blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 12, 2024, 12:22:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272983 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Re-Entry and Late Reg - Your Views please?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Re-Entry and Late Reg - Your Views please?  (Read 28854 times)
duncthehat
25 years married to a EU Citizen

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: October 26, 2015, 08:30:41 PM »

There is no doubt DTD have been innovative over the years always willing to try new ideas. But from replies on here and from my own perspective I believe that the constant changes have cost the club players.

I used to be constantly checking up and coming tournaments at DTD but now find myself checking the site every few weeks or months. Yet I still look to play as many MTT's as possible but play elsewhere most of the time. My reasons are similar to previous entries on here.

I now dislike multiple re entries. They have changed the game and make tournaments more of a gamble then a skill game.
I used to like re entry MTT's and late reg. for the extra value they add to the prize pool but over recent years I have completely changed my opinion.

I dislike the 'added seats' in the prize pool. They detract from payouts and mean that you can go quite deep in a tournament but the payout does not seem to reflect how well a player has done to get that deep (if they don't make the added seats part of the payouts).

I echo many views on here that would prefer to see smaller more realistic guarantees rather than added seats and multiple re entries.

I dislike the 50k starting stack with blinds starting 100/200/25. This structure is not representative of all of the other main tours in the UK.

It's just my opinion for what ever it's worth but I would like to see DTD get back to very limited re entries or freeze outs and drop the 50k starting stack structure. ( this months Deep Stack structure looks great. 30k and most if not all levels back in).

Also a more constant schedule would renew my interest rather than the constant changes of the past few years.

Have to say I agree with this post completely.    Have been missing from DTD for a couple of years myself due to all the changes.      However the club does seem to happily thrive and I guess I am part of a small minority looking at the numbers DTD achieves.  I have found i enjoy smaller local tournaments more rather than the 4 hour round trip to DTD, but I do wish the club success

Fighting for EU Citizens Resident in the UK #RightToStay
shmeigle

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 27, 2015, 05:08:49 PM »

this is 2nd hand info to me but apparently DTD made a £5million loss last year

very sad to hear.

its not a case of I told you so but obv things aren't going very well for that to be true.

in my humble opinion I think that's more down to how things are than a lack of interest and support from uk poker players

give the players what they want and they will travel, they will part with their hard earned money, they will play live poker at DTD

Its Hold'em NOT Fold'em
Simplez
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 27, 2015, 05:13:13 PM »

duncan and john, you both saw the blog a month ago that detailed the changes to late reg and re-entry policy?

its here, in case you didn't

http://www.dusktilldawnpoker.com/blog.php?profile=4&id=524

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
shmeigle

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 27, 2015, 05:42:56 PM »

duncan and john, you both saw the blog a month ago that detailed the changes to late reg and re-entry policy?

yea I saw the blog.....
you must have missed my reply after this announcement, it was reply #154

I will remind you

I said something to the effect of, whilst this in a step in the right direction these changes affect the ''problems/procedures I care least about.
the thing that matters the most to me was the payout structure in general and the seats paid for out of tournament entries.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 05:45:36 PM by shmeigle » Logged

Its Hold'em NOT Fold'em
Simplez
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 27, 2015, 06:00:40 PM »

yea I saw the blog.....

I will remind you

I said something to the effect of, whilst this in a step in the right direction these changes affect the ''problems/procedures I care least about.
the thing that matters the most to me was the payout structure in general and the seats paid for out of tournament entries.

In the weekday evening tournies the format is freezeout with 10K start stack 50/100 start blinds 20 minutes level, shot clock and no reloads or rentries. No seats taken from Gtd prizepools. Seems to tick all the boxes imho

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
duncthehat
25 years married to a EU Citizen

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 28, 2015, 10:48:07 PM »

Hi Tighty.   No mate I didnt, thanks for pointing it out.  Kind of switched off to all things DTD a while back so a bit behind

Fighting for EU Citizens Resident in the UK #RightToStay
shmeigle

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 29, 2015, 05:24:19 PM »

yea I saw the blog.....

I will remind you

In the weekday evening tournies the format is freezeout with 10K start stack 50/100 start blinds 20 minutes level, shot clock and no reloads or rentries. No seats taken from Gtd prizepools. Seems to tick all the boxes imho

I'm not going to travel a 200mile round trip to play a £30 freeze on a weekday am I? obvs I wast specific enough

Its Hold'em NOT Fold'em
Simplez
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: