blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:47:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make you STRONG
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 ... 282 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make you STRONG  (Read 533931 times)
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #465 on: January 08, 2016, 03:37:07 AM »

Am I the only one who really enjoys leg day?

Nah, I enjoy it. Definitely better than upper body day.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #466 on: January 08, 2016, 03:38:07 AM »

Ant your shoulder question? Arent you just turning it into a circuit? This is where programming comes in, and I can't answer the question without knowing alot about you. I.E. do you need to be balanced, are you hitting all heads of the muscle, are you using it to enhance your bench, do you do sports where one is needed more than the other, previous injures etc etc.

In short, I am inclined to say it doesn't matter, adherence is always the most important factor. But if you get injured, you've programmed it wrong, but that is a kinda specific question. And I hate answering those kind of questions in ignorance.

BB vs DB. Who cares, just try your best on each one. Some people prefer DB some BB. Some are better with DB others with BB. Like bodyfat, seems a totally useless thing to want to know. Focus on the things that matter.

Ty for the input. Much appreciated.
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #467 on: January 08, 2016, 12:44:29 PM »

Ant your shoulder question? Arent you just turning it into a circuit? This is where programming comes in, and I can't answer the question without knowing alot about you. I.E. do you need to be balanced, are you hitting all heads of the muscle, are you using it to enhance your bench, do you do sports where one is needed more than the other, previous injures etc etc.

In short, I am inclined to say it doesn't matter, adherence is always the most important factor. But if you get injured, you've programmed it wrong, but that is a kinda specific question. And I hate answering those kind of questions in ignorance.

BB vs DB. Who cares, just try your best on each one. Some people prefer DB some BB. Some are better with DB others with BB. Like bodyfat, seems a totally useless thing to want to know. Focus on the things that matter.

Ty for the input. Much appreciated.

Very welcome
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #468 on: January 08, 2016, 12:45:41 PM »

Mine is such a love hate affair. By far my favorite day when I am progressing. A nightmare when I can't break the PB barriers.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #469 on: January 10, 2016, 01:49:56 PM »

Really pi**ed off this morning!! I got up at 7.30 to be at the gym for 8am opening and nobody turned up to open the doors!!

I gave up at 8.45 and I've heard from another member that it still wasn't open at 9.45!! Absolutely disgraceful!!

Unfortunately because it's such a perfect gym for my needs and also only £15 a month I can't see what complaining will achieve. If there was anything even nearly as good locally I'd leave and encourage others to do the same.

Anyway that's my little rant for the morning.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #470 on: January 10, 2016, 01:58:57 PM »

The reason for the Sunday session was because I missed Thursday. I had physio on Wednesday and I was really sore afterwards so thought it best to give it a miss. I'm still not fully over my cold either so an extra few days seemed a good idea.

My press ups have been set back a little bit as well but it's obviously too soon to panic about that. I managed a session last night and got 118 out over the 5 sets which is my best so far so I'm happy with the progress. I'm going to stick to the 5 sets and hopefully get up to sets of 40 or so. If I can do this 3 times a week by April then I'll catch up easily enough and get to the 25k.

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #471 on: January 10, 2016, 03:07:41 PM »

I love legs day. Unfortunately I only have about 45 minutes to train and it isn't quite long enough to get in a proper session.

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #472 on: January 10, 2016, 10:29:20 PM »

Really pi**ed off this morning!! I got up at 7.30 to be at the gym for 8am opening and nobody turned up to open the doors!!

I gave up at 8.45 and I've heard from another member that it still wasn't open at 9.45!! Absolutely disgraceful!!

Unfortunately because it's such a perfect gym for my needs and also only £15 a month I can't see what complaining will achieve. If there was anything even nearly as good locally I'd leave and encourage others to do the same.

That would infuriate me so much. But I guess if it is a one off I could let it go. Plus if it has the equipment you like to you are tied in. Our gym has been refurbed and the new stuff is just so much worse.
sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #473 on: January 10, 2016, 10:45:34 PM »

That would infuriate me so much. But I guess if it is a one off I could let it go. Plus if it has the equipment you like to you are tied in. Our gym has been refurbed and the new stuff is just so much worse.

I'm ready for a change of gym, i get half price membership at virgin but they closed their bradford gym & now the one i go to in leeds is packed, its even worse with the january new joiners.  Pool was out of action with the flooding in kirkstall.  Not sure if to join one of the "pure" gyms as i really do like the pool & sauna etc, just the gym where i am now is packed all the time.

any leeds gym people make any recommendations, probably prefer one outside of the city centre.

In the category of Funniest Poster I nominate sovietsong. - mantis 21/12/2012
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #474 on: January 11, 2016, 09:17:09 AM »

Managed a 100kg bench press this morning Smiley

60kg x 12
80kg x 10
100kg x 4
100kg x 5

Happy times!!

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #475 on: January 11, 2016, 09:47:03 AM »

60kg x 12
80kg x 10
100kg x 4
100kg x 5

Happy times!!

Lots of reps too, what is the plan there? Go from a similar rep scheme as above?
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #476 on: January 11, 2016, 01:05:32 PM »

60kg x 12
80kg x 10
100kg x 4
100kg x 5

Happy times!!

Lots of reps too, what is the plan there? Go from a similar rep scheme as above?

Yeah I wouldn't want to be doing any less than 4 really. I definitely won't be testing 1RM as I train on my own so it's not exactly safe.

The target will always be 6 to 8 and if I start finding 100kg too easy then I'll up it to 105kg. Progress has been ridiculous with bench over the last few weeks so I wouldn't be surprised to hit 105kg reasonably soon. Maybe this is my year to finally become a decent bench presser??

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #477 on: January 11, 2016, 01:23:38 PM »

60kg x 12
80kg x 10
100kg x 4
100kg x 5

Happy times!!

Yeah I wouldn't want to be doing any less than 4 really. I definitely won't be testing 1RM as I train on my own so it's not exactly safe.

The target will always be 6 to 8 and if I start finding 100kg too easy then I'll up it to 105kg. Progress has been ridiculous with bench over the last few weeks so I wouldn't be surprised to hit 105kg reasonably soon. Maybe this is my year to finally become a decent bench presser??

1.5x BW is where I would like to be, but I haven't trained bench for like six months. All over the DBs at the minute, and M.P. I am expecting a nice little bump when I go back to bench as my M.P. is probably 7-10kg stronger than it was when I was benching.

Hunger levels are HIIIIGH today, first time in 6 weeks so I can't complain.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #478 on: January 11, 2016, 03:05:01 PM »

60kg x 12
80kg x 10
100kg x 4
100kg x 5

Happy times!!

1.5x BW is where I would like to be, but I haven't trained bench for like six months. All over the DBs at the minute, and M.P. I am expecting a nice little bump when I go back to bench as my M.P. is probably 7-10kg stronger than it was when I was benching.

Hunger levels are HIIIIGH today, first time in 6 weeks so I can't complain.

Hmmmm...... That'd be about 150kg for me then so some way to go and more than my PB from way back. As much as I'd love to I really doubt I'll go above 120kg unless I get a training partner and have a go at 1RM.

Think I'm going to stick to bench 'til the end of Jan and then give dumbbells a blast just to mix it up a touch. Obviously I always want to hit the 50s so maybe with this new found spurt of strength I might have a chance.

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #479 on: January 11, 2016, 05:52:00 PM »

yeah would be 150 for me too, although i intend to be a lot light this year, still obv want a 150 at some point.

On my last week og this current plan..
OHP

1x3 70kg
1x3 72.5kg
1x2 75kg

Pretty happy with that, i had a huge mental block at 60 a few month ago, and 5x5 60kg was last week and felt crazy easy. So gonna push for 5x5 65kg which is where i started the 3x3 from. (that would mean it would be 'to plan')

Squats tomorrow, definitely want to try a set at 140 for three. But very dependant on how I wake up and hopefully if one of my training partners are there. OHP gets my lower back, so if its too stiff may have to re think.

Next lot of training starts in two weeks, same exercises just 5x5 as the main strength and moving into sets of 8 afterwards.

Really happy with how its going and so chuffed I can progress properly (i.e. every week has been tough) on a kcal deficit. So loving life from a lifting point of view. And checked a new place to move into work wise too. So life is good. Almost certainly helps with the lifting side when you have momentum.

Matt gonna come up to notts next month on a Saturday/Sunday to train with Sean if you are interested?
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 ... 282 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: