blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:16:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make you STRONG
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 ... 282 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make you STRONG  (Read 530722 times)
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: September 16, 2015, 09:30:12 AM »

Been a great week for me so far.

3 x 6 and 1 x 5 for wide grip chins yesterday which I was really pleased with. Should be in to double figures fairly soon on those.

Still very cautious on the deadlifts but more than happy to stick at 40kg off the rack until I gain a bit more confidence that nothing's going to go pop.

Legs today was really good. Felt strong on everything and managed a very comfortable 75kg squat for 8 reps. Could've done more quite easily but I'm really making sure I don't over do it and injure myself again. That puts me a few weeks ahead of my 100kg target date and an extra 12.5kg on each side doesn't exactly fill me with dread.

I've been trying the coffee thing in the morning and it seems to be making a difference. Might just be placebo but I'll take it anyway.

Just chest to go tomorrow and I'm really hoping to finish out the week with another good session after last week's slightly below par effort.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: September 16, 2015, 09:53:41 AM »

Got the flu so not training. My appetite hasn't gone but i've felt very groggy for the past few days. Won't lift again til i'm recovered fully.

Nothing worse than being in the gym and some selfish bastard starts coughing and sneezing all over the place.

Stay away until you're recovered for others sake as well as your own.

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: September 16, 2015, 10:12:48 AM »

Bit of a C&P from my diary thread.

5th Aug: Chest - 43", Waist - 35", Leg - 23.5", Bicep - 15.75"

12th Aug: Chest - 44.25", Waist - 35.25", Leg - 23.5", Bicep - 15.50"

19th Aug: Chest - 45", Waist 35", Leg - 23.5", Bicep - 16"

9th September: Chest - 44.75", Waist - 35", Leg - 24", Bicep - 16.25"

Mid November target....... Chest - 45", Waist - 34", Leg - 24.5", Bicep - 16.5"

I had started to post these stats on my diary prior to this thread starting. I prefer to post on here because the interaction really helps motivation so here it is....

Basically I'm training to get bigger and the best way to know if the training's working is to measure stuff. I really enjoyed weigh ins and waist measurements on the dieting thread and I always think it's good to look back at how things have progressed. It's a great motivational tool knowing that you've actually made some gains from all the hard work because you really don't notice such gradual changes.

The reason for the mid-November target is a holiday. Always nice to look good for a holiday so bigger chest and slimmer waist is the plan.

Everything is on course for Chest, legs and arms but the 34" waist looks like being a challenge. I'm doing some reasonable abs work so it's just a case of diet to hopefully reveal a lurking six pack. I think I can safely leave that to 4 weeks prior to target date as long as I can stick at 35" in the meantime. 8 weeks to go.......

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: September 16, 2015, 02:15:26 PM »

Been a great week for me so far.

3 x 6 and 1 x 5 for wide grip chins yesterday which I was really pleased with. Should be in to double figures fairly soon on those.

Still very cautious on the deadlifts but more than happy to stick at 40kg off the rack until I gain a bit more confidence that nothing's going to go pop.

Legs today was really good. Felt strong on everything and managed a very comfortable 75kg squat for 8 reps. Could've done more quite easily but I'm really making sure I don't over do it and injure myself again. That puts me a few weeks ahead of my 100kg target date and an extra 12.5kg on each side doesn't exactly fill me with dread.

I've been trying the coffee thing in the morning and it seems to be making a difference. Might just be placebo but I'll take it anyway.

Just chest to go tomorrow and I'm really hoping to finish out the week with another good session after last week's slightly below par effort.

Placebo or not, if it helps!

Thats crazy progress on the squats, especially if (i assume) you are taking it slow/cautiously.

I think those chins are really impressive too, having bumped myself up 2kg over the last few weeks, I am finding them significantly more difficult, and you are still heavier than me.

I always think measurements are a better tracker or progress than actual weight. I am just to lazy to keep doing them. As long as I am progressing in training and the diet is consistent, I am happy. Plus it will be a huge ego dent when I measure and my arms and legs are similar to a 15 year old girl.
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: September 20, 2015, 09:29:38 AM »

So I have no idea what I've done, but my lower back is in bits. Ordinarily I'd blame an errant squat or deadlift, but I feel like my form has been spot on lately. May have slept on it weird or something?

Anyways I'm going to skip anything lower back intensive until it stops hurting. Expecting this will be in the region of 3 or 4 days. Anything longer than a week and I'lll be taking a trip to the physio! This means I'll be skipping the push press today, performing my shoulder accessory stuff seated, and skipping the abdominal movements. If I switch bench day and deadlift day next week then I should be alright.
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 20, 2015, 08:09:04 PM »

Felt good enough to go back to the gym and eased myself in with about 10kg off what I would have lifted that day. Did it nice and easy.

Weighed in at 71.1kg. Given I started this whole thing at 66.5 i am really really pleased with that. I don't know what body weight to shoot for as such, but going to keep going with the kcals and the lifting and see where I am at xmas time Smiley
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 21, 2015, 05:42:13 PM »

First gym session since Thursday due to a weekend away.

Was very tough but the same sort of session as last week. 5x8 all the way through. Enjoying it quite alot actually.

How is everyone else doing?
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 21, 2015, 08:14:12 PM »

From today I'm back to uni and a 9-5 lifestyle. Summery days spent wandering into the gym at 11am and having all the machines to myself are unfortunately no more. The post work 5pm rush is my new friend.

Prior to my training I had been doing a bit of boxing. Decided to pack that in now and find something less physically exhaustive so it doesn't hamper my lifts. Got my very first jiu jitsu class tonight.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: September 24, 2015, 07:58:45 PM »

Decided to take this week off. I've always believed in having a rest week every so often and it just happens to fit in perfectly with how the week's panned out.

I was away at the weekend so felt super tired Monday morning and just couldn't face training. I had to be on the road early Tuesday which meant I couldn't train again.

As I had physio booked in for Wednesday I decided after Tuesday to just take a full week. I've done about 6 weeks without an unscheduled day off and I've made really good progress so it won't hurt to have a break. I've still been doing my stretching in the evenings nut other than that it's been a nice break.

Will be back on it Monday morning fully refreshed and raring to go!!

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: September 25, 2015, 01:39:55 PM »

Laptop is slowly dyin, hence the lack of interaction and typing on my iPad drives me nuts.

In for upper body today. Been doing some 5x8.

Will go slightly high volume today. And then think about some strength work next week.

Still very keen to tick the 50s off.

Updates elsewhere?
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: September 25, 2015, 04:39:25 PM »

Been busy with this PT training course and knackered from the practical sessions. Couple that with my recent back hiccup and I've really not been following my program for a whole week.

With that said, we went downstairs for some deadlifts during yesterdays practical session and I cleared 190kg without even trying. Super happy about that. Reckon I'm going to shoot for 200kg during my 1rm test next week. Going to give squats and overhead a miss due to my back. I'll still get some done but I wont be testing my one rep.
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: September 25, 2015, 11:01:50 PM »

Decided to take this week off. I've always believed in having a rest week every so often and it just happens to fit in perfectly with how the week's panned out.

I was away at the weekend so felt super tired Monday morning and just couldn't face training. I had to be on the road early Tuesday which meant I couldn't train again.

As I had physio booked in for Wednesday I decided after Tuesday to just take a full week. I've done about 6 weeks without an unscheduled day off and I've made really good progress so it won't hurt to have a break. I've still been doing my stretching in the evenings nut other than that it's been a nice break.

Will be back on it Monday morning fully refreshed and raring to go!!

Very wise to take a week off imo. A guy that used to work at my old work place used to 'show', so was always training hard, but he took 5-7 days off every couple of months. He was pretty sure it was what kept him pretty much injury free.
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: September 26, 2015, 12:34:31 AM »

Progress has been steady lately apart from hurting my left leg a bit which means i've skipped the squats completely. Otherwise looking forward to giving a 110kg deadlift a try next week.

Diet has been decent, except someone probably needs to post something which will stop me from drinking so much diet coke.
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: September 26, 2015, 04:00:52 PM »

Progress has been steady lately apart from hurting my left leg a bit which means i've skipped the squats completely. Otherwise looking forward to giving a 110kg deadlift a try next week.

Diet has been decent, except someone probably needs to post something which will stop me from drinking so much diet coke.

"Daily consumption of diet soda was associated with a 36% greater relative risk of incident metabolic syndrome and a 67% greater relative risk of incident type 2 diabetes compared with nonconsumption."

Taken from this study: Diet Soda Intake and Risk of Incident Metabolic Syndrome and Type 2 Diabetes in the Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: September 28, 2015, 11:19:33 AM »

Making a transition to a more volume based split. Will still be aimin for the 50s, and might still throw in some 4x4 on the DBs.

Training has been really tough lately, and a bit sporadic. But hanging in there, and still making the odd splattering of progress. So could be worse. Back up to 96kg a little quicker than I expected. So gonna curb the pizza for a bit.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 ... 282 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: