blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:00:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272477 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  4 Card Omaha - Lovely Problem to Have
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 4 Card Omaha - Lovely Problem to Have  (Read 3074 times)
LonOhRay

View Profile
« on: September 03, 2015, 12:05:10 PM »

Good Morning, thought I'd post a hand played recently for some discussion as I enjoy reading this board and seeing opinions

Could well be straight forward but it has had mixed responses from people I ask

Game is live 1/2 Omaha 4/5/6 cards in London

It is 4am and 5 handed with one person away from the table, has been a lot of action through the night the big winners have left the game

Line up

Button: 50 year old, European professional PLO player used to have SNE on Pokerstars, always picks 4 cards, blasts away with blockers and unconnected boards even multiway, will call light and make life a misery at any opportunity, plays higher stakes but this is only game running

Small Blind: Myself, 25, not afraid to get involved preflop or post, known to bluff multiple streets/use blockers/multiway pots but will usually have best of it when lots of money goes in

Big Blind: 50 year old quiet Asain guy known to have ran big home games and won, limp calls preflop all day, 3 bet or raising range preflop AAxxx/KKxxx only from memory (typical for game), when winning very solid when stuck opens up a LOT

UTG: 50 year old Black guy who likes to moan about anything and everything, mostly his luck and dealers, limp calls all day, will call flops and turns and fold rivers with minimal money behind. When stuck he will call down light and get his draws/made hands in on flops and turns. Buys in for minimum but doesn't have much regard when he builds a stack. Plays his hand for what it is, rarely bluff, will check back missed draws. Will bluff with nut flush blocker on occasion, most other times will fold it face up and laugh

BB and UTG both stuck in the game

UTG (800) limps £2
Button (1000) raises to £9 - close to 100% here
SB (Covers) Calls £9?
BB (600) Calls £9

UTG Calls £9

Pot £36

Flop:

SB Check? - Button will attack low flops in 4 card a lot, perhaps not one this connected with a suit though
BB Check
UTG bets pot £36
Button folds

SB Call?
BB pot for £180
UTG Calls in under 10 seconds

SB Calls?

Pot £576

Turn:

SB Pot £576
BB All in for ~£400
UTG Calls with £100 back

Could do something different on each street

Any opinions on the hand from anyone appreciated, I don't pretend to know what I'm doing in these games so feel free to say the opposite to what I did in game 
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2015, 12:14:32 PM »

I don't know what to do, but I thoroughly enjoyed reading this OP Smiley

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2015, 12:19:52 PM »

I'm folding pre here but I am one of the tighter players.

Having flicked in the £9(which I used to aged 25)I think you've played it perfecty.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2015, 12:27:47 PM »

Ha! I only play in this game once or twice a month but recognised UTG instantly, you've got him down to a tee.

I'd play the hand in exactly the same way - might ask the dealer for the  Two Clubs  Wink
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2015, 12:31:47 PM »

I'm folding pre here but I am one of the tighter players.

Having flicked in the £9(which I used to aged 25)I think you've played it perfecty.

£9 was a lot of money in 1965.

+1 to Rexas, most entertaining OP.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Derbylad

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2015, 01:13:59 PM »

Seems absolutely fine as played. Tell the dealer you'll tip him for J-A c's d's and sweat the river.
What would you do if UTG was all in and the players asked to run it twice?
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2015, 01:21:50 PM »

Wouldn't fold pre here in a live game.

Like your line.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2015, 12:11:11 PM »

agree, calling pre as it's a live game but i know 100% someone can prove using maths it better to fold though, would still call even after being shown that Cheesy

Like the initial check call OTF, as it's not really a nice SPR to be check raising, you can push a LOT of equity by raising, but it's late, it's a live game you never quite know what people are capable of doing/not doing at this stage in a game so the deceptive value of just calling alongside the advantage of keeping the pot controlled with a pretty venerable monster makes calling defo the best play. The BIG downside to calling is if the turn checks through multi-way which is a crying shame as we've lost value vs all sorts and potentially given 8-12 cards a chance to outdraw a big made hand for £36, what can you do though, life can't always be perfect!

You cuold consider a flop lead, the SPR is not really that for a flop lead imo, getting raised would obviously be very nice but mostly whats going to happen is 3 people call and your going to go to a turn with £180 and forced to pot again and it will be easy to play but not so much fun, may as well go for check call which gives you the option to check pot the turn and get tons of money in really good.

However once you are potted again OTF I see absolutely no reason not to get it in, Nice to see a non heart turn, but I've never been a worrier on that stuff, the money is there, just take it.

AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2015, 02:10:08 PM »

great description (be amazing if all op's gave that much detail), nice hand, think seeing a decent turn here is smart 3 way.
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2015, 04:01:08 PM »

I'd fold pre but post is wp imo. Even with the extension I think it'd be spewy to repot flop. There are plenty of combinations of 8 cards that they can have between them that leave you with <33% equity

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: