blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 03:31:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make you STRONG
Pages: 1 ... 261 262 263 264 [265] 266 267 268 269 ... 282 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make you STRONG  (Read 534968 times)
Ledders

View Profile
« Reply #3960 on: June 04, 2021, 10:17:22 PM »

Wow fantastic video
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3961 on: June 05, 2021, 11:43:03 AM »

https://barbend.com/2021-worlds-strongest-man-qualifier-groups/

WSM groups announced.    Hollands and Bishop are training partners so brutal to be drawn in the same group after working together all year.  Shaw will have no excuses from his relatively easy group.    Felix/Tom S have run into two yanks with huge egos.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3962 on: June 05, 2021, 07:47:27 PM »

Very slightly dodgy shoulder today so went for a volume session instead of outright weight

140 x 2
140 x 2
120 x 5
120 x 5
120 x 5
120 x 5
100 x 12
100 x 10
100 x 9

Was absolute toast after that little lot but felt great to get some real volume in for the first time in a good while

It feels like my conditioning has faltered a bit since starting back at the gym so maybe a slightly lighter block getting more reps in will be of benefit.

Shoulder is obviously not terrible to be able to do the above but it definitely didn't feel 'on point'.... Going to do plenty of foam roller work on it over the next few days which will hopefully settle it back down.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3963 on: June 05, 2021, 08:04:36 PM »

Very slightly dodgy shoulder today so went for a volume session instead of outright weight

140 x 2
140 x 2
120 x 5
120 x 5
120 x 5
120 x 5
100 x 12
100 x 10
100 x 9

Was absolute toast after that little lot but felt great to get some real volume in for the first time in a good while

It feels like my conditioning has faltered a bit since starting back at the gym so maybe a slightly lighter block getting more reps in will be of benefit.

Shoulder is obviously not terrible to be able to do the above but it definitely didn't feel 'on point'.... Going to do plenty of foam roller work on it over the next few days which will hopefully settle it back down.

Overhead shoulder press numbers right?  Cheesy
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3964 on: June 06, 2021, 05:06:30 PM »

140 x 2
140 x 2
120 x 5
120 x 5
120 x 5
120 x 5
100 x 12
100 x 10
100 x 9

Yes mate, kg dumbbells.......

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3965 on: June 06, 2021, 09:07:45 PM »

140 x 2
140 x 2
120 x 5
120 x 5
120 x 5
120 x 5
100 x 12
100 x 10
100 x 9

Yes mate, kg dumbbells.......

Easy game  Cool

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #3966 on: June 07, 2021, 12:59:41 PM »

Only trained twice last week, as my gym seems to be selling half the equipment, and most of the best bits I use every week  

'They're getting lots more stuff' is the reason, but they've only got one big multi-exercise thing that looks like an eyesore, and I can't make out what any of the stations do.

Might have to find another gym end of June when my membership runs out, as I'm going to be pretty limited in what I can do the next month or so, unless lots of new kit turns up.

198 this morning, but I've eaten a lot of crap this week Grin

Back to 4 sessions this week, and will hopefully be someone there when I train on Monday to show me what this new monstrosity is supposed to do.

Sucks when they f**k with your gym doesn't it. Hopefully they'll improve it but if not you can't be scared to make the switch. There's so many gyms out there these days you really should be able to find something that works well for your needs. Might be able to find one with PTs in house as well so you always have someone there to assist you.

198 seems pretty good, weren't you up to 210+ at one stage?

I'm hovering around 230 to 235 at the moment but pretty happy at that. Carrying slightly more body fat than I'd like but nothing too excessive so I'm not going to go hungry trying to drop half a stone that I'll just put back on.

I'm not worried, and I've already spoken to my mate who was my PT. He said that one in Weymouth would be good for me, as it's all in one room and open plan for me to stagger around.

Got unti holidays (hopefully) to see what happens, and will see what happens when I get back. As you say, hopefully they'll replace all the kit with like for like stuff.

I was 275 when  I started back in the gym before Xmas 2015, 195 summer 2018, then back up to 230-240 last summer. I've ditched most of it just being sensible over the last lockdown, and not being too invested in being chief Haagen Daz taster in the house.

Nosey Q, but how was life at this? In terms of quality of life, getting to that weight, staying at that weight?

Much the same as it is now, I was still using crutches to get around indoors, and my wheelchair when I went to the hospital etc.

I was a bit stronger back then, as my training was really consistent through the whole of 2018. I just slowly crept back up to 240 over the following couple years, and the first lockdown was a lot of eating fun Cheesy

Looks like you're flying from that workout there, so massive congrats!

Do you find your weight correlates with quality of life? I think last year when I was training hard there were weeks my quality of life decreased because my brain couldn't recover and I ended up in bed for a few days. I had a weekend in bed this weekend too, I think recovery takes a whole different strategy now. Last three weeks I have stuck to 4 a week, but realistically if I keep moving forward with numbers I may have to drop to 3 a week.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3967 on: June 07, 2021, 03:36:43 PM »

When my weight is higher, it's much better, or at least more fun. I don't notice much difference. My legs are useless all the time, and neuropathy is just pretty constant. Clonus is always really bad when I train, as you're obviously stressing the CNS.

Other than when I'm on my feet, I'm lucky that things are pretty stable, and my MRIs haven't shown much change in the last 14 years, other than still looking for a brain Grin

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #3968 on: June 14, 2021, 09:20:42 AM »

When my weight is higher, it's much better, or at least more fun. I don't notice much difference. My legs are useless all the time, and neuropathy is just pretty constant. Clonus is always really bad when I train, as you're obviously stressing the CNS.

Other than when I'm on my feet, I'm lucky that things are pretty stable, and my MRIs haven't shown much change in the last 14 years, other than still looking for a brain Grin

I guess that bit is a great bit of news!
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3969 on: June 14, 2021, 02:42:11 PM »

Yeah, if my legs had been the same it would be a bonus, but I'll take everything else over that Smiley

Just moving gyms, as I can't train properly at the one I've been using for years. Unfortunate, as the owners are friends of mine, but not much I can do.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3970 on: June 14, 2021, 04:17:34 PM »

Yeah, if my legs had been the same it would be a bonus, but I'll take everything else over that Smiley

Just moving gyms, as I can't train properly at the one I've been using for years. Unfortunate, as the owners are friends of mine, but not much I can do.

Plenty of modern gyms are incredibly accessible so no need for you to struggle unnecessarily

There's a wheelchair bound lady trains at my place with the aid of a PT and she gets around just fine whereas at many other places I've trained at she wouldn't have had a chance.

JD gyms and xercise4less well worth a look if you're still in process of selecting.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3971 on: June 14, 2021, 04:30:58 PM »

Plenty of modern gyms are incredibly accessible so no need for you to struggle unnecessarily

There's a wheelchair bound lady trains at my place with the aid of a PT and she gets around just fine whereas at many other places I've trained at she wouldn't have had a chance.

JD gyms and xercise4less well worth a look if you're still in process of selecting.

Yeah, this one is a little indie one and in an old building, so lots of traversing about, and single/double steps that have taken me out many a time Cheesy

I've already found one my PT sent to me, and he trains there now occasionally - http://www.mission-fitness.uk/

One big open room, and all modern equipment, which I will have no problem using on my own.

Ledders

View Profile
« Reply #3972 on: June 17, 2021, 07:20:01 PM »

What is the reason for the WSM TV contract/schedule to be like it is? It's really fucking annoying.

Not much going on, I have been busy studying for an exam and I find running more of a break during such times.

Got some Adidas Powerlift shoes and they feel great. 115kg 3x4 squats felt good this week.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3973 on: June 17, 2021, 09:49:48 PM »

TV companies pay the bills and in the dark ages before youtube/SM no one really knew what happened outside of the USA until xmas week.   Nowadays the results are everywhere.   Not sure what they can do about it because its impossible to show live and would make shit tv live.   Difficult one.

In personal news got the 40kg dumbells out on chest for a set of 6 unspotted today first time in 2021 since lockdown ended.   First sesson back in April i struggled to shift 24kg's.   Chest strength falls off a cliff for me with an extended break.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3974 on: June 18, 2021, 08:20:03 AM »

https://barbend.com/2021-worlds-strongest-man-results/

Final 10 are confirmed for this weekend's two day final.  Spoiler alert if you want to wait until xmas to find out.  Only three Brits made the final which was a shock to me and none of them won their group.  Lot of bad luck with injuries across the board for the Brits.  3 yanks and 2 Canadian's as well in the final.   Would love some firm's to price this up but i doubt anyone will.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2021, 08:26:06 AM by arbboy » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 261 262 263 264 [265] 266 267 268 269 ... 282 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: