blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:14:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Greatest British Sports Man/Woman
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Greatest British Sports Man/Woman  (Read 15086 times)
JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 29, 2015, 09:20:49 PM »

By your reasoning is galen rupp a better 10k runner than mo farah arb?
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 29, 2015, 09:21:01 PM »

anybody who can say mo farah is not in top five uk athletes of all time is completely deluded.

lock for top three.

Coe (30 years world record holder) Edwards 20 years world record holder and counting.  I won't speak about the rest.  Paula.  4 of the fastest 6 marathon times in history (most over 10 years ago and 1/1000000 drug clean).  Talk me through why mo is ahead of these before Delay/Sally/Linford.  I am all ears.

Steve Backley is higher in my all time list than Mo.  We went head to head with the greatest ever to live in his event yet still won loads of golds.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 09:24:43 PM by arbboy » Logged
JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 29, 2015, 09:23:52 PM »

anybody who can say mo farah is not in top five uk athletes of all time is completely deluded.

lock for top three.

Coe (30 years world record holder) Edwards 20 years world record holder and counting.  I won't speak about the rest.  Paula.  4 of the fastest 6 marathon times in history (most over 10 years ago and 1/1000000 drug clean).  Talk me through why mo is ahead of these before Delay/Sally/Linford.  I am all ears.

Would you argue there was any chance linford was clean?

You forgot jackson aswell (while we are naming drug cheats)
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 29, 2015, 09:27:54 PM »

lock for top three.

I think linford was more clean than mo is.  Edwards and Paula are 1.00001 to be 10000% clean.  Both current world record holders even though the records were set 10+ years ago.   No one has got near either fwiw in 10 years of improved training/nutrition etc etc.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 09:30:44 PM by arbboy » Logged
JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 29, 2015, 09:36:22 PM »

lock for top three.

I think linford was more clean than mo is.  Edwards and Paula are 1.00001 to be 10000% clean.  Both current world record holders even though the records were set 10+ years ago.   No one has got near either fwiw in 10 years of improved training/nutrition etc etc.

Quorns legal bro
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 29, 2015, 09:37:26 PM »

I am amazed the judges on here really fall for the bbc drug propaganda rather than the clock.
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 29, 2015, 09:46:55 PM »

Mo is def cleaner than Coe was.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 29, 2015, 09:48:34 PM »

I am amazed the judges on here really fall for the bbc drug propaganda rather than the clock.

I get what you are saying Arb, but Mo Farah is without question a winner.

Who else has won that tally of golds over 5 and 10k?

You can't argue he has won on the world stage time and time again.

BTW, I loved Seb Coe. He was pure class on the track, the most graceful and majestic runner ever.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 29, 2015, 09:52:07 PM »

BTW, I loved Seb Coe. He was pure class on the track, the most graceful and majestic runner ever.

Greg is a winner as well.  Why isn't he the greatest all time gb sportsman?  Because he is ginger or because, like Mo, he is down at 50th all time on the records list in his chosen events?
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 29, 2015, 09:53:11 PM »

Greg is a winner as well.  Why isn't he the greatest all time gb sportsman?

Ginger discrimination, obv...

craigbetts

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 29, 2015, 09:54:29 PM »

'I think linford is more clean than Mo is' apologies I can not quote on my tablet. But that is the most absurd line I have ever read, period. Whilst OP thinks about the quality of truth, whom did Linford beat and was Linford banned for any time? Some poor form being shown in this thread.

"We're not here to take part, we're here to take over"
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 29, 2015, 09:56:34 PM »

'I think linford is more clean than Mo is' apologies I can not quote on my tablet. But that is the most absurd line I have ever read, period. Whilst OP thinks about the quality of truth, whom did Linford beat and was Linford banned for any time? Some poor form being shown in this thread.

Who did Linford beat?  Were you alive in 1992?
craigbetts

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 29, 2015, 09:59:22 PM »

I am the same age as you Mr Wilson so you tell me who he beat. Yes I know.

"We're not here to take part, we're here to take over"
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 29, 2015, 10:04:30 PM »

Half the field he beat were drug cheats.  More importantly who has mo beat?  and in what time?  9.96 in 1992 was rapid.
JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 29, 2015, 10:08:58 PM »

Half the field he beat were drug cheats.  More importantly who has mo beat?  and in what time?  9.96 in 1992 was rapid.

But he failed a drugs test in 1988. Plus that time vs today suggest christie is a mo farah of 1992?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: