blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 03:02:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272574 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make you STRONG
Pages: 1 ... 234 235 236 237 [238] 239 240 241 242 ... 282 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make you STRONG  (Read 534513 times)
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #3555 on: August 19, 2020, 02:49:37 PM »

Physio confirmed MCL but says we are quite a long way along recovery road so much he said to start some rowing and cycling straight away and build up ..

will start friday and see how we get on aiming to some decent efforts monday week onwards.. knee feels better each day so fingers crossed

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3556 on: August 19, 2020, 03:00:44 PM »

Physio confirmed MCL but says we are quite a long way along recovery road so much he said to start some rowing and cycling straight away and build up ..

will start friday and see how we get on aiming to some decent efforts monday week onwards.. knee feels better each day so fingers crossed

Some good news, at least. Good luck mate!

I remember doing my cruciate ligaments playing football ~30years ago.

the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #3557 on: August 19, 2020, 03:01:41 PM »

ugh ! thats deffo the one i dont want to do

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3558 on: August 19, 2020, 04:39:20 PM »

Suppose I was lucky I was only about 10 years old, lol.

Wouldn't want to be turning my ankle now, I already struggle walking Cheesy

KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #3559 on: August 20, 2020, 09:29:25 AM »

Yeah, you really don't. I've done both of mine and wouldnt wish it on my worst enemy.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3560 on: August 20, 2020, 03:35:20 PM »

Your legs are fine....

This guys legs on the other hand.....

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #3561 on: August 20, 2020, 03:42:23 PM »

Your legs are fine....

This guys legs on the other hand.....

i cant even watch it mate.. i might be sick

PT told me about a girl who tried a heavy clean snapped both her wrists ..  Cry

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3562 on: August 20, 2020, 04:32:53 PM »

It's not actually that bad to watch, the thumbnail is about as bad as it gets.

Apparently he's in for two month laid on his back and then 2 years re-learning how to walk.....

I've recently made a decision to cut out the heavy (for me) singles and just focus on hypertrophy, the risk/reward of heavy lifting just isn't worth it. I've never injured myself badly on a single lift but I regularly have minor injuries when I try to push that bit harder.

Recent couple of leg sessions have just been extensions, presses and curls. Got such a great pump and I'm sure my legs will grow from it. The injury risk from this is pretty close to zero when compared to squats so I'm going to stick to it.

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #3563 on: August 21, 2020, 02:05:33 PM »

It's not actually that bad to watch, the thumbnail is about as bad as it gets.

Apparently he's in for two month laid on his back and then 2 years re-learning how to walk.....

I've recently made a decision to cut out the heavy (for me) singles and just focus on hypertrophy, the risk/reward of heavy lifting just isn't worth it. I've never injured myself badly on a single lift but I regularly have minor injuries when I try to push that bit harder.

Recent couple of leg sessions have just been extensions, presses and curls. Got such a great pump and I'm sure my legs will grow from it. The injury risk from this is pretty close to zero when compared to squats so I'm going to stick to it.

I agree totally..very wise... im the same... im rarely near the max and crossfit training and wods dont require max stuff too often, barbell work is usually worked into routines and a comparitively light weight but lots of reps etc...

I tend to do barbell cycling ( different lifts in one set of reps )

Single max lifts is mainly an ego boost and as much as I hate to admit it im not as young as i used to be and the one thing i want to avoid is any serious injury... leave it to the young bucks showing off for the cheeky blonde in the yoga pants Smiley

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #3564 on: August 21, 2020, 06:26:29 PM »

Think max lifts are only if you really love the game, you always have to appreciate you probably won't come out un scathed. I haven't looked through the thread/my notebook but cant remember the last time I did 1RM, probably 2-3 years ago?

Some nice numbers this week, basically do 3x6-8 and 2x10-15 every other day swapping the movements.

Squats managed to get a 2x15 at 70kg, didnt record and my overall awareness is a little shaky but felt slightly above the depth I want, I will record for my own peace of mind though. DL got 140 for 8/7/8 and then 120 for 10/10 which I am really pleased with.

Bench and pressing still struggling, so are pull ups, hit failure at 6-8 still on pull ups, and bench is 70kg for 6-8's.

Enjoying it, but now the weights are moving up, definitely struggle with recovery. 1 movement a day is set to failure, so I will do that for another 2-4 weeks then back off with failure stuff. Gym still seems pretty quiet which makes it much easier. Keep trying to add a bit of cardio for the engine, and politely decline most opportunities.
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #3565 on: August 21, 2020, 06:27:38 PM »

Thats pretty shit, how bad did they say the tear was? Good news you can move on it! One of those times where you are gonna be really grateful you have been strong around the joint for the past few years!
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #3566 on: August 24, 2020, 01:03:37 PM »

Thats pretty shit, how bad did they say the tear was? Good news you can move on it! One of those times where you are gonna be really grateful you have been strong around the joint for the past few years!

looked like a grade 2.. 3 weeks since the tear and have just completed second session in the gym..just bike and row ..bit of bench and overhead press.. benched up to 100KG and strict pressed 70KG so strength only dropped off a bit.. bike and row were quite strong but i know fitness is down.

30 mins on the bike every 5 mins out the saddle for a minute climb..covered 11 miles so a deece outing... rowing intervals were nice and strong and pulling as hard as i was pre injury. Knee feels a bit sore next day but nothing major

almost walking normally..at least another week before i ramp it up..i want the knee to feel totally normal before i go at full output..

Yeah I have been lucky fingers crossed with injury..  im 51 now so have to look after dem knees lol

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3567 on: August 25, 2020, 08:09:00 AM »

looked like a grade 2.. 3 weeks since the tear and have just completed second session in the gym..just bike and row ..bit of bench and overhead press.. benched up to 100KG and strict pressed 70KG so strength only dropped off a bit.. bike and row were quite strong but i know fitness is down.

30 mins on the bike every 5 mins out the saddle for a minute climb..covered 11 miles so a deece outing... rowing intervals were nice and strong and pulling as hard as i was pre injury. Knee feels a bit sore next day but nothing major

almost walking normally..at least another week before i ramp it up..i want the knee to feel totally normal before i go at full output..

Yeah I have been lucky fingers crossed with injury..  im 51 now so have to look after dem knees lol

Solid work with an injury.

How many reps do you get for your 70kg strict press? I'd be 4 or maybe 5 on a very good day when I was working towards a max on those.

That's another one I'm avoiding now whilst I'm on hypertrophy. It's a great exercise but the injury risk just isn't worth it compared to the effect I get from seated machine press.

the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #3568 on: August 25, 2020, 02:28:20 PM »

How many reps do you get for your 70kg strict press? I'd be 4 or maybe 5 on a very good day when I was working towards a max on those.

That's another one I'm avoiding now whilst I'm on hypertrophy. It's a great exercise but the injury risk just isn't worth it compared to the effect I get from seated machine press.

5 reps @70.. went from 10's at 40 and 50...5 at 60.. pre injury id been up to 80 for 3 i think.. i dont do a lot of strict pressing tbh.. its not something thats usually in the workouts i do..more push press and thrusters etc.. but i done it just for something upper body

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3569 on: August 25, 2020, 03:20:24 PM »

5 reps @70.. went from 10's at 40 and 50...5 at 60.. pre injury id been up to 80 for 3 i think.. i dont do a lot of strict pressing tbh.. its not something thats usually in the workouts i do..more push press and thrusters etc.. but i done it just for something upper body

Very similar numbers to me on those. Don't think I've managed more than a double at 80kg and my max is 85kg. It's one of the hardest movements to improve at I think as any slight increase in weight can completely screw you.

I'd imagine all the push press and thrusters help with the strict press as you'll be more accustomed to the heavier weight over head. I only do (did) strict press so never had anything heavier above my head from one of the 'assisted' movements. I tried push press but really couldn't get the hang of it at all.

Pages: 1 ... 234 235 236 237 [238] 239 240 241 242 ... 282 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: