blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:22:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make you STRONG
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 ... 282 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make you STRONG  (Read 530939 times)
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #480 on: January 12, 2016, 03:44:48 AM »

Personal update:

Since I started training in October my body weight has gone from 108kgs to 98.5kgs. I've gotten a lot fitter and feel much healthier for it. 98.5kgs though is still much much heavier than I want to be. I'd like to be 85 kilos by the summer. I'm doing more cardio than weights but want to start upping my weights routine to get stronger again.

In 2 weeks I head to Thailand for a month. I'm either going to enroll in a Muay Thai camp for a month and train hard or do a combination of crossfit and yoga. Still undecided.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #481 on: January 12, 2016, 10:48:05 AM »

Personal update:

Since I started training in October my body weight has gone from 108kgs to 98.5kgs. I've gotten a lot fitter and feel much healthier for it. 98.5kgs though is still much much heavier than I want to be. I'd like to be 85 kilos by the summer. I'm doing more cardio than weights but want to start upping my weights routine to get stronger again.

In 2 weeks I head to Thailand for a month. I'm either going to enroll in a Muay Thai camp for a month and train hard or do a combination of crossfit and yoga. Still undecided.

I have heard the Muay Thai campls are brutal, you could be 85 by the end f the camp. lololol. Solid progress though, speshly considering Xmas in the middle
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #482 on: January 12, 2016, 12:23:03 PM »

Gym routine

Upper body day

Start
5 mins bike (work up a sweat)
10 mins full body static stretching
5 mins dynamic stretching
Shoulder press 4x15kg 9/8/8/6 reps
Side bend 2x30kg 12 reps
Horizontal pull up 4x30kg 8-10 reps
Bench press 2x15kg 8-10 2x17.5kg 6 reps
Deadlift pull up one handed single dumbbell 4x30kg 10 reps on each hand (hard to describe but does the lower back without endangering the knees as much, I may change this to a hyperextension while holding a weight as it will probably take half the time)
Lat pull down level 10 4x 8 reps
Chest fly 2x level 9 slow 6 reps
Ab crunch 2x level 7 20-15 reps
Trap shrug 3x 30kg 10 reps
5 mins bike
10 mins static stretching
5 mins dynamic stretching
Finish

On alternate days the trap shrug and chest fly get replaced with biceps and tricpes and on another day standing dumbbell pull up and reverse fly.

Leg day

5 mins bike (work up a sweat)
10 mins static stretch
5 mins dynamic stretch
Abductor machine level 10 10-12 x 5
Adductors machine level 10 10-12 x 5
Calfs machine level 10 10-12 x 5
Hamstring machine level 10 10-12 x 5
Leg press level 20-23 of 25 - 10-12 x 5 (really feel the burn after this)
20 mins bike (can be reduced to 5 mins depending on mood)
10 mins static stretch
5 mins dynamic stretch
Finish

Sun-Fri alternate days, Saturday day off. Rule of if Friday is leg day you start with leg day again on Sunday. I want as strong a knee as possible as I have a torn ACL.

I have not kept to 6 day on fully for a week yet and range between 4-5. Considering how tough the routine is I don't mind that.

I have crept under 15 stone for the first time in a while. I had while i was on the initial weight loss trail but i really had little muscle - a much more trim state now which is good. Looking at how much more fat can go I do wonder just how low I am going to go.

My goal is to get lean then assess the situation and have a good build for a goalkeeper, and for my height the pros are generally 13st 7lbs, Neuer is 14st 7lb and the max i can see is Brad Guzan at 14st 13lbs which i am at now.

I cannot wait to be able to play again and I hope all goes well surgery wise because ironically i am in the best shape of my life but unable to run properly.
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #483 on: January 12, 2016, 06:03:22 PM »

I have a question: Roughly how often do you feel you went to the gym and really emptied the tank, as opposed to leaving and knowing you probably had some more left in you?

Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #484 on: January 12, 2016, 07:22:12 PM »

I never leave thinking I have emptied the tank.

I did when I was on 60 sets, but I definitely felt the drawbacks of overtraining with headaches etc.
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #485 on: January 12, 2016, 11:04:20 PM »

I have honestly never met a fitness professional who I look up to who sees any use in ad/abductor machines. I am inclined to say they are a huge waste of time.

Start lungin/squatting asap.

Shrug needs to be further up the list, if that is the actual order. Big movement, dont leave it last.

Deadlift should be higher too.

Likewise leg press.
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #486 on: January 12, 2016, 11:07:56 PM »

2x3 180kg deads today loving life.

So far been a strong end to this cycle. Two more days to go.

Came in at 93kg today, so 1kg a week since the start of Dec, eating choc rice cakes and skittles everyday for all the clean eaters. Really pleased with the consistency here as I have't been focusing too highly and no cardio yet, aaaand only 4 days in the gym.

Lost of confidence professionally I am sure comes over personally so really enjoying training. Fully intend t step up in Feb and have some pretty tunnelled vision on sub 90kg. Something I haven't seen for a few years now. Clearly a whole difference shape/size and most importantly strength levels.

Holiday next week has definitely come three months early so swings and roundabouts there.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #487 on: January 13, 2016, 11:01:47 AM »

I have honestly never met a fitness professional who I look up to who sees any use in ad/abductor machines. I am inclined to say they are a huge waste of time.

Start lungin/squatting asap.

Shrug needs to be further up the list, if that is the actual order. Big movement, dont leave it last.

Deadlift should be higher too.

Likewise leg press.

That will be applied. Thank you.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #488 on: January 13, 2016, 03:26:18 PM »

Came in at 93kg today, so 1kg a week since the start of Dec, eating choc rice cakes and skittles everyday for all the clean eaters. Really pleased with the consistency here as I have't been focusing too highly and no cardio yet, aaaand only 4 days in the gym.

Lost of confidence professionally I am sure comes over personally so really enjoying training. Fully intend t step up in Feb and have some pretty tunnelled vision on sub 90kg. Something I haven't seen for a few years now. Clearly a whole difference shape/size and most importantly strength levels.

Holiday next week has definitely come three months early so swings and roundabouts there.

Beast mode!! I can't imagine dead lifting that amount to be honest and I don't think I'd ever want to. I know it's a great exercise but it's just so much weight to shift that I'd rather go a bit lighter and get a few reps out. Impressive stuff.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #489 on: January 13, 2016, 03:39:14 PM »

Beast mode!! I can't imagine dead lifting that amount to be honest and I don't think I'd ever want to. I know it's a great exercise but it's just so much weight to shift that I'd rather go a bit lighter and get a few reps out. Impressive stuff.

Agreed that is very impressive.  What you think you can reach given the fact you are doing 180kg so young?
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #490 on: January 13, 2016, 04:06:42 PM »

I've decided to cut out chin ups from my upper body routine for a little while. I absolutely love the exercise but they really hurt my arm so I think I'm better off avoiding them and trying to get the arm fixed.

I'll be substituting machine pull downs for now.

Following Harvey's advice about upping the back work I did 5 exercises this morning going back, chest, back, shoulders, back. Seemed to work pretty well so I'll stick with it for a bit.

I did dumbbells today instead of bench and I was really pleased with the result.

8 @ 30kg (too easy....)
8 @ 34kg (pretty easy.....)
8 @ 38kg (Getting harder.....)
8 @ 40kg (Close to failure.....)

As I'm now doing upper body twice per week I'm going to try bench one day and dumbbell the other. Should work out well I think and potentially get me to those 50s some time soon.

I'm doing everything else pretty light as it's all still a bit new. Bent over row is at 60kg and OHP at 40kg. Both are 4 sets of 8 to 10.

All in all very happy Smiley

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #491 on: January 13, 2016, 05:27:30 PM »

Good stuff guys. Some very encouraging words in this thread 
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #492 on: January 13, 2016, 05:48:14 PM »

Matt gonna come up to notts next month on a Saturday/Sunday to train with Sean if you are interested?

Very much depends on what I do Friday/Saturday night......

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #493 on: January 13, 2016, 05:58:26 PM »

Hopefully this next next year that looks light. I don't think its that impressive. I think anyone under 90 repping our 200 plus is pretty impressive.

Definitely fancy 200 for reps.
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #494 on: January 13, 2016, 06:04:12 PM »

Agreed that is very impressive.  What you think you can reach given the fact you are doing 180kg so young?

I honestly have no idea. My mind is warped by comprising myself to people who fail drug tests. Maybe a 300? I am just happy I am enjoying it and I am progressing.

200 for reps is my next short/medium term aim.

But again, I am not sure it is that impressive. It was a shade under 2x BW but I have seen many more reps for 2x. Form wasn't fantastic too, so I am hitting that top range for me right now.

And my squat and bench suck, trololol.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 ... 282 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: