blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:32:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make you STRONG
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 ... 282 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make you STRONG  (Read 530759 times)
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #525 on: January 18, 2016, 01:39:39 PM »

@Matt I love the one arm row. Definitely want the 50s for 8 by the end of the year. Really helps my grip for DL.

My OHP is also for 3 reps. So far less impressive. When you throw it up there for 6-8 that's when we are talking.

On the cardio today, and by cardio I mean tennis. Everyone runs here, the beach is full of it. Then saw people walking on the treadmill, the gym is maybe 200yards away from the beach. Making an active effort to not do cardio in the gym. Even back home, people driving to the gym to walk/run on the treadmill. I am just like whaaaaat. I know a women who WALKS to the gym to WALK on the treadmill. Play the game love.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #526 on: January 18, 2016, 02:09:04 PM »

All very true. And comparisons are cheap/not fair in health and fitness.

Reaaally want a three plate. I just suck at the mental side of squats, when I am on it, I can progress weekly, but I am such a bottler when it comes to then.

I was actually thinking about doing some amateur strongman in like 4-5 years time. But not sure I could handle all the injuries.

I think I have loads of improvement for all three lifts. Speshly bench as I don't actually train it. But DL I can see myself repping out 200 at some point, and strict OHP can see myself repping out 80+.

Confidence with squats is always huge. Plus my legs are still soo skinny. Need to get on the hack squat and rep out some weights there.

I am not too hard on myself though, without sounding too cringe I am so proud I am still doing it and enjoying it. I just know I have a 3 plate in me which is obviously frustrating.

Things your end? that press up challenge is so hard. I really want to bet against you, just because of the reps you have to catch up on if you missed a week through injury/illness. But I have so much faith it would be a bad bet.

Have you got a sport to pursue to put out your athletic advantage to the test currently? Rugby/football? I think if you did you may not hold annoyances so easily because compared to most playing the sports at an amateur/semi pro level you would be wiping the floor with them.

Fair play you mention amateur strongman but out of curiosity is there a sport you grew up with at all that you still play and are reaping the rewards now with? It may mean you have less goals that are related to getting that little bit further with adding kg's to bars and more orientated towards sport application, which in my biased opinion is more fun and rewarding.

Not to say trying to be that bit stronger is a bad thing, nor that you are overly peeved by your squats, more that sport is a fun way to reap rewards and I'm interested if you play anything?

My mindset is so much better now than it was when I was younger too (who' isn't).

You speak truth.

Only thing I can think of that is competitive off the top of my head during the day is bowls. Probably gets pretty fierce Cheesy
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #527 on: January 18, 2016, 02:22:05 PM »

@Matt I love the one arm row. Definitely want the 50s for 8 by the end of the year. Really helps my grip for DL.

My OHP is also for 3 reps. So far less impressive. When you throw it up there for 6-8 that's when we are talking.

On the cardio today, and by cardio I mean tennis. Everyone runs here, the beach is full of it. Then saw people walking on the treadmill, the gym is maybe 200yards away from the beach. Making an active effort to not do cardio in the gym. Even back home, people driving to the gym to walk/run on the treadmill. I am just like whaaaaat. I know a women who WALKS to the gym to WALK on the treadmill. Play the game love.

Only slightly less impressive Wink

Pretty sure I've mentioned this before but back was always my favourite body part to train. Single arm row was always a staple exercise as if you do it right you can't avoid getting big lats.

I tried one set this morning at 30kg and it was too painful so moved on. Some way from the good old days...... 70kg for 8 to 12 with no straps.... Sigh......

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #528 on: January 18, 2016, 04:21:34 PM »

Pretty sure I've mentioned this before but back was always my favourite body part to train. Single arm row was always a staple exercise as if you do it right you can't avoid getting big lats.

I tried one set this morning at 30kg and it was too painful so moved on. Some way from the good old days...... 70kg for 8 to 12 with no straps.... Sigh......

I said "fuck off" out loud when you said you did 70kg for 8 to 12 of the single arm row. Cheesy

I do 30kg regularly, and could probably do 35kg, but 70kg makes me think you were a different species lol.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #529 on: January 18, 2016, 04:26:37 PM »

Great exercise.  My fav back exercise by a mile.  Only problem is most gyms just don't have dumbells big enough.
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #530 on: January 18, 2016, 08:00:32 PM »

Oh totally see you doing that, I am on 44 at the min and are pretty easy, taking like 30 sec rest too. Love training back, favorite by a mile.

Too charmed to have a gym above 50kg though. I am hoping within two years I will be up there for some. I want to get a single arm 50kg press out too. Like the circus DB the strongman use, but obviously a looooad lighter. Am on 30kg for three at the min. That is a little target for the year.

I have seen some huge one arm row numbers tho. Some guys getting like 140kg for 10. Straps obv, but crazy strength.

Three things I want this year:

Deadlift 230kg with a backflip directly after.
50kg single arm press (right handed) Will take anything above 40kg for left.
100kg Single arm deadlift (left hand, I am right handed)

I am sure there will be more. But that is what I have in my head at the minute.
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #531 on: January 19, 2016, 07:59:30 AM »

70 is very impressive!!

Even when I was benching a lot and squatting a lot, I don't think I went past 50 for that many reps of single arm rows.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #532 on: January 19, 2016, 11:20:01 AM »

70 is very impressive!!

Even when I was benching a lot and squatting a lot, I don't think I went past 50 for that many reps of single arm rows.

It's a long time ago mate but yes without doubt very strong.

I think the first thing to let me down now (injuries aside) would be the grip. There's no way I could hold that much weight for so long without straps.

How's your training going? Still dropping weight?

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #533 on: January 19, 2016, 01:39:02 PM »

70 is very impressive!!

I think the first thing to let me down now (injuries aside) would be the grip. There's no way I could hold that much weight for so long without straps.

70 is massive, love a strong grip though, so defo a ball park number to get to. I see guys use straps for like 28/30 it makes me so sad.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #534 on: January 19, 2016, 02:21:56 PM »

Decent lower body session for me today.

4 sets of squats 8 @ 60kg, 8 @ 80kg, 6 @ 90kg 5 @ 100kg.

4 x 8 RDL up to 80kg.

Nice to get back to the 100kg on squats and I think there's a bit more in the tank over the next few months.

First time I've done RDL for years so I was very cautious. Felt no problems in the initial deadlift phase and the movement through the 8 reps also felt good.

Seemed strange only doing 8 sets overall (+ warm ups) but I was stretching between sets and also left myself a good ten minutes to stretch afterwards. I felt that was far more important than getting in an extra few sets.

All in all very happy indeed.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #535 on: January 20, 2016, 09:02:26 AM »

Steady increase on the dumbbell press this morning. 4 x 8 @ 34, 38, 40 & 42kg

Also tried to increase my OHP to 50kg and it was really tough. Only manage 6 reps and I was a bit wobbly. Definitely going to work on those for a while as I love the exercise.

Still loving this upper, lower, upper, lower routine and I'll definitely be continuing it up to my mini holiday at the end of Feb.

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #536 on: January 20, 2016, 01:51:54 PM »

Also tried to increase my OHP to 50kg and it was really tough. Only manage 6 reps and I was a bit wobbly. Definitely going to work on those for a while as I love the exercise.

Still loving this upper, lower, upper, lower routine and I'll definitely be continuing it up to my mini holiday at the end of Feb.

Love the lower/upper split. I really wanna do lower/upper/lower/upper/lower

But I am not that brave yet.

Lower looked a very strong day. an always bring in volume via ham curl/leg ext if needs be.

\\do you hace a 'cardio day' or do you still do some stuff at home?
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #537 on: January 20, 2016, 03:55:43 PM »

Love the lower/upper split. I really wanna do lower/upper/lower/upper/lower

But I am not that brave yet.

Lower looked a very strong day. an always bring in volume via ham curl/leg ext if needs be.

\\do you hace a 'cardio day' or do you still do some stuff at home?

Cardio bores me to tears so I can't do it. I have a two minute warm up on a cross trainer in the morning and that's about my limit.

In the evening I have a 2 mile walk with the dog and then my stretch routine gets the heart rate up quite a bit as there's plenty of movement. Press ups are a bit cardio so I'll count them as well.

One of the things I like with this new routine is that if you miss a day or want to add a day you can do it without screwing up your whole week. Progress has been really good since I started it and I'm wondering if the 50kg dumbbells might be back in the realms of possibility.....

If it goes well over the next few weeks I might have a crack at them if I manage to join you when you pop down for your session with Sean. Having a spotter would definitely make me happier attempting them so it could be on the cards.

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #538 on: January 20, 2016, 04:25:31 PM »

I love the flexibility of it. My whole approach is flexibility. It is the only way I can keep adherence. Some weeks I have 4 back to back, some every other day, some 2 rest 2 etc. And like you said can add a day now and when.

I am bored of cardio, I am trying to walk to the gym now to add it in. Yeah will defo have to get one in soon. Spot power helps so much. Speshly at that top end.

Awkward when you rep them and and me and Sean can't get them off the floor. Siiiiiigh
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #539 on: January 20, 2016, 04:45:33 PM »

70 is very impressive!!

Training is going really well.

The thing I'm most happy with is that after the first month of forcing myself to go, I'm now wanting to go every day. So I'll make time regardless of whatever else is going on.

Being motivated a lot at the moment by many people telling me I've lost weight. I'm not sure what my weight is at the moment - somewhere around 98kgs but the scale in the gym went gg about a week ago and I haven't been able to weigh myself which is quite nice because I was weighing myself every time I went to the gym!

I'm determined to get into the best shape of my life by the summer. I am not really trying to get super strong this year. Just in the healthiest and fittest state I've ever been in. When next winter hits I can think about maybe bulking up but all that is too far away now!

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 ... 282 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: