blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 08:15:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272592 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make you STRONG
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 141 142 [143] 144 145 146 147 ... 282 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make you STRONG  (Read 535015 times)
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2130 on: May 08, 2017, 09:23:07 PM »

Fun bench session today.

5 x 5 at 100kg followed by 3 x 5 paused with the slingshot. Upped the last set to 110kg for a bit of extra overload.

Loads of accessory work, dumbbell press, single arm seated rows, flyes, seated shoulder press, some triceps work and a few other bits. Nothing overly strenuous but plenty of volume.

I'm hoping to keep the 100kg going up to my next shot at the 5 week programme to make that a bit easier. Just need to know when our next meet day is then I'll get to it working up to a decent PR attempt.

Yesterday's lower session was decent but nothing special. 5 x 5 squats up to 80kg and then deadlift up to 140kg doubles. Form felt good on everything but there was a slight back twinge preventing me going heavy. No issues now so all is well.

Will drop you a message this week onside possible days and see what we can do.

I can come to you this time if it helps. Just let me know.

Notts is a pretty good one for me so happy to come over. Speshly if we can get some other blondes there too.

I don't think your strength will suffer to much if you loser around the 5-10kg mark. Your technique on most things will hold you in good shape for a lot of progress! Agree writing the weights down is a good idea, even though I am flexible in what i do, I try and write as much down as I can to look back on etc.

How many times are you getting to the gym lately, 4 a week?
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2131 on: May 08, 2017, 10:12:06 PM »

Fun bench session today.

5 x 5 at 100kg followed by 3 x 5 paused with the slingshot. Upped the last set to 110kg for a bit of extra overload.

Loads of accessory work, dumbbell press, single arm seated rows, flyes, seated shoulder press, some triceps work and a few other bits. Nothing overly strenuous but plenty of volume.

I'm hoping to keep the 100kg going up to my next shot at the 5 week programme to make that a bit easier. Just need to know when our next meet day is then I'll get to it working up to a decent PR attempt.

Yesterday's lower session was decent but nothing special. 5 x 5 squats up to 80kg and then deadlift up to 140kg doubles. Form felt good on everything but there was a slight back twinge preventing me going heavy. No issues now so all is well.

Will drop you a message this week onside possible days and see what we can do.

I can come to you this time if it helps. Just let me know.

Notts is a pretty good one for me so happy to come over. Speshly if we can get some other blondes there too.

I don't think your strength will suffer to much if you loser around the 5-10kg mark. Your technique on most things will hold you in good shape for a lot of progress! Agree writing the weights down is a good idea, even though I am flexible in what i do, I try and write as much down as I can to look back on etc.

How many times are you getting to the gym lately, 4 a week?

4 times most weeks, occasionally slip to 3 but sometimes manage 5.

I'm trying to train Saturday and Sunday every week as I can make it a longer session and go a bit heavier but then Monday is out the window. Definitely works well training at the weekend as I get more recovery time and can eat loads but there's always the risk of a night out spoiling that plan.

I'm hoping to get a good routine going soon with a heavy bench and heavy DL day at the weekend and then fit everything else in to three sessions in the week. If I go out then I just train Monday instead but not quite so heavy. Should work but just needs implementing.

Quite like the thought of:

Monday - rest
Tuesday - Steady DL day
Wednesday - Steady bench day
Thursday - rest
Friday - Steady squat day
Saturday - Heavy bench day
Sunday - Heavy DL day

Focus at the moment is bench and DL so squat can take a back seat but still get steadily worked to keep the form going.

There really aren't enough days in the week.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2132 on: May 09, 2017, 12:37:32 PM »

Did my first steady deadlift day today.

Leg press for a warm up then RDL super set with BoR in to 5 x 5 DL at 100kg and finished off with T bar rows.

Got that lot done in 40 minutes including warm up and cool down but the deadlifts still made it pretty tough.

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2133 on: May 13, 2017, 05:16:44 PM »

Another great bench session today with an improvement on last week.

5 x 5 starting at 100kg, then 105kg and 3 sets at 110kg

Finished off with 3 x 5 @ 120kg all paused with the slingshot. Last one was tough!!

This was all following 4 sets of DB press superset with lat activation so plenty of volume overall and looking really positive for a shot at a new PR in the near future when I drop the volume back.

There was a little bit left in the tank on most sets so really happy with the session.

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2134 on: May 14, 2017, 08:56:54 AM »

Finished off with 3 x 5 @ 120kg all paused with the slingshot. Last one was tough!!

This was all following 4 sets of DB press superset with lat activation so plenty of volume overall and looking really positive for a shot at a new PR in the near future when I drop the volume back.

There was a little bit left in the tank on most sets so really happy with the session.

Strong stuff, what is your diary like for the last weekend of May?
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2135 on: May 14, 2017, 11:46:02 PM »

Completely free mate. Either Saturday or Sunday would work for me. Could do with an extra week to prep for a bench PR but I'll figure that out, probably just have to fit an extra session in during the week.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2136 on: May 14, 2017, 11:51:32 PM »

Not such a good lower session today. I tried a few squats with a belt on and it flared up my hip issue again. I was going steady so nothing too bad happened but it's really annoying.

I guess I can just stick to beltless squats forever and not worry about going heavy. Unless something changes that's going to be the solution I think. I'm trying a few new mobility and activation exercises that may help and also going to play around with my stance to see if that helps. Not going to give up as I'd like to go heavy but can't go too far without belting up.

Didn't do anything impressive with DL after the squatting so that was also a bit of a downer. Possibly not helped by having a tough upper day yesterday as I felt knackered. It was really hot as well so all told possibly understandable that I wasn't on top form.

Shan't get too disheartened, I'll just keep working at it and see what happens.

Rest day tomorrow Smiley

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2137 on: May 15, 2017, 09:52:13 AM »

Completely free mate. Either Saturday or Sunday would work for me. Could do with an extra week to prep for a bench PR but I'll figure that out, probably just have to fit an extra session in during the week.

Let me know, next two weekends after I'm not tied up. But can always push back if needed. Will ask Sean where he is at.
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #2138 on: May 15, 2017, 12:10:27 PM »

Got flu at the wrong time. Was really starting to kick on, especially on the squat rack and deadlifts where i'd been making siginifcant improvements every single week. The time off has kinda ruined my momentum. Not sure where i'll at when i get back into the gym in a couple of days, hopefully won't take me too long to get back to where i was.

I'm really enjoying strength training again though. I've pretty much accepted i don't have a bodybuilders frame/genetics, I mean i'm late twenties and still have a 30" waist lol same as i did when i was 16 Cheesy getting strong is something else though and it's fun to work the numbers up without putting too much pressure on myself. 5x5 4 lyf, or at least until i plateau Cheesy
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2139 on: May 17, 2017, 04:30:56 PM »

Such a lazy week for me!! For some reason I've just not been able to get up in the morning and get to the gym. Not feeling ill or anything just can't be arsed.

I've been doing a bit of hip/glute activation and stretching in the evenings so not a complete blank but really should've got there today for chest accessory day. Never mind, can't change it now.

Hopefully back at it tomorrow or Friday but definitely the weekend whatever happens.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2140 on: May 17, 2017, 04:32:49 PM »

Got flu at the wrong time. Was really starting to kick on, especially on the squat rack and deadlifts where i'd been making siginifcant improvements every single week. The time off has kinda ruined my momentum. Not sure where i'll at when i get back into the gym in a couple of days, hopefully won't take me too long to get back to where i was.

I'm really enjoying strength training again though. I've pretty much accepted i don't have a bodybuilders frame/genetics, I mean i'm late twenties and still have a 30" waist lol same as i did when i was 16 Cheesy getting strong is something else though and it's fun to work the numbers up without putting too much pressure on myself. 5x5 4 lyf, or at least until i plateau Cheesy

If it's full on flu it could take weeks to get back to normal. If it's just a cold maybe not quite so bad but still don't expect to be feeling right for a while.

Get plenty of fluids down you and eat lots of good stuff. Your body will be weak as fuck because it's been fighting a cold. Make sure you fuel it well when you get back to the gym.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2141 on: May 17, 2017, 04:44:54 PM »

Let me know, next two weekends after I'm not tied up. But can always push back if needed. Will ask Sean where he is at.

1st or 2nd week in June probably best for me as it lets me stick to the programme and get volume down ready for a test.

I've not actually been doing the programme the last two weeks but having had a check my numbers are pretty much spot on if I had been on it with an assumed max of 140kg.

I can pick it up next week with 6 x 4 @ 105kg and 3 x 3 @ 120kg with the slingshot

Following week would be 3 x 2 @ 120kg and 3 x 1 @ 127.5kg with the slinger.

Test week the week after up to a hopeful 145kg..... Lifetime PR.....

Best start eating again Cheesy

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2142 on: May 18, 2017, 09:53:20 AM »

1st or 2nd week in June probably best for me as it lets me stick to the programme and get volume down ready for a test.

I've not actually been doing the programme the last two weeks but having had a check my numbers are pretty much spot on if I had been on it with an assumed max of 140kg.

I can pick it up next week with 6 x 4 @ 105kg and 3 x 3 @ 120kg with the slingshot

Following week would be 3 x 2 @ 120kg and 3 x 1 @ 127.5kg with the slinger.

Test week the week after up to a hopeful 145kg..... Lifetime PR.....

Best start eating again Cheesy

Some big numbers there,

June works for me.

Hows food going in general?
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2143 on: May 19, 2017, 01:56:17 PM »

Hows food going in general?

Food's always pretty decent but I'm not counting at all.

I've cut back a little bit so I imagine I've lost a few kilos. I don't eat as much on non-training days so as I've had my laziest week for ages (zero training!!) I've not eaten too much this week.

Everything is pretty healthy stuff, plenty of fruit, veg, lean meat, wholegrain rice/pasta, that kind of thing.

I really don't have the inclination to be as strict with diet as I used to be. It's such a massive chore and the results however amazing are only ever temporary unless you want to be a slave to calories for the rest of your life.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2144 on: May 20, 2017, 05:08:36 PM »

Bit worried about bench today as my shoulder, arm, elbow and wrist were really giving me some stick when I woke up yesterday. Not sure if I slept a bit funny but I was really struggling. I skipped training making it a full 5 days off but I did loads of stretching and mobility stuff which by bed time made it all feel reasonable again.

Still a bit worried today but it felt okay and thankfully the session went really well. DB press up to 40kg for 10 as a warm up then in to the programme:

6 x 4 @ 105kg
3 x 3 @ 120kg with the slingshot.

Managed everything with a bit left in the tank but it's a really long hard session getting 9 sets in especially as the breaks need to be 3 minutes or so to recover. Finished off with a few accessory movements to make it a really good workout.

Much lower on the volume next week but also a lot heavier, just doubles and singles but 120kg and 127.5kg

Feeling very confident for a good shot at a PR in 2 or 3 weeks Smiley

Everything other than chest is going pretty terribly. Squats and DL are just meh. Will keep working at them in the hope that my hip eventually allows something good to happen but it's going to be a long game getting there. Currently working on some flexibility and mobility stuff to see where that leads.

Fingers crossed that things get better but I'm happy to focus on bench and le t the lower stuff catch up in the future.

Pages: 1 ... 139 140 141 142 [143] 144 145 146 147 ... 282 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: