blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:26:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272600 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make you STRONG
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 158 159 [160] 161 162 163 164 ... 282 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make you STRONG  (Read 535460 times)
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2385 on: October 24, 2017, 11:07:22 AM »

It's just a protein, and 50g of protein in one <300cal shake.

Also, they're very small scoops Cheesy

Shoulda read the link, my bad.
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2386 on: October 24, 2017, 11:09:11 AM »

I'm not too rigid, and just aim for >200g protein per day.

I'm still slowly dropping weight, but if I stop shedding timber, then I'd start eating a bit cleaner with my big meal in the evening, and cut my post workout shake, too.

I eat dinner around 9, and don't go to bed until around 3/4 usually.

200g is on the high side, but don't think its ridiculous. You are going to get a large amount of health benefits with added protein, and where you are at you just don't want to risk muscle wastage to I can see the logic. You probably could argue you want 2.5g per KG, but as you get lighter, you want to go down with it.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2387 on: October 24, 2017, 12:09:02 PM »

I can definitely see Matt's point, as he's obviously far more stringent in what he's doing, whereas I'm just pottering along, and trying to shed some timber at a steady pace.

I've already had a large amount of muscle atrophy in my legs/glutes etc.

15 years playing in the pack at Rugby, to a lower body that looks like I've been never seen a squat rack in my life Cheesy

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2388 on: October 24, 2017, 01:40:42 PM »

I can definitely see Matt's point, as he's obviously far more stringent in what he's doing, whereas I'm just pottering along, and trying to shed some timber at a steady pace.

15 years playing in the pack at Rugby, to a lower body that looks like I've been never seen a squat rack in my life Cheesy

I'm far from stringent mate and that's kind of my point. Unless you're training pretty damn hard you really don't need to be stringent, particularly with your macros. I think I train more than you do at the moment and I don't track macros or protein at all. I eat my meals and watch what happens to my body, if it's altering in a good way I stick with it, if it's altering in a bad way I adjust.

Just have three square meals a day plus one shake at some point then adjust if you aren't seeing the results you desire.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #2389 on: October 24, 2017, 01:43:59 PM »

If I have a curry, I just go with the highest calories on Myfitnesspal.

This thread finally gets interesting  Wink

What's your standard curry order Marky?

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2390 on: October 24, 2017, 01:44:40 PM »

I'm still slowly dropping weight, but if I stop shedding timber, then I'd start eating a bit cleaner with my big meal in the evening, and cut my post workout shake, too.

200g is on the high side, but don't think its ridiculous. You are going to get a large amount of health benefits with added protein, and where you are at you just don't want to risk muscle wastage to I can see the logic. You probably could argue you want 2.5g per KG, but as you get lighter, you want to go down with it.

Pretty sure it's more than I get at the moment although I haven't calculated.

Surely just adding protein doesn't get health benefits? Shouldn't we substitute some fats and carbs with protein to maintain the same calories but more biased towards protein?

Does adding protein increase muscle if you aren't working that muscle? If a muscle is wasting because of a medical condition surely no amount of protein will change that unless it's coupled with exercise if that's even possible?

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2391 on: October 24, 2017, 02:13:20 PM »

I'm far from stringent mate and that's kind of my point. Unless you're training pretty damn hard you really don't need to be stringent, particularly with your macros. I think I train more than you do at the moment and I don't track macros or protein at all. I eat my meals and watch what happens to my body, if it's altering in a good way I stick with it, if it's altering in a bad way I adjust.

Just have three square meals a day plus one shake at some point then adjust if you aren't seeing the results you desire.

You definitely train more, as I only train 4x a week, and besides that I hardly move.

When I was strict with my diet, I had the best results, and was getting about 250g protein a day. This is from memory, as it was almost 7 years ago Cheesy

I don't want to keep my calories too low, but cutting the shakes will be the first thing that goes if I stop dropping the weight.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2392 on: October 24, 2017, 02:15:19 PM »

Cheesy

King Prawn Puri or Mixed Kebab
Chicken Achari
Pilau Rice
1 Garlic & 1 Peshwari Naan
1 Portion Onion Bhajis

StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #2393 on: October 24, 2017, 02:40:48 PM »

Cheesy

King Prawn Puri or Mixed Kebab
Chicken Achari
Pilau Rice
1 Garlic & 1 Peshwari Naan
1 Portion Onion Bhajis

Nice 

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2394 on: October 24, 2017, 03:19:06 PM »

Three meals and a shake is pretty legit.
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2395 on: October 24, 2017, 03:26:36 PM »

Pretty sure it's more than I get at the moment although I haven't calculated.

Surely just adding protein doesn't get health benefits? Shouldn't we substitute some fats and carbs with protein to maintain the same calories but more biased towards protein?

Does adding protein increase muscle if you aren't working that muscle? If a muscle is wasting because of a medical condition surely no amount of protein will change that unless it's coupled with exercise if that's even possible?

I think for me and you 2g is fine, but for someone that is health compromised, you want to make sure you maximise muscle retention, and signalling MPS via food is going to be more important because you can't train as much. Also thinking along immunity lines, not sure how common Marky gets ill, but adding protein is going to help your immune system become stronger during those times.

MPS will still be signalled through hitting the leucine threshold, in which shakes or food will do. Whether the response is the same between all three of us I am not sure. I don't think MS causes muscle wasting though, I think its neurological so muscle wasting is a result, indirectly. So would definitely opt for higher to try to signal it 4 times a day, and then obviously maximise the adaptions of training, which is the same for all three of us.

Not saying protein is some elixir of life, I think having three meals and a shake is the one.

Not sure how much sense I made there
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2396 on: October 24, 2017, 05:04:20 PM »

Yeah, my muscle wastage is a byproduct of MS related issues, rather than a direct result of the condition.

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2397 on: October 24, 2017, 09:13:36 PM »

Yeah, my muscle wastage is a byproduct of MS related issues, rather than a direct result of the condition.

Yeah so muscle retention becomes key, obviously not saying eat protein get huge. But it feels like one of those things you would rather do than not do.

I think its fair, probably in your interest health wise to be lighter, but trying to do it slowly and keeping the habits seems a better way than going up and down.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2398 on: October 24, 2017, 11:05:33 PM »

Yeah so muscle retention becomes key, obviously not saying eat protein get huge. But it feels like one of those things you would rather do than not do.

I think its fair, probably in your interest health wise to be lighter, but trying to do it slowly and keeping the habits seems a better way than going up and down.

I've always been heavy, ever since I was about 10, and I'm prob not far off the best shape I've been in since I finished basic @ 18.

I'm down 60lbs, and haven't lost any strength, so pretty happy with that, and I'm still eating lots of enjoyable grub.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2399 on: October 24, 2017, 11:37:39 PM »

I've always been heavy, ever since I was about 10, and I'm prob not far off the best shape I've been in since I finished basic @ 18.

I'm down 60lbs, and haven't lost any strength, so pretty happy with that, and I'm still eating lots of enjoyable grub.

That's fantastic work mate. If you're losing weight and enjoying the process then to be honest I'd ignore everything I said and just stick at what you're doing. There may be more optimal ways to lose weight but the best diet is always going to be the one you can stick to.

Pages: 1 ... 156 157 158 159 [160] 161 162 163 164 ... 282 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: