blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:05:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make you STRONG
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 ... 282 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make you STRONG  (Read 530782 times)
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: October 28, 2015, 11:45:25 PM »

Good stuff guys. Iraise do you enjoy the high rep stuff?

Not much to update from me, just banging out the program. This will take me into January at which point I'll probaby switch to training strength again.
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: October 29, 2015, 11:27:31 AM »

Haha everyone's knackered from the strength stuff!

I'm on the hypertrophy for another 4 weeks. Unlike Harvey though, I'm going to be reducing reps every week. I'm in the 6-10 rep range at the minute, so if everything goes to plan then I'll be doing 5x6 stuff for my big lifts the week before I get back on the strength hype.

This plan is very subjective and dependant upon how real life stuff goes for the remainder of the year, finding work etc.
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: October 29, 2015, 12:48:49 PM »

Good stuff guys. Iraise do you enjoy the high rep stuff?

Not much to update from me, just banging out the program. This will take me into January at which point I'll probably switch to training strength again.

I guess I prefer strength stuff, I love feeling strong. This is a different kind of challenge though, and knowing its weights I can lift, it is a good mental battle to get as many as I can out.
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: October 29, 2015, 12:49:28 PM »

I'm on the hypertrophy for another 4 weeks. Unlike Harvey though, I'm going to be reducing reps every week. I'm in the 6-10 rep range at the minute, so if everything goes to plan then I'll be doing 5x6 stuff for my big lifts the week before I get back on the strength hype.

This plan is very subjective and dependant upon how real life stuff goes for the remainder of the year, finding work etc.

Confirmed battered.
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: October 29, 2015, 09:24:38 PM »

This made me laugh aha. So far i've found hypertrophy harder work in some ways! But i've enjoyed blasting through sets far more as opposed to doing nothing for most of the time when doing 5x5.

Also gotten a couple of size related compliments lately. Always helps Cheesy
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: October 30, 2015, 05:32:36 PM »

Will keep an update of my weight itt. 73.2kg today. 77 by 31st December is the target.
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: November 03, 2015, 03:34:24 PM »

73.6kg.

Any suggestions for motivational workout music? I usually leave my iPod on shuffle and end up cranking out reps to S Club 7.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 03:39:17 PM by muckthenuts » Logged
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: November 03, 2015, 04:14:46 PM »

73.6kg.

Any suggestions for motivational workout music? I usually leave my iPod on shuffle and end up cranking out reps to S Club 7.

Right there with you, I just have whatever songs gives me the most energy. It varies, sometimes its D&B, R&B, whatever.

The Weeknd are killing it for me at the minute.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: November 03, 2015, 05:01:34 PM »

73.6kg.

Right there with you, I just have whatever songs gives me the most energy. It varies, sometimes its D&B, R&B, whatever.

In what way?

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: November 04, 2015, 01:03:33 PM »

73.6kg.

In what way?

Haha, in a good way, maybe a poor choice of phrase there.

My music taste is notoriously bad, I like to use the term varied.

How are updates going your end Matt?

Sets/weight/reps?

Do you have a set plan when you go in? Or improvise?

Pull ups? I am going to creep them back into my routine, weighin in at 98 at the minute with 4 weeks left of gaining, so inspite of me saying I didn;t want to go back to 100, I am quite excited/hopeful I will get there. Definitely a different body shape to my last clocking at 100.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: November 04, 2015, 01:27:29 PM »

It's all going really well for me at the moment.

Every day is pre-planned with regard to the exercises I'm doing but I'll tweak the weights and reps to suit how good I'm feeling.

Everything's steadily creeping upwards and I'm feeling really positive and most importantly staying injury free. Definitely seeing some improvement in definition as well which is nice.

Pull ups are at 8, 6, 5, 5 which is decent. Think I'm going to start adding some weight to these when I'm back off my holiday and really give them a push. Would like to be able to get 4 sets of 8 out with decreased added weight each set.

Incline and decline bench are at 80kg for 8 reps which is reasonable. I'm quite a bit from failure but I'm not wanting to push too hard.

I've been doing dumbbell press as my benchmark for shoulders and they're at 26kg for 8 reps on the final set. Again not pushing it too much but enough to know I'm at the gym.

Legs tomorrow...... Will try for 100kg squats again but depends on how I feel. I missed legs last week so not sure how that will affect me.

I'll have a measure up tonight and then one more in 10 days just before I go away. I've made a couple of sneaky diet alterations to give the waist a chance of dropping below 35". Nothing drastic at all so might not have happened but we'll see....

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: November 04, 2015, 02:44:44 PM »

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/listening-to-eminem-can-improve-athletic-performance-by-10-a6714991.html

i find certain rap ( eminem included ) music best to work out to...

currently 'Beast ' from the Southpaw movie soundtrack sees me through a power & strength circuit

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: November 04, 2015, 07:02:43 PM »

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/listening-to-eminem-can-improve-athletic-performance-by-10-a6714991.html

currently 'Beast ' from the Southpaw movie soundtrack sees me through a power & strength circuit

Sounds interesting. What are you up to at the moment?
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: November 04, 2015, 09:32:55 PM »

Sounds interesting. What are you up to at the moment?

my workout? or music? Smiley

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: November 06, 2015, 10:53:22 AM »

Matt how did legs go?
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 ... 282 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: