blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 06, 2024, 10:26:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272911 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make you STRONG
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 ... 282 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make you STRONG  (Read 544252 times)
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1395 on: September 30, 2016, 04:46:36 PM »

T Bar rows a few days ago, really need to work on contracting with that one. I am predominantly doing that for bodybuilding, so need to tighten up the technique.

Front squats today, 4x8 72.5kg. Was pretty good, felt more upright.

Rack pulls tomorrow.
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: October 01, 2016, 07:22:21 PM »

Rack pull today 4x8 165

5x8 BOR at 72.5 felt a lot easier today too.

Loads of conditioning after then 10kg slams for two mins. clocked 56, which is kinda annoying because I thought I could push more. But was really done. Felt like I slammed everyone as hard as I could too.

got 46 for press ups in 2 mins the other day too. Mentally felt fine with them, but couldn't push back up.

Hand stands coming along really nicely too. So a good week all round!

Hows everyone else getting on?
Steve Swift

View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: October 03, 2016, 08:54:42 AM »

Hi Guys,

Well completed the triathalon yesterday and it was as expected really tough.  And yes the swimming neigh on killed me but who didn't expect that. Somehow managed to get through it but never again would i put myself in that sort of spot.  I wanted 1hr 4 i recall and I completed it  in 1 hr 8 roughly broken down to:

Swim 13.50 ( yikes)
T1 2mins
Cycle 25.30 ish
T2 50 secs.
Run 26.30 ish

T1 and T2 went well so if any body knows of any getting changed quickly events let me know because i would probably do rock it Smiley  Really pleased with my run and was getting faster with every Km, the bike course was supper hilly.

As expected the swim was the weak link.

A great experience and one i can now springboard from to do a good 6 months hard training before the next one.

Oh BTW i finished first in my age group so a nice little moral boost.

50 press ups to sort now.

Gl to all

Steve
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: October 03, 2016, 11:22:25 AM »

Hi Guys,

Well completed the triathalon yesterday and it was as expected really tough.  And yes the swimming neigh on killed me but who didn't expect that. Somehow managed to get through it but never again would i put myself in that sort of spot.  I wanted 1hr 4 i recall and I completed it  in 1 hr 8 roughly broken down to:

Swim 13.50 ( yikes)
T1 2mins
Cycle 25.30 ish
T2 50 secs.
Run 26.30 ish

T1 and T2 went well so if any body knows of any getting changed quickly events let me know because i would probably do rock it Smiley  Really pleased with my run and was getting faster with every Km, the bike course was supper hilly.

As expected the swim was the weak link.

A great experience and one i can now springboard from to do a good 6 months hard training before the next one.

Oh BTW i finished first in my age group so a nice little moral boost.

50 press ups to sort now.

Gl to all

Steve

Great effort!

First in your age group is a great achievement! Keep it up
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: October 03, 2016, 05:32:06 PM »

Epic stuff, well done, Steve!

I was back at it last week, and managed 4 trips. Hadn't lost any strength after a few weeks off, which was quite pleasing, and glad to be back in there.

Only going to make it a couple times this week, due to trainer having a couple family things.

I don't drink at home, so instead of a sober October, I'm going to forego pizzas for a month Grin

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: October 04, 2016, 03:53:42 PM »

4x6 Squats today at 102.5 felt pretty tough but managed every rep. Weird session. Definitely some mental block, as physically I felt fine, but mentally was really tough. Not too sure how that happened.
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: October 05, 2016, 07:06:14 PM »

Solid session again today, very pleasing.

Need to take inverted rows up a notch and add some weight. Been steadily progressing with them, started off at 4x6-8 now at 4x10.

Still not thrilled with my T-Bar row technique. But getting better, and keeping my head more neutral.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: October 06, 2016, 07:01:39 PM »

The body weights routine i lost patience with and i know i shouldn't have. As I prefer the burn of doing around ten reps with a higher weight rather than high reps with the body.

Signed up to the local gym and the routine looks like this on the leg day

20 mins jog/sprint on treadmill
quick dynamic stretching

4x12 leg press max on the machine (there is a free weights leg press that i will promote myself to shortly)
4x10 leg extension machine at around half max weight
4x10 leg curl machine at around half max weight
4x10 on both the adductor and abductor machines at close to max on both. (I know i was advised by iraise to ignore these, but i like them, I feel it gives me an edge while sidestepping in goal and I am getting a nice burn from it)
4x10 calf raises.
4x10 deadlifts at 75kg (only just started these in my lifetime, and it felt like a lower back orgasm when i did it, it was amazing. I know this is low but I am trying to get the form right. I have a question on these, should i look to go a lot higher in weight and reduce the reps? Also should this even be on leg day? I thought it engaged my glutes and hamstrings enough to qualify)

10 mins slow on the cross trainer
10-15 mins static stretching

done.

I am aware 24 sets is pushing it for a single session but I am coping well.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: October 06, 2016, 08:00:03 PM »

Great work from everyone especially Steve and his triathlon. Well done!!

I've just had a long weekend in Spain to recharge the batteries so decided to have a full week off. Back to it on Monday for the run in to Vegas in November Smiley

I haven't decided whether to set any specific targets yet or just take things as they come. I might resurrect the press ups in the evenings now the weather's getting bad again but other than that I'll probably just stay as I am with the 5 day split routine in the mornings and then some stretching in the evenings.

I won't be doing anything drastic diet wise either. As long as my belt is on hole number 2 I'm pretty happy so it's just continued maintenance and stay generally healthy.

Actually I do have one target and that's wide grip chins. I'll be doing them most days now rather than just on back day as I really want to see how far I can progress them. My forearm problem that made them impossible seems to be fine at the moment so I'll make the most of it and give them a whirl.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: October 07, 2016, 12:40:04 PM »

The body weights routine i lost patience with and i know i shouldn't have. As I prefer the burn of doing around ten reps with a higher weight rather than high reps with the body.

quick dynamic stretching

4x12 leg press max on the machine (there is a free weights leg press that i will promote myself to shortly)
4x10 on both the adductor and abductor machines at close to max on both. (I know i was advised by iraise to ignore these, but i like them, I feel it gives me an edge while sidestepping in goal and I am getting a nice burn from it)
4x10 calf raises.
4x10 deadlifts at 75kg (only just started these in my lifetime, and it felt like a lower back orgasm when i did it, it was amazing. I know this is low but I am trying to get the form right. I have a question on these, should i look to go a lot higher in weight and reduce the reps? Also should this even be on leg day? I thought it engaged my glutes and hamstrings enough to qualify)

done.

Doing heavy DL at the end of a sessions seems a bad plan. Doing DLs anyway at the end seems bad. Just because they are so tiring, you don't want to be fatigued when you do them. Seems an injury waiting to happen.

However, after doing all that before, and then 4x10 at 75 is incredibly good!!! That is strong! Even more so if you haven't done them before.

I would work at a lower re range, like 5x5 or 4x6 or something and put them in at the start. They are an all body movement, I stick them on leg day because I eat more on leg days.

Good stuff tho!
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: October 07, 2016, 12:42:32 PM »

Great work from everyone especially Steve and his triathlon. Well done!!

I've just had a long weekend in Spain to recharge the batteries so decided to have a full week off. Back to it on Monday for the run in to Vegas in November Smiley

I haven't decided whether to set any specific targets yet or just take things as they come. I might resurrect the press ups in the evenings now the weather's getting bad again but other than that I'll probably just stay as I am with the 5 day split routine in the mornings and then some stretching in the evenings.

I won't be doing anything drastic diet wise either. As long as my belt is on hole number 2 I'm pretty happy so it's just continued maintenance and stay generally healthy.

Actually I do have one target and that's wide grip chins. I'll be doing them most days now rather than just on back day as I really want to see how far I can progress them. My forearm problem that made them impossible seems to be fine at the moment so I'll make the most of it and give them a whirl.

I'm in for pull ups and chins. I want to take my BW and ring work up a notch. So I need to start repping these out in both formats!
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: October 07, 2016, 12:52:19 PM »

quick dynamic stretching

4x10 calf raises.

done.

Doing heavy DL at the end of a sessions seems a bad plan. Doing DLs anyway at the end seems bad. Just because they are so tiring, you don't want to be fatigued when you do them. Seems an injury waiting to happen.

However, after doing all that before, and then 4x10 at 75 is incredibly good!!! That is strong! Even more so if you haven't done them before.

I would work at a lower re range, like 5x5 or 4x6 or something and put them in at the start. They are an all body movement, I stick them on leg day because I eat more on leg days.

Good stuff tho!

Nice one.

The reason I left them for the end is because they are tiring and I wanted to flake out after ha.

Going to pop them in at the start now and go lower reps probably a bit higher, maybe 100kg and hope I still have some left in the tank. Smiley

Cheers for the feedback.
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: October 07, 2016, 01:06:57 PM »

quick dynamic stretching

4x10 calf raises.

done.

Good stuff tho!

Nice one.

The reason I left them for the end is because they are tiring and I wanted to flake out after ha.

Going to pop them in at the start now and go lower reps probably a bit higher, maybe 100kg and hope I still have some left in the tank. Smiley

Cheers for the feedback.

Based on those numbers 100kg should me about right. You just have to be a stickler for form. Or your lower back stays in a state of spasm for two days.

But a DL is about strength, so get those numbers up. Just keep videoing yourself so you know you are keeping straight in the lower back. Great to see them added in though!
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: October 09, 2016, 01:42:27 AM »

quick dynamic stretching

4x10 calf raises.

done.

Good stuff tho!

Nice one.

Cheers for the feedback.

Based on those numbers 100kg should me about right. You just have to be a stickler for form. Or your lower back stays in a state of spasm for two days.

But a DL is about strength, so get those numbers up. Just keep videoing yourself so you know you are keeping straight in the lower back. Great to see them added in though!

You've made me wonder about the spasm remark for a couple of days. I have felt that at times but assumed that is because it was an underworked area and i have hit it hard, but nearly certainly bad form at times as well.

I have studied how to do good form online and it is quite tough to get it right in practice, and at times i have definitely got it wrong. I know for a fact i have squatted with it a couple of times a bit. I probably have over extended the back or overarched it at times.

I am happy to stay lowish with them in weight so that if the form is wrong i run less chance of injury. Even with the worst form that i have executed with them, I don't think i was ever getting injured (hopefully not famous last words) as i was always backing out if i felt things were a little wrong and always quickly countering and probably on too low a weight for me to get in real trouble.

I am going to try my best to get the next deadlift videotaped.

Oh btw, it is an absolute pleasure putting the deadlift in, I very much doubt there is a better lower back workout? And it is hands down my favourite lift. I feel like I will eventually go huge on this as it helps I am so enthusiastic about them.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: October 10, 2016, 07:03:26 PM »

Steady with those deadlifts please. Done properly they're great but done incorrectly they can mess you up in a big way.

I watched a youtube video that recommended perfecting the RDL first before you start deadlifting and that really made sense to me. It could work well for you particularly as it's then definitely a leg exercise. Have you still got tight hamstrings or did you get those sorted?

Alan Thrall from untamed strength seems to be the man for deadlift from my research. Great powerlifter and explains things really well.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 ... 282 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: