blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 12:52:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  An ACTUAL POKER HAND :)
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: An ACTUAL POKER HAND :)  (Read 6620 times)
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« on: August 17, 2015, 04:59:29 PM »

OK, I'll post a hand, as I played one recently I have no idea what to do lol

£5/£10 PLO, live poker 8 handed.

I raise to £100 over a limp + straddle and am called 6 (yes, 6) times.

I have  .

Flop  (£700)

Everyone is pretty deep, it checks to me, I'm playing about £5k and am covered in 2 spots, everyone else has between £1500 and £7k. I decide to check and it checks to the button, very good player, quite tight (as in, won't get out of line in this spot, but won't be shy about putting money in if thats the right thing to do) pots £700, covering me. folds to me...

WHAT DO I DO?

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2015, 05:07:05 PM »

no option but call imo

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2015, 05:29:26 PM »

I'd immediately quit this game and get back to telling stories on my blog. Wink

However as played I think call is certainly the only option for me.

I would definitely have considered leading though. We have a hand that can stand some action but prolly not in love with getting 500bb in on the flop (so don't raise now..)
PathFinder

@AWI_POKER

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2015, 06:13:48 PM »

There's not many 'nut' outs and villian could easily be betting with the nut flush draw plus a made hand or if he has the bare As in his hand it's difficult to continue vs action on turn when a spade drops. Probably just fold given pot size bet into multiple opponents and the fact we don't have nut flush draw AND out of position.

So even if flush is good we can't lead on the turn as villian can bluff us with bare As or have the nut flush himself.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 06:17:26 PM by PathFinder » Logged
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2015, 06:30:21 PM »

There's not many 'nut' outs and villian could easily be betting with the nut flush draw plus a made hand or if he has the bare As in his hand it's difficult to continue vs action on turn when a spade drops. Probably just fold given pot size bet into multiple opponents and the fact we don't have nut flush draw AND out of position.

So even if flush is good we can't lead on the turn as villian can bluff us with bare As or have the nut flush himself.

We've got more nut outs than the bare NFD.

I think c/c is the only way to go. I'm inclined to lead any card 6-J (non spade) on the turn (I think 6/7 is much better for our range as I'm not sure many people bet low end of wraps here closing the action unless they have NFD/blocker backup). i might lead as well as I think leading is the only way you fully stack him (get him to jam over a small river blocking type bet).
I'm torn between leading as I think when we lead and call a raise it turns our hand pretty face up, then again it's nice to have some hands like this to balance out the times we have bare QQ and don't want to flip for 5k.
Oxford_HRV

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2015, 07:08:19 PM »

7fkin ways lol I really like potting the flop.
My thinking is that no one can raise ANYTHING but QQ+ drawz, you can realise your equity quite well this way, most likely hand for villain imo is like A3467ss or QQxxAb or the real goods but they can obvs be betting top 2 with draw and middle sets with draw. Is it not pretty high variance peeling off a turn as you will c/f a good chunk of the 8 card deck to another bet and  only really be continuing on 11 outs?

To win at poker is to not have to play
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2015, 07:22:01 PM »

problem for me is that 4 hands (20 cards) have folded presumably in a game as loose as this appears they wouldn't fold the nut flush draw?  Not sure about the maths, but wouldn't that increase the chance of villain having the nut draw quite a bit?
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2015, 09:24:29 AM »

My thinking is that no one can raise ANYTHING but QQ+ drawz

in theory you are right but there are people in this pot who will jam 888 and ofc vs a couple of people we've not got much of a SPR.

problem for me is that 4 hands (20 cards) have folded presumably in a game as loose as this appears they wouldn't fold the nut flush draw?  Not sure about the maths, but wouldn't that increase the chance of villain having the nut draw quite a bit?

yep, bang on. Also, this is a very experienced player who won't play many hands (even from the BTN) with unsuited Axxxxx hands (except something like AKKQT, AA*** etc) so actually the chance of him having a hand that is just the is pretty minimal too.

Oxford_HRV

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2015, 01:41:50 PM »

eeesh, well surely we can only play it as a c/f we cant continue most of the time, and were facing a full pot bet

POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2015, 02:16:55 PM »

If villain had AsXsQQx, we still have 31%~, so we're getting pretty much direct odds to call in the worst case scenario.
atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2015, 02:47:08 PM »

is that 31% to win at river?  what if the turn is a blank tho? and we face another bet ?

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2015, 03:08:33 PM »

is that 31% to win at river?  what if the turn is a blank tho? and we face another bet ?

yup, excellent point.

POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2015, 03:15:44 PM »

If the turn is the Two Clubs and he pots it and has turned his hand over I'd be folding pretty quickly.
Oxford_HRV

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2015, 07:27:37 PM »

I think 7 way pots are just roflol, being oop is the key thing here, we cant play this hand as a c/c or a c/r imo

POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2015, 12:01:39 PM »

What was the turn/next action?
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: