blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 17, 2024, 06:06:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273160 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make you STRONG
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 105 106 ... 282 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make you STRONG  (Read 545987 times)
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1515 on: October 26, 2016, 04:23:29 PM »

120kg x 4 again on bench for me this morning and 60kg x 7 for OHP on my first set. This dropped to 40kg x 4 on my 3rd set so pretty sure I'd pushed to my limits Smiley

I really pushed the focus on bent over row trying to keep the form so that it benefits DL as much as possible. Some of the DL videos I've watched have recommended bent over row and chins as accessory lifts for DL so that works well with my current routine.

3 x 6 and 1 x 5 for chins with zero arm pain which was awesome. Really want to keep the momentum going with these and hopefully stay injury free.

60x7 is big.
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: October 26, 2016, 04:26:35 PM »

Bench today

4x4 80/85kg. Went pretty slow with it and wanted to keep it under control. Looking forward to a few weeks of that.

Also weighed myself today, someone asked me what I was the other day and I said 95. Turns out I am 88. On the one hand, winning as my strength becomes a little more flattering. On the other, how did I get that so wrong. I am still fairly lean, but I am massively over estimating my muscle mass which makes me kinda sad. I have taken that as a queue to eat more can during November to try and push the training numbers up.
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: October 27, 2016, 12:30:59 AM »

you don't need the deadlift

WAT
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: October 27, 2016, 01:07:55 AM »

How much do you charge for a PT session Sean? Thinking about having a squat/deadlift session at some point to get my technique looked at before I aim for any bigger numbers.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: October 27, 2016, 11:18:05 AM »

How much do you charge for a PT session Sean? Thinking about having a squat/deadlift session at some point to get my technique looked at before I aim for any bigger numbers.

I don't PT any more. Also I wouldn't charge you anyways. Can still take a look some time tho. Where do you train? Do they offer day passes or similar?
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: October 27, 2016, 10:26:57 PM »

Just a recovery/mess about day today.

4 rounds of

Farmers walk
Single Arm over head walk
Planks
Pistol Squat
Handstand
Single Arm band press

Then

5x200m
5x5e Single leg RDL

Really disappointed with my 200m times. Defo fancy flicking that in more and working on times.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: October 28, 2016, 09:33:21 AM »

4 rounds of

Farmers walk
Planks
Pistol Squat
Handstand
Single Arm band press

Then

5x200m
5x5e Single leg RDL

Really disappointed with my 200m times. Defo fancy flicking that in more and working on times.

Similar for me this morning with the recovery / mess about day today.

Everything's been brilliant for a good few weeks and then Wednesday evening I messed my wrist up picking up a wash basket!!

I was just picking it up at an awkward angle and suddenly I felt a sharp pain and that was that Sad

Anyway I took yesterday off, I've iced it loads and I've stretched it loads and it feels like it's well on the way to recovery.

Today was legs days but I took it really steady, not because of the wrist but because my hip flexors were feeling really tight. Probably to do with the wrist in some crazy way or another but whatever it was I needed to go steady.

It actually worked out really well because it meant I could do some really light deadlifts at 60kg and actually look sideways in the mirror for a form check. Turns out I'm actually doing okay from what I can see although I obviously don't know how this changes when I get any heavier.

Probably take the weekend off as that's when I train arms but other than that I'm reasonably confident that I'll be back up and running on Monday.

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: October 28, 2016, 09:34:36 AM »

4 rounds of

Farmers walk
Planks
Pistol Squat
Handstand
Single Arm band press

Then

5x200m
5x5e Single leg RDL

What's a single arm overhead walk? Dumbbell pressed up and then just go for a stroll?

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: October 28, 2016, 09:37:30 AM »

I don't PT any more. Also I wouldn't charge you anyways. Can still take a look some time tho. Where do you train? Do they offer day passes or similar?

Permanently or just at the place you were previously?

Really appreciate that Sean. It's at exercise4less about 10 minutes from your place. Pretty sure I can get a free day pass with my loyalty points or even as a guest intro type thing. I'll have a look.

When is best for you? Assuming 6am isn't ideal I can do any time most weekends.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: October 28, 2016, 03:57:08 PM »

Is it something you could wear around the elbow, to mainly cover the joint on the inside of your arm?

If so, could you send me the link for that please, mate.

I've not been training long, but I feel like a massive fish hearing all these new excercises, lol.

It makes me feel a little better that someone who's been training 1/2 a century like you have, doesn't know them, Dean Wink
looks like they make one for the elbow.. in fact think they do it for most body bits

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004OWNHMS/ref=pd_sim_200_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=PV7GRBGZMTC5WDFRM45Q

Bought myself one of the elbow ones the other day.

First impressions are that it's absolutely fantastic as long as you ignore the bit in the instructions about sticking it in the fridge and opt for the freezer instead.

Might not be any use to you Mark as it doesn't apply any cold on the inside of the elbow. I'm assuming by inside you mean the bendy bit at the bottom of your bicep?

It covers the triceps really well and also both sides of the forearm but if you hold your arm out straight in front of you with your palm facing up it doesn't touch any of the stuff that's facing the ceiling.

I really like the compression part of it. You can pump it up so that it almost feels like you're wearing a cast.

Great buy.

the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: October 28, 2016, 05:12:26 PM »

Is it something you could wear around the elbow, to mainly cover the joint on the inside of your arm?

If so, could you send me the link for that please, mate.

I've not been training long, but I feel like a massive fish hearing all these new excercises, lol.

It makes me feel a little better that someone who's been training 1/2 a century like you have, doesn't know them, Dean Wink
looks like they make one for the elbow.. in fact think they do it for most body bits

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004OWNHMS/ref=pd_sim_200_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=PV7GRBGZMTC5WDFRM45Q

Bought myself one of the elbow ones the other day.

First impressions are that it's absolutely fantastic as long as you ignore the bit in the instructions about sticking it in the fridge and opt for the freezer instead.

Might not be any use to you Mark as it doesn't apply any cold on the inside of the elbow. I'm assuming by inside you mean the bendy bit at the bottom of your bicep?

It covers the triceps really well and also both sides of the forearm but if you hold your arm out straight in front of you with your palm facing up it doesn't touch any of the stuff that's facing the ceiling.

I really like the compression part of it. You can pump it up so that it almost feels like you're wearing a cast.

Great buy.

calf one awesome too

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: October 28, 2016, 08:56:56 PM »

4 rounds of

Farmers walk
Planks
Pistol Squat
Handstand
Single Arm band press

Then

5x200m
5x5e Single leg RDL

What's a single arm overhead walk? Dumbbell pressed up and then just go for a stroll?

Literally that, try to lock out and stay as upright as possible. Only use 8/10kg at the minute as I want to open up my torso a bit. So basically be as long as possible and use the most amount of core. Way harder than it looks, its so easy to lean over and counterbalance.

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: October 28, 2016, 09:00:00 PM »

Fronts today and went for 4x2.

All sets at 105 but the last rep of the last set I needed a slight nudge with a spot. Pleased with it though, absolutely mental when you see people 2x BW a fronty.

In for rack pulls and OHP tomorrow.

One of my mates was DL-ing today so decided to peacock and give 140 a bash. Felt heavier than I thought, but was pleased how it came up. Grip was not impressive though, which was a real disappointment.

Starting to feel some momentum coming in all areas, so really looking forward to Nov. and a little test day at the end.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: October 28, 2016, 10:50:18 PM »

I have been too distracted to study my macros, and actually to keep up the gym regime recently so there's a delay with my input coming up say within a couple of weeks on that, but i wanted to pop this in here randomly as i came across it and considering how cheap it is to supplement 10g of fenugreek powder a day this might benefit anyone who would give it a try. 2 mins video.

edit : the study cited that showed the improvement in leg press and bench press was with 500mg a day on non training days and 2x on training days. The 10g i confused with a diabetes related study on fenugreek, that showed improvements with that dose.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 11:05:23 PM by Ant040689 » Logged
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: October 28, 2016, 11:41:39 PM »

Ant that's bollocks.

I can buy the bit about curing cancer but adding 100lb to your leg press is a 100% crock of shit.

Pages: 1 ... 98 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 105 106 ... 282 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: