blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 08, 2024, 04:09:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272928 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make you STRONG
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 110 ... 282 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make you STRONG  (Read 544650 times)
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1575 on: November 06, 2016, 11:24:03 PM »

Given recent posts I thought I'd check what's really in one of the curries I make so here goes:

Numbers are calories, carbs, protein & fat.

40g wholegrain rice - 140, 28.5, 3.4, 1.1
180g chopped tomatoes - 52, 8.5, 2.3, 0.2
70g curry sauce - 75, 6.4, 1.1, 4.8
15g puree - 11, 1.7, 0.6, 0.1
5g olive oil - 41, 0, 0, 4.6
200g mixed veg - 96, 9.9, 2.4, 4.6
200g chicken - 212, 0, 48, 1
3 x pitta - 449, 72.6, 17.7, 5.1

Totals

1076 calories
127.6g carbs
75.5g protein
21.5g fat

Not the worst meal in the world by any means and easy to save a chunk of calories if I want to if I just take out the pittas.

I'm not scared of a few calories or carbs although in my mental days I'd have got rid of them and replaced with a shake somewhere to make up for the loss of protein.

I'm pleased I've done this at last as it shows me it's as good as I thought whilst still being really tasty. Happy days.

Food throughout the day is mostly a lot healthier than this so overall it's no great surprise that I'm doing quite well at the moment.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: November 07, 2016, 01:17:22 AM »

Looks pretty good to me bud although there are much better people to advise on here. One thing I do know is that you're supposed to put it down every rep. It's called a dead lift because you lift it from a dead stop every time.

Do you watch many deadlift videos on youtube? There's loads of them out there and you could get some great tips from them.

Look up Alan Thrall and also Mark Bell. Both have some great content not just for DL but all the strength movements.

I have yeh and I learnt a lot on the deadlift, but i guess its one thing knowing what to do and then actually executing it, so hopefully the vid helps.

I just assumed it didn't matter about dropping the bar at the end of each weight but will happily do it from now on, and it makes sense with it in the actual name  .
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: November 07, 2016, 11:21:44 AM »

Looks pretty good to me bud although there are much better people to advise on here. One thing I do know is that you're supposed to put it down every rep. It's called a dead lift because you lift it from a dead stop every time.

Do you watch many deadlift videos on youtube? There's loads of them out there and you could get some great tips from them.

Look up Alan Thrall and also Mark Bell. Both have some great content not just for DL but all the strength movements.

I have yeh and I learnt a lot on the deadlift, but i guess its one thing knowing what to do and then actually executing it, so hopefully the vid helps.

I just assumed it didn't matter about dropping the bar at the end of each weight but will happily do it from now on, and it makes sense with it in the actual name  .

You're doing sumo yeah? Probably could do with a wider stance, although its hard to tell from side on.

As Matt says, full reset is always nice. Pretty solid effort though!
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: November 07, 2016, 11:24:56 AM »

Given recent posts I thought I'd check what's really in one of the curries I make so here goes:

Totals

1076 calories
127.6g carbs
75.5g protein
21.5g fat

Not the worst meal in the world by any means and easy to save a chunk of calories if I want to if I just take out the pittas.

I'm not scared of a few calories or carbs although in my mental days I'd have got rid of them and replaced with a shake somewhere to make up for the loss of protein.

I'm pleased I've done this at last as it shows me it's as good as I thought whilst still being really tasty. Happy days.

Food throughout the day is mostly a lot healthier than this so overall it's no great surprise that I'm doing quite well at the moment.

There is a ton of protein there!

It is obviously healthy, my point remains the same, for body comp purposes it is just a matter of KCALs. So skittles everyday or that every week works out almost identical! One is certainly healthier than the other, but it all depends on the rest of the day/week.

Just wrote a little blog on body comp, titled "Calories are King'. So for fat loss, it is literally just calories, for general performance and life we obviously want some good nutrient dense KCALs in there most of the time.

Putting away 700 odd grams of food is always nice tho Cheesy
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: November 07, 2016, 11:49:36 AM »

Totals

1076 calories
127.6g carbs
75.5g protein
21.5g fat

It is obviously healthy, my point remains the same, for body comp purposes it is just a matter of KCALs. So skittles everyday or that every week works out almost identical! One is certainly healthier than the other, but it all depends on the rest of the day/week.

Just wrote a little blog on body comp, titled "Calories are King'. So for fat loss, it is literally just calories, for general performance and life we obviously want some good nutrient dense KCALs in there most of the time.

Really? So if I cancel my evening meal and just eat 7 bags of skittles every night instead my body composition will be exactly the same?

Sounds almost as convincing as the fenugreek video if I'm honest.

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: November 07, 2016, 02:32:55 PM »

You're doing sumo yeah? Probably could do with a wider stance, although its hard to tell from side on.

Cheers for the input.

It's more the stance I'm most comfortable at and is around feet shoulder width apart. So not quite a sumo.

I did squats yesterday at 60kg just to get the form down and I will need to buy the shoulder guard for the bar as it was not resting well at all on my back.

Found them tougher than when I last did them around half a year ago. Maybe I should do squats before the deadlifts?
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: November 07, 2016, 03:03:01 PM »

Cheers for the input.

It's more the stance I'm most comfortable at and is around feet shoulder width apart. So not quite a sumo.

I did squats yesterday at 60kg just to get the form down and I will need to buy the shoulder guard for the bar as it was not resting well at all on my back.

Found them tougher than when I last did them around half a year ago. Maybe I should do squats before the deadlifts?

Alternatively you could just man up a bit Wink

Seriously try without any kind of padding if you can. You'll build a tolerance before too long and you'll get some bloke points to offset the nuts and plants.

If you last did them half a year ago you're bound to find them tougher. Your body's forgot how to do them. Give it a few weeks and you'll be back in the groove.

Personally I squat before deadlift partly because deadlifts take so much out of me and also because I use my other exercises to make sure I'm properly warmed up for them.

Do you do any accessory work? I'm finding bent over rows are really helping.

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: November 07, 2016, 04:52:37 PM »

Totals

1076 calories
127.6g carbs
75.5g protein
21.5g fat

Really? So if I cancel my evening meal and just eat 7 bags of skittles every night instead my body composition will be exactly the same?

Sounds almost as convincing as the fenugreek video if I'm honest.

Fat loss is calories (and adequate protein). So if you have adequate protein, lets say anywhere between 1g-2g per KG, and you have 3000 KCALs a day (gives you a 500KCAL deficit), you will categorically lose weight if you stay under that. The hard part is, if I used all my KCALs on skittles, I would probably get really, really hungry and over eat.

There has been loads of people in the past that try mars bar/McDonalds/cookie diets etc with adequate protein that lose weight and maintain body comp, they just stay under their KCALs.

What I am saying, is if you keep KCALs the same, it doesn't matter if it comes from Pitta or Skittles if you are talking body composition. If your evening meal equates to say 500 KCALs with 50g of protein. You could have 50g of whey, and 300KCALs of skittles, and the end result is the same in how you look. How you perform and feel maybe a different matter. Although over one meal it shouldn't make too much difference.

I thought this was pretty obvious under flexible dieting or am I missing something? The leanest and ironically strongest I have ever got I was eating a box a day. (I am not for one second saying this is the reason, I got lean and strong despite of the skittles not because of, but they didn't hold me back at all, I had to give them up in the last 3-4 weeks as I just didn't have the KCALs to spare because I was so hungry).
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: November 07, 2016, 04:54:01 PM »

Cheers for the input.

Shoulder pads are not a good idea, even more so when you are tall. They cause horrible alignment with the bar to your hips/feet. Strongly recommend you don't do that, squeeze your shoulders together and get used to the pressure. First time I had 100kg on my back I thought I was being crushed.

Most PL's do squats before DL. But at the weight you are using not sure it matters, whatever makes you more confident. Or do them on separate days?
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: November 07, 2016, 04:55:54 PM »

Squats today 4x6 at 105. Felt pretty good, I came in at 89/90kg at the weekend. So when I put it against my BW its a little embarrassing, but we move forward.

Leg Press came to 220kg which was good.

Working on my nordic curl, really want a full one unassisted at some point in my life.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: November 07, 2016, 07:15:13 PM »

Squats today 4x6 at 105. Felt pretty good, I came in at 89/90kg at the weekend. So when I put it against my BW its a little embarrassing, but we move forward.

Working on my nordic curl, really want a full one unassisted at some point in my life.

Just had a look on Youtube, and I think I'd probably be through the floor trying those Cheesy

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: November 07, 2016, 10:48:44 PM »

Just had a look on Youtube, and I think I'd probably be through the floor trying those Cheesy

so much harder than they look, i definitely fall to the floor too when trying to go full range! Shows how hard BW stuff is, DL 200 but can't do one full nordic
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: November 08, 2016, 02:41:57 AM »

so much harder than they look, i definitely fall to the floor too when trying to go full range! Shows how hard BW stuff is, DL 200 but can't do one full nordic

Yeah, they look incredibly hard, and are no doubt even harder than that.

Remember seeing some guy doing them using the pads on the lat pulldown machine, and just thinking he was a savage.

Steve Swift

View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: November 08, 2016, 09:35:07 AM »

Test

At last sorted it was searching on here everywhere as how to do it, sussed it. (remove the s in https for those that don't know )
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 09:37:30 AM by Steve Swift » Logged
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: November 08, 2016, 10:15:28 AM »

Yeah, they look incredibly hard, and are no doubt even harder than that.

Remember seeing some guy doing them using the pads on the lat pulldown machine, and just thinking he was a savage.

Yeah thats how I do them, with plenty of bend in the knee, i only really go from the hips at minute. Definitely feel it through the hamstrings!
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 110 ... 282 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: