blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:50:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make you STRONG
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 161 162 [163] 164 165 166 167 ... 282 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make you STRONG  (Read 530785 times)
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2430 on: November 23, 2017, 11:48:47 PM »

Still on 6 sessions per week and seem to be making good progress everywhere.

Had a nice shoulder/back session tonight with some 60kg paused OHP that were an absolute killer. 3 second pause at the bottom and a 5 second hold at the top for 3 x 4.

Also did some pull ups for the first time in ages and felt no pain. Only did 4 x 5 as part of a face pull / tricep push down / pull up tri-set but was a nice confidence boost that the shoulder/arm injuries may be subsiding. Would love to get back in to pull ups, I've been doing lots of back work recently and the sets of 5 felt really easy. Didn't risk any more than 5 because I'm a bit nervous of hurting myself but strength wise I felt like there was ten there at least.

I've put a couple of kg on recently so I'm up to 101kg at the moment. Hoping it's muscle weight but I've had a couple of nights out and extra curries recently so probably not......

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2431 on: November 24, 2017, 09:53:02 AM »

Glad you boys are doing so well. Good stuff!

I'm already in full christmas mode, and hoovering up everything.

Managed 4 sessions each of the last two weeks, and still weighing 215.

Cold as hell down here, and might have to amazon myself an electric blanket up soon Cheesy

Hahaha I fully plan on that mode over the next few weeks, just want to up my volume as much as I can as some sort of counter balance.

Great consistency though, do you get relapses often?

Wouldn't class it as warm here I must be honest!
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2432 on: November 24, 2017, 09:55:28 AM »

Had a nice shoulder/back session tonight with some 60kg paused OHP that were an absolute killer. 3 second pause at the bottom and a 5 second hold at the top for 3 x 4.

Also did some pull ups for the first time in ages and felt no pain. Only did 4 x 5 as part of a face pull / tricep push down / pull up tri-set but was a nice confidence boost that the shoulder/arm injuries may be subsiding. Would love to get back in to pull ups, I've been doing lots of back work recently and the sets of 5 felt really easy. Didn't risk any more than 5 because I'm a bit nervous of hurting myself but strength wise I felt like there was ten there at least.

I've put a couple of kg on recently so I'm up to 101kg at the moment. Hoping it's muscle weight but I've had a couple of nights out and extra curries recently so probably not......

Need to get a belt to attach weights for pull ups, onto 4x4-8 Chins with 18s and its starting to become difficult holding them in my feet. Not sure I am ready for weighted pull ups yet.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2433 on: November 24, 2017, 12:50:24 PM »

Need to get a belt to attach weights for pull ups, onto 4x4-8 Chins with 18s and its starting to become difficult holding them in my feet. Not sure I am ready for weighted pull ups yet.

I know I've mentioned this before but pull ups (wide grip chins as I know them) were always my favourite. 20kg (might have been more....) strapped to my waist for sets of 12 at about 108kg bodyweight. My upper back was insanely strong but I now know lack of deadlifts was causing a huge imbalance.

Would love to be able to wind the clock back and try some dead lifts when I was at my prime.

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2434 on: November 25, 2017, 11:52:03 PM »

Not quite as strong on the bench today although got a 120kg triple, a 130kg single and just about squeezed 2 x 1 at 142.5kg with the slingshot. I needed a spot somewhere in amongst that lot but can't remember where.

Rest of the session was good and really getting a good vibe going with my new training partner. He's up to 180kg with the slingshot!!

I'm desperately pondering whether to pile on some weight and really can't decide what to do. One part of me really fancies hitting up a decent bench but the other part of me quite likes staying trim and having a 35" waist. My recent calorie increase seems to have been completely offset by the increased volume in training so a few more won't hurt. I might just add a few extra items in especially on Saturday when I do my big bench day. I've had an additional 800 calories or so today on top of what I would normally have, all reasonably clean calories from wholemeal pittas and rice but calories nonetheless.

Just got to decide whether to go the whole hog all week and start scoffing down multiple protein shakes and adding in nuts and peanut butter to really pile the pounds back on.

Need to find a balance really but I have no idea what to do.

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2435 on: November 26, 2017, 11:16:59 AM »

Not quite as strong on the bench today although got a 120kg triple, a 130kg single and just about squeezed 2 x 1 at 142.5kg with the slingshot. I needed a spot somewhere in amongst that lot but can't remember where.

Rest of the session was good and really getting a good vibe going with my new training partner. He's up to 180kg with the slingshot!!

I'm desperately pondering whether to pile on some weight and really can't decide what to do. One part of me really fancies hitting up a decent bench but the other part of me quite likes staying trim and having a 35" waist. My recent calorie increase seems to have been completely offset by the increased volume in training so a few more won't hurt. I might just add a few extra items in especially on Saturday when I do my big bench day. I've had an additional 800 calories or so today on top of what I would normally have, all reasonably clean calories from wholemeal pittas and rice but calories nonetheless.

Just got to decide whether to go the whole hog all week and start scoffing down multiple protein shakes and adding in nuts and peanut butter to really pile the pounds back on.

High carb day the day before your highest priority day, or could do it on for recovery.

I have 4-500g before my hardest day. Since they are all quite even at the minute I just randomly choose a day I want all the rice cakes.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2436 on: December 01, 2017, 10:20:42 PM »

High carb day the day before your highest priority day, or could do it on for recovery.

I have 4-500g before my hardest day. Since they are all quite even at the minute I just randomly choose a day I want all the rice cakes.

Giving this a try today in preparation for my heavy bench day tomorrow.

I haven't added up my exact carbs but I know the extra on top of my standard intake is 200g made up of 3 pitta breads, 2 flapjacks and a 400g tin of rice pudding.

I expect nothing less than a PR tomorrow Cheesy

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2437 on: December 01, 2017, 10:50:37 PM »

8 plates incoming Grin

My mate was wondering why he ached today, after doing 12plates a side on leg press yesterday, lol.

I've had a pretty decent week, even though I had to miss training yesterday, as John got delayed sorting a flat for his mother.

Been just trying to maintain and keep reps high, but tried 80kg on the bench for the first time since I was about 18 stone, and managed 6 reps unassisted after doing 8 @ 20/40/60.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2438 on: December 02, 2017, 12:36:49 AM »

8 plates incoming Grin

My mate was wondering why he ached today, after doing 12plates a side on leg press yesterday, lol.

I've had a pretty decent week, even though I had to miss training yesterday, as John got delayed sorting a flat for his mother.

Been just trying to maintain and keep reps high, but tried 80kg on the bench for the first time since I was about 18 stone, and managed 6 reps unassisted after doing 8 @ 20/40/60.

I managed an almighty zero plates on leg press tonight. It was single leg high rep work but still hardly inspiring.

80kg for 6 is far from shabby on the bench. Got to be good for nearly two plates if you just worked low reps and aimed for strength.

Hoping for at least 130kg tomorrow but will see how it goes, shoulders are feeling good, certainly better than last week so I'm pretty confident of a bit of an improvement.

Report to follow......

What are you weighing in at now?

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2439 on: December 02, 2017, 02:17:07 AM »

8 plates incoming Grin

I managed an almighty zero plates on leg press tonight. It was single leg high rep work but still hardly inspiring.

80kg for 6 is far from shabby on the bench. Got to be good for nearly two plates if you just worked low reps and aimed for strength.

Hoping for at least 130kg tomorrow but will see how it goes, shoulders are feeling good, certainly better than last week so I'm pretty confident of a bit of an improvement.

Report to follow......

What are you weighing in at now?

I do my drop set at the end with nothing on, and managed my best ever 30 reps this week Cheesy

I might try 4 plates first session back after xmas, because I'll be carbed up to the max, and might have a shot at shifting it, lol.

If everything is feeling alright, fingers crossed it goes smoothly and you hit what you're aiming for or better.

I'm still the 215 as of this morning, but have been out for a few meals, and eating takeouts all this week, as my mother has been laid up sick.

I've got some stuff I ordered this week, my old man can just microwave for me, so 210 will still be easily attainable by xmas.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2440 on: December 02, 2017, 05:48:13 PM »

Decent day on the bench for me. I managed a 130kg single unassisted and it moved well enough that I fancied a shot at 135kg. Sadly that didn't go as well although I tried it twice and the second was a touch better than the first. Maybe next week....

Got a couple of 140kg singles with the slingshot and then went up 140kg for a couple of doubles on decline. Accessories went really well with 200kg on the flat press machine and 140kg on incline machine both of which are PRs by a long way. The improvements on accessories should help boost the flat bench fairly soon and I really think my OHP work is helping a lot too.

Probably my strongest session to date on chest but somehow disappointed at how much I struggled at 135kg. Onwards and upwards for next week though Smiley

It's actually been a really good week, OHP has been up to 70kg for doubles, 100kg for BoR and RDL, 120kg for 5 x 3 dead lift and a really good albeit light leg session. Best thing though was a set of 8 pull ups (wide grip) followed by 6 and 5 one evening and then a solid 5 x 5 on Thursday with plenty in the tank. No adverse affects so I'm really happy with that.

Don't want to tempt fate but the injuries feel like they're finally dwindling......

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2441 on: December 08, 2017, 06:41:36 PM »

Glad to hear you're on the road, and looking fully recovered, Matt.

Fingers crossed it continues!

Was 214 this morning and have exactly 2 weeks until training finishes until January.

Going to just have a couple cheat meals this weekend, instead of 2 days off Cheesy

Even though I'm now 60lbs lighter, my strength is still not any less than it was at 275lbs.

Mate that trains me said that it's good to not lose strength, when dropping that much mass.

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2442 on: December 09, 2017, 04:50:06 PM »

Gone under the radar for a bit, had another anatomy and practical lesson this week and just gone balls deep back into tension and mechanics of movement. Absolutely fascinates me A) how hard optimal/efficient movement is, B) how people can go so wrong (me included with anything Lat based) and C) how lucky some guys/girls are that they have no idea what to do or how they did it, but they just got it bang on from the word go.

Still strength work in the background. Alternative deadlift and squats with 1 week heavy 1 week speed work. Speed work this week 6x3 120 and felt it go up very very fast until set 6, then it felt like regular ones, oops.

All movement feels good, up to 88kg right now (likely Xmas as opposed to massive muscle gains). But will carry on nutritionally in the Xmas spirit and look to gain some normality in Jan. As a disclaimer to anyone reading this, I have reasonably good habits, I do not recommend people who aren't nutritionally focused do this cos you could actually hammer 4-5lbs of FAT over these few weeks.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2443 on: December 12, 2017, 12:34:38 PM »

When you say 'tension and mechanics of movement', I presume you mean tensing the body before beginning each exercise, and carrying out each movement strictly.

I was 212 this morning, so Ill be very disappointed if I can't lose the other 2 in the week before xmas feasting starts.

I am training until the 22nd, and then starting back on the 8th January. f I can only put on around 7lbs over xmas, I'll be super happy.

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2444 on: December 12, 2017, 08:06:52 PM »

When you say 'tension and mechanics of movement', I presume you mean tensing the body before beginning each exercise, and carrying out each movement strictly.

I was 212 this morning, so Ill be very disappointed if I can't lose the other 2 in the week before xmas feasting starts.

I am training until the 22nd, and then starting back on the 8th January. f I can only put on around 7lbs over xmas, I'll be super happy.

Pretty much exactly that. Taking the muscle and the movement through its entire range, not just the range your body tells it too. So i.e. with a pull up, not curling your upper body and dipping your chin to the bar to count it as a rep, as the mechanics through your shoulder and lats have actually got worse even tho you have 'completed the rep'. So making sure I stay disciplined throughout the entire range. I video myself and its crazy how easy it is to lose tension and not realise. I was doing machine rows last Thursday with  the guy that teaches me moment arms/anatomy and he went through it three reps in he just shouts 'now we are training' and I couldn't have agreed more. Never felt so much tension go through my lats, ended up getting cramp.

I need a weigh in though, don't want to go too much above 90 over all this, so want to stay sharpish over the next few weeks.
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 161 162 [163] 164 165 166 167 ... 282 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: