blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:23:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272538 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make you STRONG
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 ... 282 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make you STRONG  (Read 533940 times)
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #510 on: January 16, 2016, 03:51:31 PM »

Bllllaaaaaahh squats were shiiiit.

New program when I get back tho, pushing the 5 rep range. Not got any major targets with it as yet, but we will see how it goes.

I worry that you're being overly hard on yourself with your squats. You can't be amazing at everything you know.

What did you manage yesterday that you class as shiiiit......?

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #511 on: January 16, 2016, 04:03:02 PM »

Press ups are coming along nicely for me. Managed 4 x 25 and 1 x 32 last night for 132 total. Big improvement from when I started so I'm really happy with those. I get a really good chest pump from them as well which feels great.

711 done, only 24289 to go......

I'm currently running about 100 below target for the full week (need about 500) and it's obviously very early days. As long as I get to 500 per week reasonably soon I won't slip further behind and then just need to increase to 600 to claw everything back. I think 5 x 40 should be achievable in a couple of months so sticking to 3 session per week should work nicely.

I'm finding having that 25k target is a really good motivator so I'm glad I came up with it. Think I've set the bar just right as well.

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #512 on: January 16, 2016, 09:06:10 PM »

Got 1x5 125kg on my deadlift today - well pleased with that. Not without a struggle though, legit felt like my head was straining and was going to explode.

Managed to do 5x5 75kg squats as well going very low. I really want 5x5 100kg, hopefully by summer.

Isn't that x2 BW for DL?

If so incredibly, incredibly strong.

Not quite as i weigh 76kg, but thanks for the kind words.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #513 on: January 17, 2016, 01:18:43 PM »

arbboy in the bobble hat

looking very trim

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #514 on: January 17, 2016, 01:57:46 PM »

New program when I get back tho, pushing the 5 rep range. Not got any major targets with it as yet, but we will see how it goes.

I worry that you're being overly hard on yourself with your squats. You can't be amazing at everything you know.

130x3
135x2
Bailed third set.

Kinda mad cos I was really looking forward to it. But some tool who just jumped in front of me and demanded the rack just put me in a bad mood. So just lost concentration.

My squat technique is looking really good, its just the strength side that is letting me down.

Went to the gym in the hotel today, and it was a typical hotel gym so got creative. And we are walking around 4-5 miles today so hopefully will keep up some momentum this week, even a rest from the strength side.

Had to resist eating everything at breakfast today as well, buffet's are my kryptonite.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #515 on: January 17, 2016, 03:05:42 PM »

130x3
135x2
Bailed third set.

Honestly it's ridiculous that you think that's a shiiiit squat.

You're not an Olympic power lifter, you're not aiming to be the next Mr Olympia, you're not gunning for WSM. You get where I'm going with this?

You're not genetically gifted so you're never going to be doing any of the above. You're not taking steroids so how in the name of f**k is sticking almost 3 plates on a barbell and squatting it shiiiit?

I'd be amazed if 0.01% of the population could squat as much as you do so be happy with it. It's f**king heavy!!!!

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #516 on: January 17, 2016, 08:36:16 PM »

All very true. And comparisons are cheap/not fair in health and fitness.

Reaaally want a three plate. I just suck at the mental side of squats, when I am on it, I can progress weekly, but I am such a bottler when it comes to then.

I was actually thinking about doing some amateur strongman in like 4-5 years time. But not sure I could handle all the injuries.

I think I have loads of improvement for all three lifts. Speshly bench as I don't actually train it. But DL I can see myself repping out 200 at some point, and strict OHP can see myself repping out 80+.

Confidence with squats is always huge. Plus my legs are still soo skinny. Need to get on the hack squat and rep out some weights there.

I am not too hard on myself though, without sounding too cringe I am so proud I am still doing it and enjoying it. I just know I have a 3 plate in me which is obviously frustrating.

Things your end? that press up challenge is so hard. I really want to bet against you, just because of the reps you have to catch up on if you missed a week through injury/illness. But I have so much faith it would be a bad bet.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #517 on: January 18, 2016, 05:59:57 AM »

Reaaally want a three plate. I just suck at the mental side of squats, when I am on it, I can progress weekly, but I am such a bottler when it comes to then.

I was actually thinking about doing some amateur strongman in like 4-5 years time. But not sure I could handle all the injuries.

I think I have loads of improvement for all three lifts. Speshly bench as I don't actually train it. But DL I can see myself repping out 200 at some point, and strict OHP can see myself repping out 80+.

Confidence with squats is always huge. Plus my legs are still soo skinny. Need to get on the hack squat and rep out some weights there.

I am not too hard on myself though, without sounding too cringe I am so proud I am still doing it and enjoying it. I just know I have a 3 plate in me which is obviously frustrating.

Things your end? that press up challenge is so hard. I really want to bet against you, just because of the reps you have to catch up on if you missed a week through injury/illness. But I have so much faith it would be a bad bet.

Have you got a sport to pursue to put out your athletic advantage to the test currently? Rugby/football? I think if you did you may not hold annoyances so easily because compared to most playing the sports at an amateur/semi pro level you would be wiping the floor with them.

Fair play you mention amateur strongman but out of curiosity is there a sport you grew up with at all that you still play and are reaping the rewards now with? It may mean you have less goals that are related to getting that little bit further with adding kg's to bars and more orientated towards sport application, which in my biased opinion is more fun and rewarding.

Not to say trying to be that bit stronger is a bad thing, nor that you are overly peeved by your squats, more that sport is a fun way to reap rewards and I'm interested if you play anything?
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #518 on: January 18, 2016, 06:01:03 AM »

Muckthenuts and Evilpie, great progress btw.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #519 on: January 18, 2016, 06:01:27 AM »

arbboy in the bobble hat

looking very trim

Nice.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #520 on: January 18, 2016, 10:19:35 AM »

Everything's going brilliantly for me at the minute. Hope I can stay injury free and it stays that way.

Press ups is going to be close. The hardest thing will be maintaining motivation to train at least 3 times per week. I managed 4 sessions last week for a total of 504 so that was a nice little boost. Not sure how that will affect my ability to do 3 proper sessions this week though.

Upper body was good again today. 2 sets of 6 @ 100kg for bench and managed to get to 50kg for OHP. That 70+ you're doing is seriously impressive but I'm definitely gunning for it!!

Still can't do chin ups and I tried some single arm rows which were equally painful. Another big back builder that I can't do Sad

I know what you mean about the 3 plate squat. It's not a lot more weight but it just looks good.... You'll get there before long....

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #521 on: January 18, 2016, 10:22:35 AM »

Thoughts on Romanian vs stiff legged dead lifts?

Last week I did SLDL just with the bar as I love the stretch you get with them. Obviously RDL would be heavier which is nice but you don't quite get the same hamstring stretch.

It's lower day tomorrow so it will be squats, dead lifts and then either RDL or SLDL.

What would your preference be?

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #522 on: January 18, 2016, 11:43:08 AM »

arbboy in the bobble hat

looking very trim

Didn't realise the diet police were out in force yesterday early doors at Old Trafford.  Where did you get that picture from so quickly?  Assume you weren't there Tighty?  I didn't see you.

Black has always been a great slimming colour they say! 
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #523 on: January 18, 2016, 01:31:20 PM »

Thoughts on Romanian vs stiff legged dead lifts?

Last week I did SLDL just with the bar as I love the stretch you get with them. Obviously RDL would be heavier which is nice but you don't quite get the same hamstring stretch.

It's lower day tomorrow so it will be squats, dead lifts and then either RDL or SLDL.

What would your preference be?

I am much more pro RDL for a few reason.

Professionally speaking:

Much less stress on the lower back
Safer
More weight
Use it as an accessory for DL
Accessory for squat and bridge

Personally

Hamstring flexibility is awful, so RDL gets me more than enough, plus the reasons above.

If I have a very mobile athlete, I think SLDL has a place. But the risk of injury/stiffnes/fatigue seems quite high for not a particularly lot more. If they can hot the floor, just raise the individual on blocks.

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #524 on: January 18, 2016, 01:35:56 PM »

Have you got a sport to pursue to put out your athletic advantage to the test currently? Rugby/football? I think if you did you may not hold annoyances so easily because compared to most playing the sports at an amateur/semi pro level you would be wiping the floor with them.

Fair play you mention amateur strongman but out of curiosity is there a sport you grew up with at all that you still play and are reaping the rewards now with? It may mean you have less goals that are related to getting that little bit further with adding kg's to bars and more orientated towards sport application, which in my biased opinion is more fun and rewarding.

Not to say trying to be that bit stronger is a bad thing, nor that you are overly peeved by your squats, more that sport is a fun way to reap rewards and I'm interested if you play anything?

I used to play cricket to a pretty high standard, but not so much anymore. I work every evening so playing sport is tough. Plus I am so competitive, so if I play, I wanna practice alot. I am not at the stage where I need competition to keep me going so to speak. I just love doing it, I understand why people compete and bodybuilding/powerlifting when they need that extra bit.

I am so certain if I played cricket now I could eclipse my previous levels, but would need to net 4-5 times a week like I did when I was 13-17.

On a slightly contradictory note, I so wanna play football again, but socially. Like indoor football or something but need to find something that is in the day. But I couldn't commit to a team so something I can flirt in and out of.

I might be stronger than semi-pro footballers. I am probably stronger than most pro's. But their fitness smooookes mine. This year is definitely about becoming fitter as well as stronger. I think if i could get my fitness back I would be very tempted to join some semi pro sport. My mindset is so much better now than it was when I was younger too (who' isn't).
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 ... 282 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: