fruit in the morning and I'm good...

Since Ive been back been hungry all the time.. just getting back into the routine again.. looking to break that 14 Stone barrier ..

Managed to keep my strength whilst away.. got a few workouts in.... fitness regressed a bit but banged out some heavy pyramid sets with the PT which was a bit of a surprise.

One of my biggest issues is with trainers..especially ones to run in as in recent times i have had issues with my lower calves getting strains and pulls... bought some of the super duper Nike running shoes whilst out in Vegas..virtually half price.. they are awesome.. so comfy and have good air suspension.. but they seem flimsy up top and side and I'm not comfortable running in them as I do mainly interval sprints.. i just seem to feel too much pressure in the lower leg.. i dug out an older pair of Nike that i had hardly worn and they were much better.. then my GF showed me some skechers she found with all sorts of super duper support..heel to toe support etc... Hmmm skechers.. not very hip... but in my quest for the 'ONE' in running shoe terms i thought id give it a go..listed at £94 on the skechers site.. went through the order process on the site but for some reason the complete order button was greyed out.. got pissed off and tried amazon.. £43.. oi oi result..they are super comfy..and look pretty snazzy too.. gave them their debut last night...

Verdict.. Fucking awesome Smiley

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: July 20, 2016, 04:59:47 PM »

Got trashed a couple nights, but I honestly think I drank less this trip, than I have in any of the last 3/4.

That said, I still managed a few drunken crashes, and got sent to bed a couple times by the barman Cheesy

I was much like yourself, and probably had about 20 fruit cups in the 2 weeks I was staying at the Nugget. They didn't have them in The D, so I went without for the last couple weeks.

I can't walk anyway, so trainers don't make much odds to me, lol. Glad you've managed to nail a decent pair, though Smiley

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: July 21, 2016, 06:44:46 PM »

2nd June: Weight 15st 2 3/4lb. Waist 35.5"

14th July: Weight 15st 7lb. Waist 36.5".

21st July: Weight 15st 10lb. Waist 36.25"

No idea why I've put 3lb on. To be honest I think it's more likely that last week was the odd weigh in rather than this week. Maybe I forgot to eat that day?

Anyway I'm happy with everything and there's a long way to go..... T25 time now Cheesy

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: July 21, 2016, 11:24:06 PM »

Think I'd sooner do the M25, than T25 Grin

Pages: 1 ... 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 ... 282 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: