blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 10:20:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make you STRONG
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 ... 282 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make you STRONG  (Read 533806 times)
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #585 on: January 27, 2016, 11:03:49 PM »

Squats went 5x5 at 100 today, not too tough either. So looking for good progression. Overall session was pretty brutal. The leg press pure have is quite tough for me to get a full range of motion it is so awkward at the bottom so it tired me out. Then RDL 4x8 at 100 which were pretty shaky.

Tough session though and definitely pretty tired now.

Congratulations. Let us know about the burn you're going to feel tomorrow yeah Cheesy

Stiffening up as we speak. I might be going to hard, I feel like I am an 8-9/10 per session and it is taking me a while to recover from each session something I have never encountered with. Maybe migraine meds/maybe just hittin some good weight/maybe diet level foods. Not to sure but either way having to do a 2 on rest until I am recovered 2 on again.
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #586 on: January 27, 2016, 11:04:55 PM »

Going to sound like a brag, but with all the extra weight I'm carrying around with me these days, cardio is absolutely whacking me.

I hit the heavy bag and some footwork drills today for 15 minutes or so; then a HIIT workout consisting of burpees, mountain climbers, push-ups, leg raises, walking lunges and tuck jumps. Was supposed to get a few abdominal movements in afterwards but I was gg. Just out of practice, I guess.

Starting to bring the high intensity cardio back in, so by the time I start transitioning into the high rep stuff in springtime, I can throw in a little circuit every other day.

'016: jacked and lean, baby

Defo a reason of mine to shed the excess. Cardio does become so hard. Plus a 100kg handstand seems tough.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #587 on: January 28, 2016, 08:39:38 AM »

Going to sound like a brag, but with all the extra weight I'm carrying around with me these days, cardio is absolutely whacking me.

I hit the heavy bag and some footwork drills today for 15 minutes or so; then a HIIT workout consisting of burpees, mountain climbers, push-ups, leg raises, walking lunges and tuck jumps. Was supposed to get a few abdominal movements in afterwards but I was gg. Just out of practice, I guess.

Starting to bring the high intensity cardio back in, so by the time I start transitioning into the high rep stuff in springtime, I can throw in a little circuit every other day.

How much of that extra weight do you think is muscle? Have you got much to trim or is it just a little bit of excess?

I was never one for bulking up periods but I know a lot of people who it works for really well so I've always found it an interesting subject. The whole bulk up in winter and then trim down for summer fascinates me. I've known guys who'd pack on 10kg and then have to trim down to reveal that 1kg of muscle. Surely over the same time period they could've just put on the 1kg of muscle?

Interested to hear your thoughts and also to see how it all pans out over the next 6 months or so. Did you have a specific bulking/trimming plan that started ages ago or have you just developed the idea as you've gone along?

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #588 on: January 28, 2016, 08:48:50 AM »

60kg x 8, 80kg x 8, 100kg x 6 & 110kg x 6 for squats today

Loving these at the moment Smiley

Physio was great yesterday. The guy thinks he's manage to locate the source of my problem somewhere around the supraspinatus area. That's really tight which is then pulling the forearm muscles and just tightening the whole arm up including the triceps. It was absolute agony being treated but I could tell he was hitting the right spot so well worth it. I've got a few stretches to work at so hopefully with those plus a few more sessions I might get back to chin ups.

Everything else is looking really good. So happy to be injury free and fully recovered from the back problems of the last year or so. Time to really focus on some quality training.

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #589 on: January 28, 2016, 11:09:48 AM »

How much of that extra weight do you think is muscle? Have you got much to trim or is it just a little bit of excess?

I was never one for bulking up periods but I know a lot of people who it works for really well so I've always found it an interesting subject. The whole bulk up in winter and then trim down for summer fascinates me. I've known guys who'd pack on 10kg and then have to trim down to reveal that 1kg of muscle. Surely over the same time period they could've just put on the 1kg of muscle?

Interested to hear your thoughts and also to see how it all pans out over the next 6 months or so. Did you have a specific bulking/trimming plan that started ages ago or have you just developed the idea as you've gone along?

Couldn't agree with you more in how interesting it is. I think within the first 3 years it may be beneficial. Eat, gain mass and gain strength. After three years we grow so slowly, I actually think it is a bad idea. I know I won't be aiming to slop on 10kg again, unless I want to turn open class strongman/powerlifting, but I think you are bang on in your estimations. People really do smash on 10-15kg and by the time the diet down it is 0.5-1kg worth of muscle. The more I diet and see in the mirror the lower I think my BW will be by the end. This time last year I thought I would be a very lean 90 (lol), now I think I will be a very lean 80-82.
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #590 on: January 28, 2016, 11:10:48 AM »

Physio was great yesterday. The guy thinks he's manage to locate the source of my problem somewhere around the supraspinatus area. That's really tight which is then pulling the forearm muscles and just tightening the whole arm up including the triceps. It was absolute agony being treated but I could tell he was hitting the right spot so well worth it. I've got a few stretches to work at so hopefully with those plus a few more sessions I might get back to chin ups.

Everything else is looking really good. So happy to be injury free and fully recovered from the back problems of the last year or so. Time to really focus on some quality training.

Makes me so mad how quick these are progressing.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #591 on: January 28, 2016, 02:13:47 PM »

Couldn't agree with you more in how interesting it is. I think within the first 3 years it may be beneficial. Eat, gain mass and gain strength. After three years we grow so slowly, I actually think it is a bad idea. I know I won't be aiming to slop on 10kg again, unless I want to turn open class strongman/powerlifting, but I think you are bang on in your estimations. People really do smash on 10-15kg and by the time the diet down it is 0.5-1kg worth of muscle. The more I diet and see in the mirror the lower I think my BW will be by the end. This time last year I thought I would be a very lean 90 (lol), now I think I will be a very lean 80-82.

Been about two months on my routine and on the subject of bulking and shredding, you could just shred and gain muscle side by side? What prevents that conventionally? There an advantage to getting fatter with muscle gain?
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #592 on: January 28, 2016, 04:03:02 PM »

Been about two months on my routine and on the subject of bulking and shredding, you could just shred and gain muscle side by side? What prevents that conventionally? There an advantage to getting fatter with muscle gain?

There isn't any advantage to being fat at all. The fat is just a by product of trying to gain as much muscle as possible.

The advantage comes when you accept that you're going to get fat so you can pile as much protein in to face as you can find without worrying about it.

Trying to get that amount of protein in to your system whilst worrying about the carbs and fat is an absolute nightmare.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #593 on: January 28, 2016, 04:10:44 PM »

Makes it so much easier knowing how mad this makes you Wink

Do you know when you're coming to Nottingham for your session with Sean? I'm going to try and make it for a cheeky free PT session.

I'd really like a form check on squats and RDL now that I'm going a bit heavier but also a spot for an attempt at the 50kg dumbbells would be great.

Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #594 on: January 28, 2016, 07:03:31 PM »

Do you know when you're coming to Nottingham for your session with Sean? I'm going to try and make it for a cheeky free PT session.

I'd really like a form check on squats and RDL now that I'm going a bit heavier but also a spot for an attempt at the 50kg dumbbells would be great.

Tried my first squat today and I'm gonna throw my hat into the ring for some gains Smiley You guys have got me on the upper body, but legs are my playground Cheesy

Considering the big barbells themselves weigh 20kg, I may be wrong, I went 12x30kg
                         12x40kg
                         8x40kg
                         8x50kg
                         10x60kg

Got a great buzz from my muscles and I can tell I'm going to really enjoy doing these. Had to wait until my knee was strong enough and now it is.

I just wanted to get the form right which is why I didn't really go for it. I think I could hit 90 with the next go, but I'm not rushing it, and need to make sure the form is right.

I used the video demonstration from bodybuilding.com on how to do it. I think I mimicked it well.

It does just seem to be mainly a hamstrings and glutes workout though and I wonder is there a different feet position to hone in on the quads more?
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #595 on: January 28, 2016, 09:45:56 PM »

Won't get too specific with the bulking/cutting but I think after 2-3 years of the big bulk so to speak. It is probably best to just do it gradually and not slap on mass of the sake of it.

Really interesting topic, as ever it is person dependant.

As a beginner you probably can gain muscle and lose fat, but that kinda runs out after 6 months. After that its normally one or the other. Or at least noticeably. But I guess if you can create the stimulus you can 'always' create muscle. I am sure most people will be thinking (at least I hope), that recovery obviously impacts here. i.e. lets ram hormones down us to recover better.

For muscle gain, it is creating a stimulus, you obviously need nutrition. But protein can't build muscle from the sofa unless you create a stimulus.

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #596 on: January 28, 2016, 09:51:06 PM »

I secretly want your squat form to be shit so I can feel better about myself. I joke, ish. Safety first though, so happy to have a look.

Looking for the end of the month. Will chat to Sean about it. Very keen to get something organised.
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #597 on: January 28, 2016, 09:53:49 PM »

Tried my first squat today and I'm gonna throw my hat into the ring for some gains Smiley You guys have got me on the upper body, but legs are my playground Cheesy

Considering the big barbells themselves weigh 20kg, I may be wrong, I went 12x30kg
                         12x40kg
                         8x40kg
                         8x50kg
                         10x60kg

Got a great buzz from my muscles and I can tell I'm going to really enjoy doing these. Had to wait until my knee was strong enough and now it is.

I just wanted to get the form right which is why I didn't really go for it. I think I could hit 90 with the next go, but I'm not rushing it, and need to make sure the form is right.

I used the video demonstration from bodybuilding.com on how to do it. I think I mimicked it well.

It does just seem to be mainly a hamstrings and glutes workout though and I wonder is there a different feet position to hone in on the quads more?

Safety first for sure. Diff positions work for diff people. Won't comment without seeing it.

My squat is pretty poor. I do get saved by core strenght at times. But my legs at least in that movement path need some serious help.

If you have been heavy for a while your legs should be really strong.

Had a guy come to see me at 130kg previously untrained and was squatting ass to grass 160kg for 1 in 6 months. Insane progress, was 45 full time job and two kids. Mental scenes.
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #598 on: January 28, 2016, 10:24:34 PM »

Lol Iraise, I was asking about the burn because I was feeling it massively too. Did 5x5 80kg squats and hobbled like a mofo for the next couple of days. The ache was so bad it actually gave me quite an uncomfortable sleep. But hey no pain no gain.

Squats are the one area where it actually looks like I lift. Having done 5x5 for the majority of my training I don't think I've got much of a lifters body really.  But my quadriceps have become truly massive compared to everything else. They've really blown up. The aesthetic result is always a little extra boost.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #599 on: January 28, 2016, 10:31:01 PM »

12x40kg
                         8x40kg
                         8x50kg
                         10x60kg

Safety first for sure. Diff positions work for diff people. Won't comment without seeing it.

My squat is pretty poor. I do get saved by core strenght at times. But my legs at least in that movement path need some serious help.

If you have been heavy for a while your legs should be really strong.

Had a guy come to see me at 130kg previously untrained and was squatting ass to grass 160kg for 1 in 6 months. Insane progress, was 45 full time job and two kids. Mental scenes.

Wahey one of the very few perks to previously being 142kg, haha.

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 ... 282 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: