blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 17, 2024, 05:46:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273158 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make you STRONG
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 98 99 [100] 101 102 103 104 ... 282 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make you STRONG  (Read 545982 times)
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #1485 on: October 21, 2016, 11:49:22 AM »

Is it something you could wear around the elbow, to mainly cover the joint on the inside of your arm?

If so, could you send me the link for that please, mate.

I've not been training long, but I feel like a massive fish hearing all these new excercises, lol.

It makes me feel a little better that someone who's been training 1/2 a century like you have, doesn't know them, Dean Wink
looks like they make one for the elbow.. in fact think they do it for most body bits

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004OWNHMS/ref=pd_sim_200_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=PV7GRBGZMTC5WDFRM45Q

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: October 21, 2016, 11:52:20 AM »

Been toddling along nicely.. still doing lots of power/strength/cardio circuits trying to lean up.. thrown in a couple of spin classes as well which I quite enjoy..

Don't even understand half the exercises you guys talk about never done deadlift...but at the behest of my PT been doing some leg work..

I only know one type of squat lol.. like Esso done in his video..

so
10 x 60
10 x 80
10 x 100
5 x 110

then leg press 250 with squat jump as a super set 3 x10

done drop set leg press with PT last week which felt like a beast 250..200 150..sadist made me do  12 each X 3.. really felt that in the backs of my legs for two days after

Done some bent over rows today..never that keen before but got showed proper technique and

10 x 60 x 3 sets felt reasonably comfortable followed by 34kg DB press superset with rows 3 X 10.. then pull downs 57 kg x 10 x3 superset with slow count of 4 down press up with explosion up 10 x 3 before killer spin with a relief instructor who was obviously a descendant of the Spanish inquisition Smiley

Bloody tweaked my calf again Tuesday so no running at the moment.. but found this awesome thing.. like an ice pack Velcros round your leg and has akin to a blood pressure pump that you pump up to create a compression as well.. its pretty good and the calf feeling less tight etc already

Remember Matt and his pressups thing.. done 44 in one hit..prob had 2 more in me.. not sure if that's any good ?.. but seems a good thing to do at home Smiley

That seems some pretty solid training. How often do you get to the gym in a week?

light spin Monday..training Tuesday.. training Thursday morning.. killer spin Thursday evening... training with PT Saturday.. may squeeze a session in sunday if I'm feeling it.. but usually need a rest day between sessions...father time is knocking

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: October 21, 2016, 11:53:21 AM »

Is it something you could wear around the elbow, to mainly cover the joint on the inside of your arm?

I've not been training long, but I feel like a massive fish hearing all these new excercises, lol.

It makes me feel a little better that someone who's been training 1/2 a century like you have, doesn't know them, Dean Wink

You definitely would have seen the exercises we are talking about. Its just everyone uses different names for them which is so annoying.

I don't really do any weird exercises, some people may think the mobility stuff is weird, but gymnasts and OL lifters have been using them for years.

The exercise I use are pretty much powerlifting/bodybuilding type ones.
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: October 21, 2016, 11:54:05 AM »

Been toddling along nicely.. still doing lots of power/strength/cardio circuits trying to lean up.. thrown in a couple of spin classes as well which I quite enjoy..

Don't even understand half the exercises you guys talk about never done deadlift...but at the behest of my PT been doing some leg work..

so
10 x 60
10 x 80
10 x 100
5 x 110

done drop set leg press with PT last week which felt like a beast 250..200 150..sadist made me do  12 each X 3.. really felt that in the backs of my legs for two days after

Done some bent over rows today..never that keen before but got showed proper technique and

10 x 60 x 3 sets felt reasonably comfortable followed by 34kg DB press superset with rows 3 X 10.. then pull downs 57 kg x 10 x3 superset with slow count of 4 down press up with explosion up 10 x 3 before killer spin with a relief instructor who was obviously a descendant of the Spanish inquisition Smiley

Bloody tweaked my calf again Tuesday so no running at the moment.. but found this awesome thing.. like an ice pack Velcros round your leg and has akin to a blood pressure pump that you pump up to create a compression as well.. its pretty good and the calf feeling less tight etc already

Remember Matt and his pressups thing.. done 44 in one hit..prob had 2 more in me.. not sure if that's any good ?.. but seems a good thing to do at home Smiley

That seems some pretty solid training. How often do you get to the gym in a week?

light spin Monday..training Tuesday.. training Thursday morning.. killer spin Thursday evening... training with PT Saturday.. may squeeze a session in sunday if I'm feeling it.. but usually need a rest day between sessions...father time is knocking

Thats decent, pretty consistent week to week? Or is it life depending?
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: October 21, 2016, 12:42:36 PM »

looks like they make one for the elbow.. in fact think they do it for most body bits

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004OWNHMS/ref=pd_sim_200_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=PV7GRBGZMTC5WDFRM45Q

Excellent.

Cheers Smiley

You definitely would have seen the exercises we are talking about. Its just everyone uses different names for them which is so annoying.

I don't really do any weird exercises, some people may think the mobility stuff is weird, but gymnasts and OL lifters have been using them for years.

The exercise I use are pretty much powerlifting/bodybuilding type ones.

I may do, but I'm pretty basic in my knowledge, so probably won't know too many.

If I'd known 10 years ago, what I know now, I'd be all about mobility and rom!

Amazing how hard basic trunk movements are, when your legs don't really cooperate Cheesy

the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: October 21, 2016, 12:52:09 PM »

so
10 x 60
10 x 80
10 x 100
5 x 110

Thats decent, pretty consistent week to week? Or is it life depending?

Nope..bang at it every week barring holidays etc..been training properly since 97 but lost my way and enthusiasm few years back and although still trained week in week out it was a slog and was looking for excuses not to go..piled on weight... then a PT approached me and rekindled my fire so to speak..now my training is varied..specific and i enjoy it..dropped 2 half stone and working towards another stone... I'm now like i used to be in that if i miss a session i get bit tetchy about it and looking to where i can make it up

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: October 21, 2016, 05:12:09 PM »

I always wonder how the fire will be for me in 5-10 years time. I try not to think about it, as so much can go on between now and then but sometimes its a scary thought.

Todays trip saw rack pulls.

4x4 195. No chalk too, which I am really pleased with. Simply because I forgot it. Last rep of every set slipped so I was reliant on the straps which breaks the form down a touch. So chalk will be back in the game next week.

5x8 OHP 40kg

Some other stuff

3x6e Single arm OHP 18kg. (want to be aggressive with the progression on here, but know I can't as my shoulder needs easing back into pressing).
S.S.
3xF Chins. (f being failure.) 5 on each round. Trying to keep shoulders back so I use lats too. So will cost me a few reps in the short term, but long term should pay dividends

Weekend off and back to it Monday.
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: October 21, 2016, 05:57:59 PM »

Split squats are the nuts. Great hip flexor stretch, great unilateral glute work. Definitely makes my top 10.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: October 21, 2016, 07:40:43 PM »

Just had a look, and there is no way I'd be able to do those, lol.

the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: October 22, 2016, 12:09:49 PM »

Ah I have done those a couple of time with pt didn't realise they were called that 😀

zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: October 22, 2016, 05:15:11 PM »

Start off with just getting comfortable in the bottom of a split squat and enjoy the stretch. Then start making it more dynamic, get used to the balance element. Then you can start playing about with hand positions (out to the side, overhead, behind your back, etc) THEN you can start adding weight.

The movement by itself is so good at undoing dysfunctional patterns that there's no need to rush and get a shitload of weight involved. Just add 10 reps on each side to your warmups or daily routine etc?
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: October 22, 2016, 07:03:18 PM »

Start off with just getting comfortable in the bottom of a split squat and enjoy the stretch. Then start making it more dynamic, get used to the balance element. Then you can start playing about with hand positions (out to the side, overhead, behind your back, etc) THEN you can start adding weight.

The movement by itself is so good at undoing dysfunctional patterns that there's no need to rush and get a shitload of weight involved. Just add 10 reps on each side to your warmups or daily routine etc?

Getting into the movement would be the problem, as my legs don't work/move properly due to spasticity/balance problems.

Might look into trying it on the TRX ropes, when I'm a bit further along, though.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: October 22, 2016, 11:51:52 PM »

Thought I'd have a rough protein check to see how my approximate intake is. Today has been a fairly typical day with me eating the following:

Breakfast shake - 35g

Eggs + 2 x pitta bread - 35g

Tuna + rice + 2 x pitta - 45g

Pro MR shake - 42g

Flapjack - 18g

Chicken, veg, rice, 3 x pitta - 70g

Bedtime shake - 40g

That's a total of 285g which is pretty decent. I'm weighing in at about 220lb at the moment so it's about 1.3g per pound of bodyweight which should be plenty for growth. It's actually not too far off what I used to have in my beastly days. It would be interesting to see what the calories are as well but I'm not too fussed so won't bother putting in the effort. I know it's a well balanced intake with plenty of protein so as long as I don't get fat I'm happy.

I've not been particularly accurate but it's nice to have an idea and to know that I'm in the right ballpark. If I don't make any reasonable gains with this meal plan and my current training routine I'll perhaps gauge the nutrition more accurately but for now I'll stay as is.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Steve Swift

View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: October 23, 2016, 12:08:12 AM »

Hehehe I guess to get strong you got to love pitta  Smiley
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: October 23, 2016, 06:21:14 PM »

Hehehe I guess to get strong you got to love pitta  Smiley

Haha yes it helps Smiley

Be careful though, these are specially selected pitta that are very good for you. They're whole grain, not processed, high fibre low sugar and with 5.9g of protein in each one. Compare that to most and there could be a world of difference.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 98 99 [100] 101 102 103 104 ... 282 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: