blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:03:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make you STRONG
Pages: 1 ... 238 239 240 241 [242] 243 244 245 246 ... 282 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make you STRONG  (Read 530851 times)
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #3615 on: October 13, 2020, 10:09:10 AM »

Another nice week

3x7 100kg Squats
3x6 85kg Bench
3x8 50kg OHP
3x5 170kg DL

Pressing still behind where I want, but not too worried yet. If I can get 95kg for 6 on the tech pre xmas and 60kg for 6 OHP will be really pleased and getting to the lifetime PB mark.

Cracking numbers mate especially the deadlift.

Great to see you back to squatting again as well. Is the CNS pretty much sorted on those now?

Unsure, I find the movement very awkward and difficult, but numbers do keep improving. Brought back the belt and shoes which does always help anyway. I dont think I am as smooth/get as deep as before, but really pleased with how it's going so far.

Started to get a bit more fatigued now, so going to watch things over the next few weeks, may just need to back off a bit and make it slightly less intense. But totally worth the initial blast together back to where I was post lockdown.
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #3616 on: October 13, 2020, 10:09:31 AM »

Bench was a bit tough yesterday.

Felt really strong but the shoulder was a little bit niggly so stopped at 120kg for my 4 reps. Target was 125kg so not terrible and I think I'd have got it if it wasn't for the shoulder. Not worth the risk just for an extra 5kg so I'm pleased I stopped.

Dropped down to 100kg for volume and got a set of 12 at that which was really good. Guessing dumbbells are helping with the volume stuff a lot but possible at the expense of 1RM stuff.

So mental banging in double figures at 100
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #3617 on: October 13, 2020, 11:10:40 AM »

Felt really strong but the shoulder was a little bit niggly so stopped at 120kg for my 4 reps. Target was 125kg so not terrible and I think I'd have got it if it wasn't for the shoulder. Not worth the risk just for an extra 5kg so I'm pleased I stopped.

Dropped down to 100kg for volume and got a set of 12 at that which was really good. Guessing dumbbells are helping with the volume stuff a lot but possible at the expense of 1RM stuff.

Fair play No doubt Mr Evil is a strong lad.. i can squeeze about 5 at 100KG couple at 110..never really gone beyond that.. PT has me following a Marcus Filly style functional body building scheme alongside the met con stuff.. lots of super sets but focusing on slow movement ..example 70kg bench press but 3 seconds bringing it down then expload up followed by similar tempo with 40kg bent over bar bell rows..the idea is about control and tempo.. they can be very tough..try lowering a 70kg bar bell slowly for 3 seconds for 8 reps ..blimey was sweating lol

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3618 on: October 13, 2020, 01:51:30 PM »

I'm tempted to work on this and see how far I can push it. Might try a block of high volume bench on my second chest session on a Tuesday instead of the dumbbells. Saturday benching is more low volume now so some double figure stuff would be good.

I reckon 18 to 20 is feasible but would need a spot heading to those sort of numbers.

Might get on to these on Tuesday.....

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3619 on: October 13, 2020, 01:55:36 PM »

Fair play No doubt Mr Evil is a strong lad.. i can squeeze about 5 at 100KG couple at 110..never really gone beyond that.. PT has me following a Marcus Filly style functional body building scheme alongside the met con stuff.. lots of super sets but focusing on slow movement ..example 70kg bench press but 3 seconds bringing it down then expload up followed by similar tempo with 40kg bent over bar bell rows..the idea is about control and tempo.. they can be very tough..try lowering a 70kg bar bell slowly for 3 seconds for 8 reps ..blimey was sweating lol

Tempo stuff is absolutely nuts. My shoulder press and incline press which are both on machines are done this way and I'm at about half the weight I'd do for a normal pace set.

I'm not at 3 seconds but probably about 2 seconds with a definite pause at the bottom before hitting that explode button.

Complete killer......

I'll try a set of those on the bench at 70kg to see where I'm at. I can imagine 8 being really tough, certainly as hard as double figure reps at 100kg standard pace.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #3620 on: October 13, 2020, 02:56:29 PM »

Tempo stuff is absolutely nuts. My shoulder press and incline press which are both on machines are done this way and I'm at about half the weight I'd do for a normal pace set.

I'm not at 3 seconds but probably about 2 seconds with a definite pause at the bottom before hitting that explode button.

Complete killer......

I'll try a set of those on the bench at 70kg to see where I'm at. I can imagine 8 being really tough, certainly as hard as double figure reps at 100kg standard pace.

enjoy lol... controlling that weight on a slow descent had my arms trembling a couple of times loool

the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #3621 on: October 13, 2020, 03:00:21 PM »

Thoughts on offering advice to strangers in the gym ?.. i keep myself to myself and dont train with anyone apart from PT time.. im not keen on going up to strangers and offering wisdom although saw a young lad the other day look to deadlift something way beyond him..his start position was like a bent over old man.. he didnt even move it and got up holding his back and wincing.. i felt the urge to say something and offer guidance about how to deadlift properly as this is a movement you can really hurt yourself on.. not sure how advice from strangers would be viewed ?

How would you feel getting advice from strangers ?

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3622 on: October 13, 2020, 04:10:59 PM »

Thoughts on offering advice to strangers in the gym ?.. i keep myself to myself and dont train with anyone apart from PT time.. im not keen on going up to strangers and offering wisdom although saw a young lad the other day look to deadlift something way beyond him..his start position was like a bent over old man.. he didnt even move it and got up holding his back and wincing.. i felt the urge to say something and offer guidance about how to deadlift properly as this is a movement you can really hurt yourself on.. not sure how advice from strangers would be viewed ?

Ask him if he minds you giving him advice.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #3623 on: October 13, 2020, 04:28:58 PM »

why are you here ? you have no possible interest in this thread other than trolling

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3624 on: October 13, 2020, 04:39:12 PM »

why are you here ? you have no possible interest in this thread other than trolling

I'm a mod. I read every thread, make sure ***** like you are behaving.

If I was trolling I woulda said 'Ask him if he wants advice rather than just forcing your opinion on him like you do with everything else'

But I'm not trolling, so I won't say that.

Have a nice date mate.

the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #3625 on: October 13, 2020, 04:42:40 PM »

If I was trolling I woulda said 'Ask him if he wants advice rather than just forcing your opinion on him like you do with everything else'

Have a nice date mate.

you can mod without commenting ... your comment has no bearing on your mod duties.. you have no real interest in the thread.. your comment is only here because you mate made it. To be honest a case can be made for you bringing your position into disrepute

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3626 on: October 13, 2020, 04:48:22 PM »

Have a nice date mate.

you can mod without commenting ... your comment has no bearing on your mod duties.. you have no real interest in the thread.. your comment is only here because you mate made it. To be honest a case can be made for you bringing your position into disrepute

My position has always been in disrepute, but the wages for modding are too good to just give it up.

I can mod without commenting but I can equally mod with commenting. Which I have chosen to do in this instance. Just remember, you started this by asking a question. Why mention things if you don't want them discussed? Wink

the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #3627 on: October 13, 2020, 04:55:17 PM »

Have a nice date mate.

My position has always been in disrepute, but the wages for modding are too good to just give it up.

I can mod without commenting but I can equally mod with commenting. Which I have chosen to do in this instance. Just remember, you started this by asking a question. Why mention things if you don't want them discussed? Wink

I was asking the opinion of my gym peers..you cannot possibly be included in this group.. i refuse to start a convo and then disappear when challenged

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3628 on: October 13, 2020, 05:57:49 PM »

Tell him he'll end up walking like me if he keeps it up, and that should stop him.

Obv leave out the reason for that is nothing to do with heavy deadlifts Grin

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3629 on: October 13, 2020, 05:58:13 PM »

Have a nice date mate.

Cheesy Cheesy

Pages: 1 ... 238 239 240 241 [242] 243 244 245 246 ... 282 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: