blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:13:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Greatest British Sports Man/Woman
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Greatest British Sports Man/Woman  (Read 15084 times)
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2015, 08:51:16 PM »

I would say Mo Farah. Not even close imo.

Why?  Back up your case?  I have made mine.  he has beat all time cart horses to win 6 golds.  Who cares?

All them medals he's won

So as i said earlier if me, barry neville, da bookie and ali mallu rock up for the 100m 5 tiems in a row and i win 5 times a row in a shit time.  I am the greatest 100m runner ever?  Talk me through it?

If it was at the Olympics and/or World Championships
JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2015, 08:52:52 PM »

I would say Mo Farah. Not even close imo.

Why?  Back up your case?  I have made mine.  he has beat all time cart horses to win 6 golds.  Who cares?

All them medals he's won

So as i said earlier if me, barry neville, da bookie and ali mallu rock up for the 100m 5 tiems in a row and i win 5 times a row in a shit time.  I am the greatest 100m runner ever?  Talk me through it?

Do you have ginger hair?
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2015, 08:55:09 PM »

Please take this seriously because i can't have mo on my mind as even in the top 5 all time uk athletes.  It is a sport against the clock and tape measure.  Not how many golds you win.    They get paid huge sums ( more than quorn pay) to break world records.  Why doesn't mo go for them other than the fact he couldn't possibly get close to brekaing a world record?   The rewards have never been higher to break them.  We all know why 'times don't matter' because mo can't get anywhere near them all time.

It is amazing how people still buy into the bbc as being impartial.  This fred clearly shows it.  If the bbc don't state the facts then it must be right! wp cram and foster.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 08:59:33 PM by arbboy » Logged
JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2015, 08:59:03 PM »

David bedford is our best ever distance runner eh arbs?
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2015, 08:59:33 PM »

Please take this seriously because i can't have mo on my mind as even in the top 5 all time uk athletes.  It is a sport against the clock and tape measure.  Not how many golds you win.  

You don't have to have him on your mind, believe it or not, we are allowed to have a difference of opinion. If I tell you black forrest gateaux is the best dessert of all time will that give you sleepless nights too?

But in actual reply to that, the longer distance races are way more tactical than you are giving them credit for. When someone chooses to leg it and when they choose to conserve their energy is a big part of it.
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2015, 09:00:47 PM »

BTW if you want me to break it down in more detail, feel free to sign up for my premium tips on BettingEmporium.com
JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2015, 09:04:34 PM »

Please take this seriously because i can't have mo on my mind as even in the top 5 all time uk athletes.  It is a sport against the clock and tape measure.  Not how many golds you win.    They get paid huge sums ( more than quorn pay) to break world records.  Why doesn't mo go for them other than the fact he couldn't possibly get close to brekaing a world record?   The rewards have never been higher to break them.  We all know why 'times don't matter' because mo can't get anywhere near them all time.

It is amazing how people still buy into the bbc as being impartial.  This fred clearly shows it.  If the bbc don't state the facts then it must be right! wp cram and foster.

Foster still thinks viren wasnt a cheat lol. Hes skewed by it being his event, his sport.

Top5 in athletics for me are:-

Edwards
Coe
Christie
Rutherford
steve jones

« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 09:09:03 PM by JohnCharver » Logged
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2015, 09:06:39 PM »

BTW if you want me to break it down in more detail, feel free to sign up for my premium tips on BettingEmporium.com

Why doesn't he take the huge financial rewards on offer to break world records if he can?  When he is happy to take the quorn money?  All these times were done outside of championships with huge financial incentives.  most of the legends wanted to be the best ever anyway.  Mo constantly talks about making huge sacrifices from his family so why wouldn't he want to cash in on the golden league season by breaking world records to justify the sacrifices he makes?  Makes no sense to me unless, like me, he knows he can't lace the spikes of the previous all time greats and he knows by going for them it will expose him to quorn that he is an all time jobber rather than the 'greatest sportsman in history' the bbc sells us.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2015, 09:08:44 PM »

I know understand why Greg is so fucked off about his image in current UK athletes.  Makes more sense.  He is as good as mo all time but gets no credit even with the grand slam.  Greg knows mo is a jobber like he is but he wants the same financial pay day.  You cant blame him
craigbetts

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2015, 09:09:24 PM »

Practice protein, practice protein.

"We're not here to take part, we're here to take over"
JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2015, 09:13:01 PM »

I know understand why Greg is so fucked off about his image in current UK athletes.  Makes more sense.  He is as good as mo all time but gets no credit even with the grand slam.  Greg knows mo is a jobber like he is but he wants the same financial pay day.  You cant blame him

Bit unfair. Mo wins in the current field no matter what they do (yeah they arent great) but rutherford loses if the yank or a few other jump well. Been a dirth of talent in 10k since the kenyans realised it was pointless compared to big city marathons cash.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2015, 09:13:59 PM »

I know understand why Greg is so fucked off about his image in current UK athletes.  Makes more sense.  He is as good as mo all time but gets no credit even with the grand slam.  Greg knows mo is a jobber like he is but he wants the same financial pay day.  You cant blame him

Bit unfair. Mo wins in the current field no matter what they do (yeah they arent great) but rutherford loses if the yank or a few other jump well. Been a dirth of talent in 10k since the kenyans realised it was pointless compared to big city marathons cash.

So what you are saying is Mo is beating nothing and isn't anywhere near the greatest ever in his own event never mind the greatest GB sportsman in history.

There has been a huge lack of talent in the long jump for 20 years in case you missed it.
JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2015, 09:15:50 PM »

So what you are saying is Mo is beating nothing and isn't anywhere near the greatest ever in his own event never mind the greatest GB sportsman in history.

Where have I ever argued he is?
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2015, 09:16:30 PM »

Greatest UK athlete of all time [2,5]

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
bagel
bagel

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2015, 09:19:02 PM »

anybody who can say mo farah is not in top five uk athletes of all time is completely deluded.

lock for top three.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: