blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:57:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make you STRONG
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 ... 282 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make you STRONG  (Read 535737 times)
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #1365 on: September 21, 2016, 11:32:32 AM »

Opinion...

woman i know in passing is ' a body builder ' shes in her forties ripped to shreds.. obv roided up to the eye balls... prob weighs 8.5 stone fairly slim..

keeps posting gym photos ( these kind of wind me up to start with )

Posted one.. standing next to leg press with 390KG on it boasting she can press it... im assuming 1 rep hero ...but..

I call bullshit... i can press 300kG for full sets of 10 and im fucking popping veins.. and my legs are built for leg press

Do we think she can do this or is she full of it ?

Yeah it is tough, I have seen a few girls rep 300, but like Matt says, the machines and angles play a huge roll person to person. Plus some people are just pretty dam strong. If its a photo you don't know the range of motion either. Guy in our gym racks up 200 on the smith machines, put the tech under him (matrix benches are so high compares to most) and he is about a foot and a half away from hitting it. A knee bend doesn't even do this justice. He must move around 2-3 inches, and on a few that is being generous. Yet I am sure he will tell people he squats 200 for 10.

Limb length as well, even if she uses full range, she might have less to go. But all that being said, massive achievement for her to rack up those kinda numbers and give it a go!

I am sceptical tbh... shes posted a picture before squatting but with a bench under her bum so obv cant squat fully and get it back up... i have a deep feeling its a i moved it two inches and that means i done it... tempted to ask for a video lol

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: September 21, 2016, 11:36:54 AM »

I could do 300kg when I was at school, so I can't see any reason why she wouldn't be able to.

Ask her to order you some Tren & Anavar, and go after 500 Grin

lol.. you noticed i said full sets of ten reps with full depth.. never even tested maximum but 300 is fairly comfortable and is followed by a super set of squat jumps ( now that burns ) im popping veins 25 reps in Smiley.. so im sure i can match the skinny girl.... phew ego restored... now dont make make me rack up 500 for a hero rep

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: September 21, 2016, 03:18:24 PM »

I could do 300kg when I was at school, so I can't see any reason why she wouldn't be able to.

lol.. you noticed i said full sets of ten reps with full depth.. never even tested maximum but 300 is fairly comfortable and is followed by a super set of squat jumps ( now that burns ) im popping veins 25 reps in Smiley.. so im sure i can match the skinny girl.... phew ego restored... now dont make make me rack up 500 for a hero rep

Haha, was more in reference to the possibility of her doing the 390.

I'll be happy if I ever get back to 300kg Cheesy

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: September 21, 2016, 05:46:55 PM »

He gets ever so defensive doesn't he....... Wink

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: September 21, 2016, 05:53:26 PM »

He gets ever so defensive doesn't he....... Wink

You all know im fragile Sad

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: September 21, 2016, 06:36:39 PM »

Opinion...

woman i know in passing is ' a body builder ' shes in her forties ripped to shreds.. obv roided up to the eye balls... prob weighs 8.5 stone fairly slim..

keeps posting gym photos ( these kind of wind me up to start with )

Posted one.. standing next to leg press with 390KG on it boasting she can press it... im assuming 1 rep hero ...but..

I call bullshit... i can press 300kG for full sets of 10 and im fucking popping veins.. and my legs are built for leg press

Do we think she can do this or is she full of it ?

Yeah it is tough, I have seen a few girls rep 300, but like Matt says, the machines and angles play a huge roll person to person. Plus some people are just pretty dam strong. If its a photo you don't know the range of motion either. Guy in our gym racks up 200 on the smith machines, put the tech under him (matrix benches are so high compares to most) and he is about a foot and a half away from hitting it. A knee bend doesn't even do this justice. He must move around 2-3 inches, and on a few that is being generous. Yet I am sure he will tell people he squats 200 for 10.

Limb length as well, even if she uses full range, she might have less to go. But all that being said, massive achievement for her to rack up those kinda numbers and give it a go!

I am sceptical tbh... shes posted a picture before squatting but with a bench under her bum so obv cant squat fully and get it back up... i have a deep feeling its a i moved it two inches and that means i done it... tempted to ask for a video lol

When someone makes big claims I think asking for a video is fine. Puts everything into context!

Some people are just freakishly strong though.
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: September 21, 2016, 06:39:15 PM »

As an aside ..

opinions of gym selfies.. ok.. or loathsome..

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: September 21, 2016, 06:55:19 PM »

As an aside ..

Better than night out duckface bathroom selfies.

At least these are of people who are proud of work they've put in etc.

Not to show off the tiles in Yates khazi, and how much makeup you've slapped on your boat.

the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: September 21, 2016, 07:21:55 PM »

As an aside ..

Not to show off the tiles in Yates khazi, and how much makeup you've slapped on your boat.

TBF  ive never known you to overdo your makeup Smiley...

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: September 21, 2016, 08:05:28 PM »

As an aside ..

TBF  ive never known you to overdo your makeup Smiley...

Take more than makeup to sort this grid out Grin

muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: September 24, 2016, 12:20:03 AM »

I'm off travelling from a couple of months. Let's say i wanted to be able to do the splits by the time i came back.

How would you recommend going about this?
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: September 24, 2016, 12:34:59 AM »

I'm off travelling from a couple of months. Let's say i wanted to be able to do the splits by the time i came back.

How would you recommend going about this?

IMO

Steve Swift

View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: September 24, 2016, 08:09:42 AM »

Hi all,

So I have bitten the bullet and entered the Hemel Hempstead super sprint triathlon taking place on Sunday 2 Oct.  It is part of the gotri events aimed at getting people to have a go so it should be fun.

Swim

400m or 16 lengths of a 25m pool. By far my weakest leg. When I started I could just about do a length and then a month ago I managed 3.5 lengths none stop, I am upto 7 now and when I go swimming later on today after my first rest day for yonks I hope that I can complete 10.

I still have a few training days yet so all is not lost. I am basically a poor swimmer but with knee issues saw this as an opportunity to keep training whist resting my knee a little.  Who knew there was so much to learn, who knew the importance of breathing whist doing the crawl. I have really enjoyed the studying and have seen some massive improvements in my technique and I hope to keep building on this.

Bike

8K, Strangely a very short distance even for an event like this,  a little disproportionate to the other disciplines but more than happy with this.  Again as above I have few bike skills     having never had a bike as a kid or really as an adult (had a mountain bike and did a little on this). So lots to learn, youtube rocks obviously.  So that is how you use gears, who knew.

Any way I have completed 3 rides at the distance and 1 x 30k Sunday ride, I confident that I will get round but as sorting out the swim leg is an obvious priority I focussed on that as 8k should be no issue.

Run

5K, last year i did a few park runs my best was 23 min ish, and when knee pain allows I have done a few 4k's, but this is the leg which I know will be difficult as I am not run fit at all and after the two other discipline will be tough. As a stand alone 5k I would expect to do 25/26 mins at the moment.

So can't swim or cycle and running not up to scratch....  lets do  tri Smiley

It is obviously an entry event from which i can go on and do the next level in summer if I fancy it, but really looking forward to this and am sure by hook or by crook I will get around.

Times

You really are forced to look at this as you are seeded in the swim and you deffo don't want to be held up in traffic and you deffo do not want loads of people over taking you. So after due consideration this is what I am hoping to do:

Swim 10 mins 40 secs  (40 sec a length)
Transition 1  3 mins
Cycle  20 mins (2 mins 30 secs per K)
Transition 2  1 min
Run 30 mins

Total  64 mins 40 secs

There is clearly a sub hour target blinking at me and I may knock off a bit on transition I may run a blinder, bike and swim are tight, so who knows.... or I could go over my ten minutes, first priority is, " don't drown".

I will post a TR after the event.

Gl all

Steve

« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 08:15:32 AM by Steve Swift » Logged
Steve Swift

View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: September 24, 2016, 08:18:00 AM »

Oh yes, press ups, don't think I have forgotten about you, I am coming to get you sorted straight after the tri, grrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Steve Swift

View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: September 24, 2016, 10:14:14 AM »

Jeez, "Huston we got a problem". Rather than hit the 10 I hoped for I could only managed 5...  Arms were like lead weights and it was taking me 32/34 strokes per length rather than 24/26 a length I would normally take. I guess my arms are really weak I think I need .. .."Blonde to make me strong". Smiley

I am going to have to rethink this week so as to give my arms some recovery as I am not sure what else I can gain in 7/8 days.

Long term though guys I suspect lifting some weights is on the cards, I am sure you guys can give me some direction on how to tackle this?

Have a good week .

Steve
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 ... 282 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: