blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 11:56:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make you STRONG
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 ... 282 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make you STRONG  (Read 534107 times)
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #345 on: November 22, 2015, 11:18:11 PM »

I have settled on a routine now.

One weights day, one day cardio x3 then a rest day each week.

Not going to worry about protein at all until I drop body fat, but I assume I will get the physique I want anyway on the current diet. I just think I need shredding really.

Getting great results, the hard to shift body fat is depleting (but quite slow going, to be expected though, I have only been around 2 weeks at it) and I have been slightly upping the routine in either reps, resistance or weight in all areas. Plus I am doing full stretch outs most days and making sure I am taking it easy enough so i can go again the next day. Feeling good, buzzing with it, and I am surprised that I think I will find exercising hard quite easy and enjoyable from this point on which is refreshing.

I will post up some stats eventually on the routine.

Big fan of the 1 on / 1 off routines. Looking forward to seeing what sort of results you get. Smiley
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #346 on: November 23, 2015, 06:02:40 PM »

Slowly but surely my knee is starting to feel less painful. The general consensus regarding ligament damage seems to be that it needs rest to fully recuperate rather than any light work to strengthen the area, so i'm going to leave the squat rack firmly alone for a while yet. Haven't squatted in ages now and i can't decide whether i miss it or not Cheesy

Another thing i've just started doing before my hypertrophy training is necking a glass of fizzy orange lucozade before my sessions just to give me a little boost after a long day of work. Any thoughts regarding pre-workout shakes?
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #347 on: November 23, 2015, 06:25:40 PM »

Finally hit 4x20 for squats Saturday. Really tough session but very confident I can hit that on a diet and get more weight next time around.

Little disappointed with my form on the last set. But we learn.

Diet starts next week and I think I will be around the 100kg still at the start so it makes for easy maths.

How's everybody else dong.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #348 on: November 26, 2015, 03:31:07 PM »

I have an ACL injury on my left knee that I am doing sort of body weight stuff with when I work on my legs. I'm pre op and need to wait a couple of months for it. Because of this, I generally have only been doing dumbbell and machine stuff where I'm standing less for my upper body.

Am I missing a trick having to do loads of isolates? I feel like on weights day it takes me an age to cover all of my upper body. Just to let you know I'm keen doing all of the upper body in one day, I don't mind a long day with it.

I really wouldn't mind a routine that you did less to get the same results as three seperate routines. Like I imagine push ups does your chest and back. Or pull ups would do arms, back and shoulders. I couldn't do the former because of my knee.

My knee could probably allow for a bit of weight. I'm wondering firstly if I am worrying about nothing or if there are things I can do that would work better than dumbbells to expediate my routine even with a very dodgy knee.

Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #349 on: November 26, 2015, 03:49:59 PM »

Btw push ups are fine I just tried. I must just hate them, never strung more than 10 proper ones together in one go lifetime probs.
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #350 on: November 26, 2015, 05:57:50 PM »

Deadlifts shouldn't be particularly taxing on the knees anywat, but if it's giving you grief, then you can perform what's called a "rack pull." Basically raise the height of the bar without raising the platform (you can use blocks or plates or safety rails in your squat rack or power rack.) From there, you're going to perform the top half of the deadlift, making sure that you still contract your glutes at the top of the movement.

That looks like a plan

As for squats, it's going to depend exactly what you've done to your knee. You could try "reverse lunges." Performing lunges in this way will give you greater control over the tracking of your knee, if that's what's causing the issue. Alternatively, you could try "box squats," where you set up something behind you to sit on, which will give you greater control over the depth of your squat.

Also looks like a plan

If you're following 5x5 then presumably you wouldn't perform "leg extensions" anyway, but definitely stay away from that movement. That will fuck your shit up at the best of times, nevermind if your knee is already in bits Wink

LOL, this probably explains why I am in this mess in the first place, I've been doing the shit out of this Smiley oops

Thanks fella

No problem. Looking forward to following your progress Smiley

My knee feels great after three stronglift sessions, I was realy worried about it because I havent deadlifted/squatted in about a month.

Stopping doing the leg extensions has seemingly fixed the problem, thanks zerofive!
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #351 on: December 01, 2015, 09:39:09 AM »

Back in to the training regime yesterday following a two week lay off. The holiday went well and the flight caused no back problems as confirmed by the physio when I got home so everything's looking good for the foreseeable future.

I had a decent shoulder session yesterday morning and then a bit of stretching in the evening followed by a good back session this morning. Everything's very positive at the moment.

I didn't quite hit my goals before my holiday but I'm not overly worried. I set a couple of the targets a bit too high but it was nice to get there with the others and maintain a decent waist measurement whilst gaining elsewhere.

New targets for the next few months in the run up to my next break which is February 28th.......

4 x 10 chin ups
100 push ups
Maintain 35" or less waist

I started back on the 100 push up challenge last night and it went well. A few blondes tried it a while ago but it kind of died a death before anyone hit the mark unfortunately. Anyway I'm on it now and I 100% WILL succeed. I managed 28 for the test and then completed week 1, day 1 quite easily. I'll be doing these Monday, Wednesday and Friday after my evening stretch routine. I'll post updates here for those interested.

The main thing for me is making sure that I stay reasonably trim so that's where the waist measurement comes in. I'll monitor it mainly by my belt which whilst it's on it's third notch I know I'm fine. Just planning on maintaining a (mostly) healthy diet, training regularly and pushing for those two bodyweight based targets. I'm not expecting to hit the 100 push ups in the 6 weeks the app suggests but we shall see...

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #352 on: December 02, 2015, 09:23:29 PM »

Been absolutely run into the ground lately with some pretty big real life stuff, and managed to pick up a cold along the way, so my training has basically been non-existent. I've basically done a handful of exercises with some of my clients and that's been it.

I've got a new modified 5x5 program which I will be doing for 12 weeks. I was supposed to start on monday 23rd, and I still don't feel even 50%. I reckon by the coming monday I should be able to get back on it. Plan is to work on getting stronger in my squat, deadlift and bench press, while increasing my pull-up number as well. I'll include some mobility drills and some steady state cardio too. Really looking forward to it.

If anyone wants a look at the rough program, I'm happy to post it here.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #353 on: December 03, 2015, 02:49:49 AM »

Been absolutely run into the ground lately with some pretty big real life stuff, and managed to pick up a cold along the way, so my training has basically been non-existent. I've basically done a handful of exercises with some of my clients and that's been it.

I've got a new modified 5x5 program which I will be doing for 12 weeks. I was supposed to start on monday 23rd, and I still don't feel even 50%. I reckon by the coming monday I should be able to get back on it. Plan is to work on getting stronger in my squat, deadlift and bench press, while increasing my pull-up number as well. I'll include some mobility drills and some steady state cardio too. Really looking forward to it.

If anyone wants a look at the rough program, I'm happy to post it here.

If you don't mind posting it, then I'd definitely be interested in taking a look mate.

Cheers

zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #354 on: December 05, 2015, 01:12:32 AM »

The outline of the program is as follows: Day 1 is Squats, Day 2 is Deadlifts, Day 3 is Upper Body, and Day 4 is High Intensity Interval Training

Days 1-3 will follow this structure: Joe DeFranco's "Limber 11" to warmup, followed by a plyometric activation drill. Then we will perform the main lift, three accessory lifts, pull-ups, and something to target the abs to finish. Iwill be rotating some of the movements, but it will look a bit like this:

Day 1: Squats
  • Sprints 5x10m
  • Front Squat 5x5
  • Romanian Deadlift 5x5
  • Split Squat 5x5
  • Single Leg Hamstring Curl 3x8
  • Pull-ups 5xAMAP
  • Hanging Leg Raise 3x15

Day 2: Deadlifts
  • Box Jumps 5x3
  • Deadlift 5x5
  • Glute Bridge 5x5
  • Farmer's Carry 5x15m
  • Face Pulls 3x8
  • Pull-ups Ladder (1 rep 10 secs rest; 2 reps 20 secs rest; 3 reps 30 secs rest; and so on until we miss the target)
  • Russian Twist 3x15

Day 3: Upper
  • Kettlebell Swings 5x5
  • Bench Press 5x5
  • Bentover Row 5x5
  • Push Press 5x5
  • External Shoulder Rotations 3x8
  • Pull-ups 5x? (as many as you can do with textbook form)
  • Weighted Plank 3x30seconds
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #355 on: December 05, 2015, 06:03:31 PM »

Took a week off and somehow finding myself in the gym and breaking my deadlift PB, its taken three years but finally got a 200kg, felt pretty comfortable too especially since I have had a strength training lay off.

Diet started this week and started at 99kg just to mess up the maths.

Looking to be 85-90 by May, and hopefully no drastic approaches.

Training restarts again next week with a 3x3 to start. Looking to get the dead at 180, squat 140 and bench 110. If i get that by the end of Jan will be really happy.

Didn't quite put on the size/hit the numbers I was wanting but there is always next year.

And definitely wanting to match Matt with pull ups.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #356 on: December 05, 2015, 06:09:47 PM »

Haha, good stuff.

I don't think I'll be hitting any PBs too quickly after 4 years off Cheesy

The outline of the program is as follows: Day 1 is Squats, Day 2 is Deadlifts, Day 3 is Upper Body, and Day 4 is High Intensity Interval Training

Days 1-3 will follow this structure: Joe DeFranco's "Limber 11" to warmup, followed by a plyometric activation drill. Then we will perform the main lift, three accessory lifts, pull-ups, and something to target the abs to finish. Iwill be rotating some of the movements, but it will look a bit like this:

Day 1: Squats
  • Sprints 5x10m
  • Front Squat 5x5
  • Romanian Deadlift 5x5
  • Split Squat 5x5
  • Single Leg Hamstring Curl 3x8
  • Pull-ups 5xAMAP
  • Hanging Leg Raise 3x15

Day 2: Deadlifts
  • Box Jumps 5x3
  • Deadlift 5x5
  • Glute Bridge 5x5
  • Farmer's Carry 5x15m
  • Face Pulls 3x8
  • Pull-ups Ladder (1 rep 10 secs rest; 2 reps 20 secs rest; 3 reps 30 secs rest; and so on until we miss the target)
  • Russian Twist 3x15

Day 3: Upper
  • Kettlebell Swings 5x5
  • Bench Press 5x5
  • Bentover Row 5x5
  • Push Press 5x5
  • External Shoulder Rotations 3x8
  • Pull-ups 5x? (as many as you can do with textbook form)
  • Weighted Plank 3x30seconds

Cheers for posting that up, Sean.

Some intense looking stuff, hope it goes well.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #357 on: December 05, 2015, 11:59:33 PM »

Great work on the deadlift Harvey. Are you taking before and after pics now that you're on a trimming down phase? Be interesting to see the difference between 99kg and 85kg even if only you get to see it.

Sean, how long do those sessions take? They look like about 90 to 120 minutes to me. There's no way I could stay in the gym that long I have to admit. 45 minutes suits me perfectly in the morning and then another 30 minutes or so in the evening. Looks like a killer routine especially legs day. Enjoy!!

I've managed 3 sessions of my little push up challenge. I was trying to use an app but for some reason it keeps messing up day 2 and telling me I should be doing 2, 3, 3, 2, 3+ which I think may be slightly wrong.....

Anyway I've just decided to do my own thing instead of following the app. I'll keep a spreadsheet of progress and perhaps stick it on googledocs when I manage to get there. The plan is 3 nights a week with steady increments up to a total of 200 across 5 sets. Currently on 80 so quite a way to go although there's plenty left in the tank. I definitely don't want to rush so I'm quite happy to add 5 reps per session. Once I hit the 200 total I'll have a crack at the 100 in one go. Might have to film it just in case I manage it and need to show off a bit.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #358 on: December 06, 2015, 02:33:37 PM »

Sean, how long do those sessions take? They look like about 90 to 120 minutes to me. There's no way I could stay in the gym that long I have to admit. 45 minutes suits me perfectly in the morning and then another 30 minutes or so in the evening. Looks like a killer routine especially legs day. Enjoy!!

Can't imagine it ever taking longer than 60 minutes. Ideally would be in and out in 45 minutes, but the 5 rep stuff requires a little more rest, plus there are a few single leg/arm movements in there.
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #359 on: December 06, 2015, 03:20:21 PM »

Great work on the deadlift Harvey. Are you taking before and after pics now that you're on a trimming down phase? Be interesting to see the difference between 99kg and 85kg even if only you get to see it.

I've managed 3 sessions of my little push up challenge. I was trying to use an app but for some reason it keeps messing up day 2 and telling me I should be doing 2, 3, 3, 2, 3+ which I think may be slightly wrong.....

Anyway I've just decided to do my own thing instead of following the app. I'll keep a spreadsheet of progress and perhaps stick it on googledocs when I manage to get there. The plan is 3 nights a week with steady increments up to a total of 200 across 5 sets. Currently on 80 so quite a way to go although there's plenty left in the tank. I definitely don't want to rush so I'm quite happy to add 5 reps per session. Once I hit the 200 total I'll have a crack at the 100 in one go. Might have to film it just in case I manage it and need to show off a bit.

I kinda hate before/after photos as they are so easy to manipulate, will try and do a few different angle to show how posing helps so much.

with you with sessions times, 45 mins is the absolute for me. Enjoy it so much when its around that time, any more and it becomes a real struggle.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 ... 282 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: