blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 10:11:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  ***BLONDES DO A GOOD DEED THREAD***
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: ***BLONDES DO A GOOD DEED THREAD***  (Read 3841 times)
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2015, 11:50:38 PM »

Another good one that my dad taught me. He doesn't have many good ideas so I liked this one.

When shopping in  tesco/sainsburys etc and they give you the ticket that say you have spent 2p more by shopping in tesco today so here is 2p voucher. Thanks but no thanks, anyway.

Instead of binning it/ putting it in my wallet and forgetting about it it's nice to give it to the person behind you in the queue.

Obviously I still do this when its £2 etc! I'm not that much of a nit.

It also helps if the person behind is a hot girl.

I did have one time though when it said like £2.75, so true to my morals I gave it to the person behind, and then I remembered I was getting a drink from the cigarette counter and was really gutted I had to break a £20 rather than using the voucher I had given away just seconds before.

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2015, 01:36:18 PM »

I have a free day today, am in Nottingham. Would like to spontaneously spend the rest of the day doing something good, charity volunteering or anything. Where should I go? What should I do? Online seems to just show long term opportunities.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2015, 01:39:38 PM »

Another good one that my dad taught me. He doesn't have many good ideas so I liked this one.

When shopping in  tesco/sainsburys etc and they give you the ticket that say you have spent 2p more by shopping in tesco today so here is 2p voucher. Thanks but no thanks, anyway.

Instead of binning it/ putting it in my wallet and forgetting about it it's nice to give it to the person behind you in the queue.

Obviously I still do this when its £2 etc! I'm not that much of a nit.

It also helps if the person behind is a hot girl.

I did have one time though when it said like £2.75, so true to my morals I gave it to the person behind, and then I remembered I was getting a drink from the cigarette counter and was really gutted I had to break a £20 rather than using the voucher I had given away just seconds before.

I used to do a similar thing at Boots - they always seem to give out vouchers for No7 makeup with the receipt so I'll give it to the nearest cute teenage girl as they love makeup.

I intend to start doing it again as soon as that court order expires.
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2015, 02:54:04 PM »

I have a free day today, am in Nottingham. Would like to spontaneously spend the rest of the day doing something good, charity volunteering or anything. Where should I go? What should I do? Online seems to just show long term opportunities.

Nice one Alex.

I've no idea off the top of my head. Maybe some of the Notts Blondes can provide some suggestions.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2015, 03:36:51 PM »

My car could do with a clean if you're offering......?

Seriously though try Alex Ottewell. She does loads of stuff with Emmanuel House the homeless people place in Nottingham. Pretty sure she'd be able to put you in touch with someone.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2015, 03:42:34 PM »

My car could do with a clean if you're offering......?

Seriously though try Alex Ottewell. She does loads of stuff with Emmanuel House the homeless people place in Nottingham. Pretty sure she'd be able to put you in touch with someone.

Good idea Matt, just messaged her.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2015, 06:56:57 PM »

I found a letter today about 6 foot from the letter box, it had obviously been dropped.

I posted it.

Little things.
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2015, 08:58:11 PM »

Hope you managed to find something to do in Nottingham.

One of the issues about voluntary work these days is the need for some form of vetting process. I'm still in the approval process at Shaw Trust. Because their 'clients' are vulnerable adults I have to be DBS checked to make sure I have no inappropriate history with the police and I had to provide two referees. Not much scope for spontaneity there.

I was the beneficiary of an act of kindness last week though. nothing that cost the giver, but it saved me £15 on my shopping. I will pay that on to someone and hope that they in turn pay it on again.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: